What About Your Tractor Makes You Swear?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The threading in the bolts that you have to take out to fold the ROPS is crummy. No amount of lube oil, pbs blaster, wd 40 makes them turn freely. And the leash that holds the cotter pin is immune to any normal wire cutters. And the fact that whoever did up the adjustment bolt had it so tight that it required hanging off a breaker bar to budge it so the ROPs could move. In otner words a 10 min operation took over an hour. Grrr. :mad:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ahhh come on sheep farmer tell us how you really feel,,lol,,
Hey hows the hay burner coming along?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
About the only thing on the tractor that bugged me was the parking brake, and that has improved greatly since it was modified:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15622&highlight=parking+brake

But something that drives me absolutely insane is that every time I get on the tractor & start getting something done, (and start having fun) someone, be it relatives, friends, neighbors, or whatever, has some kind of emergency that requires my help, assistance, expertise, muscles, or money. It almost never fails.... it's just uncanny. I estimated my driveway project to take 6 months, a year at the outside, but it ended up taking over 2 years. Keep in mind that my tractor is 150 miles from where I live, and most of the tractor work is there, so when I get called away, I have to shut down, store & lock up the tractor, shutdown the water & such at the cabin, lock it up, then drive 2 1/2 hours to get home. When I finally get to return, I have to do everything in reverse to get rolling again. I thought when I retired I would have lots of time for MY projects & tasks, but everyone seems to think I retired to have time to do things for them. I guess I need to get meaner & just say no, or maybe get rid of all my phones, or both. Rant/snivel off, sorry.:eek:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Ahhh come on sheep farmer tell us how you really feel,,lol,,
Hey hows the hay burner coming along?
He's healing up from surgery well, eating well, pooping well, but life is cruel. This is the first week he could be allowed out in a small corral, off his leash so to speak, and he has developed a stiff neck, so he complains that it hurts to put his head down to eat grass, ordinarily his favorite thing :( he has spent the last 6 weeks devouring dandelions and anything else green in the lawn, so it was a shock when I got him out for his walk and he just looked at the grass wistfully. He gets his head down to graze by curling up his left foreleg. Something of a mystery.

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
What irritates me about my l3901 is the rear 3pt stabilizer turn buckles and the adjustable side and top link. You'd think for the money that kubota would offer a more user friendly setup stock and not have to be purchased aftermarket.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
The threading in the bolts that you have to take out to fold the ROPS is crummy. No amount of lube oil, pbs blaster, wd 40 makes them turn freely. And the leash that holds the cotter pin is immune to any normal wire cutters. And the fact that whoever did up the adjustment bolt had it so tight that it required hanging off a breaker bar to budge it so the ROPs could move. In otner words a 10 min operation took over an hour. Grrr. :mad:

I hear you on the fold down bolts. One of mine does it. I keep telling myself to drill the threads out and use a quick pin. Then I catch myself slowly cranking it out with the old screwdriver in the toolbox whose sole purpose in life is this one bolt.

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
What irritates me about my l3901 is the rear 3pt stabilizer turn buckles and the adjustable side and top link. You'd think for the money that kubota would offer a more user friendly setup stock and not have to be purchased aftermarket.
I hear you on the stabilizer turnbuckles, but what bugs you about the side and top link? Apart from having a hydraulic top link, how could these be improved?

m7060

Lifetime Member
Jul 13, 2014
london, ky
In reply to PH Paul..... I had the same complaint . My tractor is an M7060 w/cab. to resolve the problem, I used a piece of 1"x 6"x 1/16" flat stock and cut a slot at the correct angle to slide on the 3 point linkage arm so I can adjust it from the rear and remove it for storage in the tool box when done. Made life easier and wife will now stand within ear shot when i change implements....

Last edited:

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
I hear you on the stabilizer turnbuckles, but what bugs you about the side and top link? Apart from having a hydraulic top link, how could these be improved?
Mainly the side link, I really wish having a leveling gearbox was a standard option for adjusting the side link height vs the standard screw in/screw out side link.

Reactions: 1 user

RobbAR

Equipment
B3200
Aug 18, 2014
NW Arkansas
I hate the seat on my B3200....wobbly..loose rocks side to side....but will look into fixing it myself...all the safety switches...and springs are most likely to at least be rearranged...

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
My size ten feet with steel toe boots and the small footboards make for a little challenge when getting off tractor. Swing right leg up over steering wheel, and turn on one foot to get lined up for escape. Need to make extensions for them.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
My size ten feet with steel toe boots and the small footboards make for a little challenge when getting off tractor. Swing right leg up over steering wheel, and turn on one foot to get lined up for escape. Need to make extensions for them.
GEEZ TJ I sure hope it is not too far to the ground! If I had to swing a leg over tne steering wheel on mine I'd be toast. :eek:

cn2redjeep

Equipment
L3901, tiller, finish mower, pallet forks, rear blade
Mar 27, 2015
Illinois
Return a new machine to the dealership (4) times for the same problem. This last time it's been setting there 3 weeks. If it doesn't get repaired by Friday of this week you may see me on the 6:00 news. ( white headed 70 year old man goes postal at local equipment dealership)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I do the same dance with size 11's :D It sure is a bear when they are icy :rolleyes: Was real fun till I got the clutch side fender tightened up so it didn't wobble back and fourth 3 inches. Almost did a couple headers off then :eek:

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
Return a new machine to the dealership (4) times for the same problem. This last time it's been setting there 3 weeks. If it doesn't get repaired by Friday of this week you may see me on the 6:00 news. ( white headed 70 year old man goes postal at local equipment dealership)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yikes. I'd be calling the regional service manager or something. I'm not normally a complainer but this seems over the top.

FrozenInTime

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 25, 2015
ND
2370, I hate the sky high brake pedal. The ROPS.. there is no need for it to be this darn high.... and I hate that I now have to repair my garage door trim because it is so darn high. Other than that, so far love it. 3-point, they all are a pain to get set right, just learn it. Rear could be a little heavier, mine goes airborne if I don't remember to put weight bar on 3-point. AND, my darn modem battery going dead as I'm typing typing this.... LOL

millsan1

Equipment
BX25D, SGC05, 4' Box Blade, 6' rake, 6' blade, Titan BX42 Chipper
The POS little bitty front tires on my BX.

Do any heavy FEL work? Flats.

Let them sit? Flats.

Get dirt on the rim? Flats.

Have them filled? No flats and a much happier guy.

igizzzmo1

Feb 28, 2016
Elmira, Or
I should have bought a bigger tractor. B2650 just isn't enough power for what I need to do. I hate clay dirt sticking in my back hoe bucket. My load leveler has broke twice. Just got it back from warranty work only to break it again with in 5 minutes. Work and family events keep me from being on the tractor. Early mornings I want to be on the tractor but I don't want the noise to wake the neighbors up. That's my rant for now.