well its now project , well lost count but its my L225 refurb.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
well its now project number, well lost count but its my L225 refurb.

Well started another project, not sure how many this is, or how many are still " in progress" to be honest but the L225 seemed like it needed doing sooner than later.
Anyway, my little old L225 " 2wd" as is this evening after the tool box was opened and let loose on it.
It is a pretty sound piece of kit with very little to do mechanically as it runs really well, only really a good service needed.
body work need a bit of attention , nothing major as it was a cab version but i dont have the roof high in the garage so i cut the cab off leaving the base section, this will be all sorted out to work as it should.
plenty of painting and dent pulling.

i think i will find a few odd things along the way but will put some pics up as i go.

rgds
rob

Attachments

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
A short update on the L225 refurbishment guys.
Making good progress with the main tractor and parts, chassis and aux parts are now all checked over as is the chassis ,engine and rear end.
it took a while to get it cleaned and prepped , but got there in the end and all resprayed and parts refitted, as good as new, well nearly that is.
Still a way to go with the body work and a few issues with the front wheels to address, otherwise progressing nicely.:)

As this was a cab version i will be retaining the wheel arches/footplate sections from it but nothing else as i cant get a cab version in the garage due to low door height:eek:

any a few pics inc some of the bonnet which needs some tlc still as i managed to reshape the end that was bashed in, but after blasting i'll get the filler on it to finish it of properly.

rgds
rob

Attachments

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
few more pics inc some of the wheel arhes which have some totally rusted out section, i started cutting them out and will replace with identical sections cut from the roof uprights i kept back.
boonet dent, now only a bad dent instead of a bashed in section.

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Looks good! How did you get the engine so clean?

What ever happened with the SSt tractor?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
DUDE,, you done this kind of stuff before aint ya?
It looks really good rob, very good indeed

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Rob -

Looks great!!

Folks on this side of the pond often apply that kind of talent on say.....'67-69 Chevy Camaro. I prefer red over black w/black striping by the way...RS/SS a big plus.

Seriously, looks great thus far. Look forward to your progress!

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Great refurb in the works! I admire your patience as well as your skill!

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Well this project is almost at an end for the time being, all refurbed and painted, a few new parts replaced but thats about it for the most part.
Front wheel repair worked out great, as did the fender repairs.
I need to sort a new seat as original was a bin job:eek: , and still need to source the decals from somewhere.
I am going to have a go at service dept Vic's steering well renovation method aswell this week, that's going to be interesting, i'll probably set fire the darn thing:eek:;)
It runs really nicely and these D1100a engines have so much torque, well pleased with it, the build quality is excellent allmost over engineered to be honest, looks like it will tackle any task without issues.:cool::)
I am planning an upgrade to the hydraulics shortly so as to facilitate hyd top link and extra remote ports.

All in a very worthy purchase and rebuild project for me, i know it will get used to its fullest potential now. For a 38 year old machine it runs like a new machine.:D
I could have probably spent more time on it to make it 100% , but then i wouldnt use it in case i got dirty or something else connected to working.;)

pics attached.

still havent found out what the spring does, but expect all will become clear soon on this front;)
rob

Attachments

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Rob,

I did not remember this weekend to look at the spring situation even though I was working on the tractor.

I ordered all of the stickers/labels/nameplates for my L185F from the dealer.

You should be able to do the same over there? If not, let me know and I can order/ship over to you. The total cost was pretty high (150 to 200 USD) and some of them were duplicates.

I have posted (poor) pictures of most of them here
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/album.php?albumid=184

so you can look at them to see which ones you are interested in. I think you can see all the part numbers. I can take better pictures if you need, I have not used the decals yet.

Battered Sav

Equipment
L2000DT (L225DT) Tiller, Slasher, Finishing mower, Ripper, grader/ripper, PHD.
Oct 1, 2012
Melbourne Australia
Great work Rob, looks like a new one. :)

still havent found out what the spring does, but expect all will become clear soon on this front;)
rob
If you have a look at page 77 in the parts manual I think it shows that spring.

Attachments