What about non-tractors ?

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
If a tractor's front axle didn't pivot, it probably could be rated to lift more with the loader (some of the lift limit is also the tractors weight). But, since it can pivot at the front axle where the weight is lifted high, it can become tipsy and dangerous. Why not consider another type of equipment (I know Â…. This site isn't called Orange TRACTOR Talks for nothing Â… tractors). Anyway, what about Compact Articulating Loaders? Neither axle pivots and many of them have a considerably higher lift rating, lift height, and hydraulic flow than small tractors (BX's and B's). Obviously they don't have a 3pt hitch but they can mount a "million" different attachments to the front. Kubota's smallest is not as small as 3 or 4 other brands. At least 2 non-Kubota brands use Kubota Diesel engines, one is a D902 engine. I don't know if I can mention "other" brand names. I didn't see any prices so I think they're expensive, but some of you guys have 3 & 4 or more tractors so instead of all equipment being the same, what about a little variety. They seem like they'd be very useful in the right situations. Unlike skid steers, they don't tear up the grass.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Loaders are really good at loading that is true.

Shovels are really good digging.

Toasters are great at making toast.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
One brand is Avant and there are around 120 attachments (avanttecno.com), the other is Multione and they have like 170 attachments (multione.com) …. isn't everybody stuck at home with not much to do ?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Articlulated loaders either have a rear axle that articulated or a center pivot that has articulated movement, although the later is rare. Without some sort of pivot, the strain on the axle that only has all the weight on the ground on uneven ground would cause it to break.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I have both a L3301 and a Kubota U 25S mini excavator. Now I want a Kubota loader! There is a fair bit of overlap in what the various rigs can do, and it is fun being able to choose the best tool for the days work.