Well this was unexpected

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
So this morning I head out with the best of intentions of getting a couple button down sport shirts. I dont wear them often but my other one seem to have shrunk! I went to 4 Department stores, including Sams. Nada, nope nein, nie, het ni'hea no way... SO tomorrow I guess I will broaden my search to 30 miles out,, maybe but I doubt it,,,, #Thanks Joe

Reactions: 2 users

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
So this morning I head out with the best of intentions of getting a couple button down sport shirts. I dont wear them often but my other one seem to have shrunk! I went to 4 Department stores, including Sams. Nada, nope nein, nie, het ni'hea no way... SO tomorrow I guess I will broaden my search to 30 miles out,, maybe but I doubt it,,,, #Thanks Joe
Good luck finding anything. Try LL bean online good shirts and they fit us rounder type fellows. I have a closet full since I retired.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I found something similar with Tee shirts.

At first I blamed myself, for the fact that the new tee shirts I bought seem to be shrinking. But then I pulled out an old but little used XL tee shirt, and it is the same physical size as the new 2XL tee shirts I bought, since the XL size I used to buy were now tight as far as current XL size goes...

Conclusion: Blame is partly on me, but mostly on the manufacturers. Seems like for men, making things smaller adds some macho marketing value when men have to buy larger sizes, whereas, for women, putting smaller designations on the same size clothing adds marketing value...LOL

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Skeets - - I buy my pants from Tractor Supply...the pants I wear everyday, to work, home, etc.

My bride gave me a gift card last Christmas.

My normal TSC has squat for pants....been getting them there for years.

Been getting my pellets from a brand new TSC. Same distance as normal one. Have better stuff all-around.

Yesterday, got another ton of pellets, and 3 pairs of bitches using her gift card..

I won't have to go to work tomorrow bare-assed.... 😳

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Skeets - -

Yesterday, got another ton of pellets, and 3 pairs of bitches using her gift card..

Wow! Three pairs of bitches! One pair would be more than I could deal with at my age! LOL!

Reactions: 2 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Skeets, it might be the time of year. They take all the light weight stuff off the racks about July and start putting out the Fleece lined stuff because we're all supposed to plan ahead. Try finding a warm coat in January.

My TSC has stopped carrying the kind of jeans I liked.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I might have hit TS tomorrow and RK, as I reallllllllllly hate going to the malls. And no sheepfarmer the shelves were bare for my size ( XXL T ), but if a fella was 5'6" and weighed in about 130 pounds there was plenty to pick from. I mean the holidays are coming and I dont want to go out in my Carhart's someplace nice,,ya know what I mean

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Skeets - - I buy my pants from Tractor Supply...the pants I wear everyday, to work, home, etc.

My bride gave me a gift card last Christmas.

My normal TSC has squat for pants....been getting them there for years.

Been getting my pellets from a brand new TSC. Same distance as normal one. Have better stuff all-around.

Does the wife know what you bought with that gift card?

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
The shirts you desire are probably on a boat anchored off-port.