Went to the toy store yesterday

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
To pick up a pair of filters and a bucket of UDT2 (ouch...)

The lot was absolutely packed with new Kubotas in every size. Commented to the parts guy that they seem to have their supply situation under control. He said "Tractors, yes, but we're having an awful time trying to find loaders."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

The lot was absolutely packed with new Kubotas in every size. Commented to the parts guy that they seem to have their supply situation under control. He said "Tractor's, yes, but we're having an awful time trying to find loaders."
That’s exactly what my local dealer told me a couple weeks ago. About 25 tractors and 1 loader

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Local dealer has same issue , no loaders.
Picked up oil change supplys and checked on weights I ordered last summer/ early fall. He thinks they may come in next month not 100% sure.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I noticed the same yesterday. Had to go to the green store as well as the orange one next door. Lots of tractors, very few with loaders. If I remember correctly, the JD had more with loaders than Kubota.

This was in N Georgia.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

The lot was absolutely packed with new Kubotas in every size. Commented to the parts guy that they seem to have their supply situation under control. He said "Tractors, yes, but we're having an awful time trying to find loaders."
Aren't Kubota loaders made in the USA (S. Georgia?)

Reactions: 1 user

Coastie_C

Equipment
Kubota M4-071 Deluxe, LA-1154 Loader, L-5030 and, ZD-1211
Mar 19, 2022
SE VA
Agreed. I have had a loader on order since early October 2021. Dealer says loaders are made in GA but they are having a problem getting the hydraulic cylinders delivered. An issue with the supply of the unique steel used for them. However, good news last week was that there is a May 23 build date and I should have it first part of June.

5 gal bucket of UDT does indeed hurt. I wonder if there is a discount source for Kubota parts on the web? I just changed 1 of the 2 hydraulic filters, am having trouble removing the filter on the right side having ruined an oil filter strap wrench after standing on it in an attempt to break the filter free. Got a heavy duty, extra wide filter wrench made by Gear Wrench tools which will take 1/2" drive tools. I see my 24" breaker bar coming into play to get the filter off. FWIW, I use Mobile DELVAC 1, synthetic oil made for diesel engines in all our implements and that has served us well. Yes, it is a bit pricy but it flows when it's cold and lasts more than just 1 season.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Agreed. I have had a loader on order since early October 2021. Dealer says loaders are made in GA but they are having a problem getting the hydraulic cylinders delivered. An issue with the supply of the unique steel used for them. However, good news last week was that there is a May 23 build date and I should have it first part of June.

5 gal bucket of UDT does indeed hurt. I wonder if there is a discount source for Kubota parts on the web? I just changed 1 of the 2 hydraulic filters, am having trouble removing the filter on the right side having ruined an oil filter strap wrench after standing on it in an attempt to break the filter free. Got a heavy duty, extra wide filter wrench made by Gear Wrench tools which will take 1/2" drive tools. I see my 24" breaker bar coming into play to get the filter off. FWIW, I use Mobile DELVAC 1, synthetic oil made for diesel engines in all our implements and that has served us well. Yes, it is a bit pricy but it flows when it's cold and lasts more than just 1 season.
Same issue with DEF rated hose. They are having issues with getting the chemicals needed to manufacture it. Checked 3 different hose vendors before finding and getting the last 50' roll they had.

Had a 300 gallon bulk tank with dispenser delivered to the shop. While hooking it up, I wanted to be able to reach out into the parking lot with the Nozzle incase I have equipment in the bay.

I can get DEF in bulk for almost half of what it costs at the pump at the truck stop.

And with 2 semi's, 2 diesel F550's, and some other equipment that uses DEF as well, that's a pretty substantial savings in a year.

Coastie_C

Equipment
Kubota M4-071 Deluxe, LA-1154 Loader, L-5030 and, ZD-1211
Mar 19, 2022
SE VA
I feel lucky. All of our larger diesel equipment is pre TIER IV emission standards and we do not have to deal with the cost and complexity of the emissions system.

Thanks for the reply; its a frustrating tangle of an economic bog down trying to obtain items which, pre-COVID and pre-January 2021 were easy to source and obtain was the rule v/s the exception.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine

Where in Maine did you see the dealer with lots of tractors? I went to the Kubota dealer in Gorham and the lot was almost empty!