Went form a b2620 to an lx2610

haveissues

Equipment
LX2610
Sep 13, 2013
northeast
The nice man from Kentucky dropped of my new lx2610 the other day. I wasn't sure if it was a big enough jump from a b2620 to a lx2610 but it is perfect and I'm very happy with my decision. I bought cid attachments grapple and forks - the quick attach loader is a huge plus! Made in the USA, even the fork tines and the price was right. Glad I went with the larger r14 tires also. The boy had a great time clearing out a drainage ditch. Everything moves nice and slow for him on idle. My only complaint? The whole damn tractor is plastered with warning stickers. Everywhere. I know I'm nitpicking.

IMG_20200810_174536.jpg

There was some speculation if the rops model is a dynamo like the b2650 or an alternator. I was pleased to see it has a 40 amp alternator. The rops also has several holes predrilled in it so between the alternator and the factory holes adding lighting will be easy.

IMG_20200812_090047.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

bob219

Equipment
Kubota LX2610
Aug 12, 2020
Smithville, MO
Good to hear! Mine is still waiting delivery - I got the backhoe and QA loader too - waiting on installation of the 3rd function valve for the grapple. I am jumping up from a BX.

Reactions: 1 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Somehow I doubt the stickers will help.
You are correct. Should have said "That is how they TRY to keep folks from killing themselves".

In the short time I have been on this forum it is amazing how many people do not read the manual. Heck there was a guy last week that didn't know where the throttle was or how to get the tractor to move! After no one on here could understand the problem he reported back that a friend straightened him out--not that he looked in the manual on how to move the tractor.

That being said how many folks know of the danger of pitch or angles (flipping or rolling over), or that the PTO will kill you. Unfortunately, I suspect that the folks that do not even read the manual bother to look at the sticker of the guy twisted like a pretzel around the PTO.

bob219

Equipment
Kubota LX2610
Aug 12, 2020
Smithville, MO
You are correct. Should have said "That is how they TRY to keep folks from killing themselves".

In the short time I have been on this forum it is amazing how many people do not read the manual. Heck there was a guy last week that didn't know where the throttle was or how to get the tractor to move! After no one on here could understand the problem he reported back that a friend straightened him out--not that he looked in the manual on how to move the tractor.

That being said how many folks know of the danger of pitch or angles (flipping or rolling over), or that the PTO will kill you. Unfortunately, I suspect that the folks that do not even read the manual bother to look at the sticker of the guy twisted like a pretzel around the PTO.
Exactly - just look at the number of injuries on push and riding mowers, let alone tractors.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
My only complaint? The whole damn tractor is plastered with warning stickers.

You are maybe missing one sticker that needs to be added ....lol

Tractor Sticker.JPG

They are available on ebay and fit in very well with all those other danger stickers.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

haveissues

Equipment
LX2610
Sep 13, 2013
northeast
My only complaint? The whole damn tractor is plastered with warning stickers.

You are maybe missing one sticker that needs to be added ....lol

View attachment 47160

They are available on ebay and fit in very well with all those other danger stickers.
That is good. There are so many stickers on the tractor that I doubt anyone would notice if I added another.

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
I'm guessing that every sticker is on there because at some point in time some *genius* did exactly what the sticker says not to do..

Except the ones that say California.. those are just b.s and I pulled them off my l2501..

Love the stay away from my teactor sticker..

I recently watched a video if a veteran that got a new l2501 and right off the truck he went brush hogging.. and when he engaged the pto, without useing the clutch it went grindddd cuurrrr bang pop! Then the pto started spinning.. i was like ahhh!!!! I eagerly committed there is a big sticker by the pto lever that says fully engaged the clutch peddle before moving the pto lever..

guess they need to make that sticker bigger

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
My father's log splitter has an excellent safety sticker, can't see it online. A picture of a guy with all his fingers chopped off. Nice and clear. :)

haveissues

Equipment
LX2610
Sep 13, 2013
northeast
Good to hear! Mine is still waiting delivery - I got the backhoe and QA loader too - waiting on installation of the 3rd function valve for the grapple. I am jumping up from a BX.
You are going to be very pleased coming from a BX! I was actually going to buy a b2650 but they couldn't get one with r14 tires. I ended up getting the lx fresh from the factory and I'm glad I did.

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
The lawyers made them put on all those stickers. And yeah, sometimes the graphics are kinda funny.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
The lawyers made them put on all those stickers. And yeah, sometimes the graphics are kinda funny.
Actually it is the jurors who have caused this.

I spent 20 minutes with a hair dryer removing the warning stickers. I left the instructional ones on.

Reactions: 1 user

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin

I spent 20 minutes with a hair dryer removing the warning stickers. I left the instructional ones on.
I did the same. There were some that had so many words and fine print they were useless anyways.

cleans up nice when you get rid of them.

bob219

Equipment
Kubota LX2610
Aug 12, 2020
Smithville, MO
You are going to be very pleased coming from a BX! I was actually going to buy a b2650 but they couldn't get one with r14 tires. I ended up getting the lx fresh from the factory and I'm glad I did.
Yes, I am getting impatient on that valve install. And the picture of your son operating the backhoe gives me hope I can teach the new son-in -law to use it :) we just had chain saw lessons earlier in the summer.

haveissues

Equipment
LX2610
Sep 13, 2013
northeast
Yes, I am getting impatient on that valve install. And the picture of your son operating the backhoe gives me hope I can teach the new son-in -law to use it :) we just had chain saw lessons earlier in the summer.
Man, my son is 5 and pretty much has it down. I hope your son-in-law is trainable.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

I had a 90 minute ride to the dealer to pick mine up. I am not sure how, but when I got home all the stickers were gone. It must have been the wind on the long ride home :rolleyes:?