Weight of a B7100 ROPs?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Anybody know the weight of a B7100 ROPs kit?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Don’t know exactly but my L185 ROPS was about too heavy to pick up in two pieces so I would say total of 150 to 200 pounds. They are difficult to handle due to shape/size/weight combination so be careful. Two people can handle it fairly easily.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The B7100 Rops was a bit heavy, I would guess at 125-150 lbs - as Russel said, size and shape makes it a bear - I placed one on my B7100 and I had it tied to the truss above, a little pull and a tug and I could get it to stand more or less in place until I had a bolt or two in place.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Another forum discussed this and the consensus was near 200lbs for the ROPs kit.
The reason I'm trying to find out this weight & the weight of my FEL is that I spoke to a guy who got pulled over for no lights on his trailer. (he forgot to plug them in)
He was hauling a tractor and was asked the weight of the tractor and each of the implements.
He knew the weight of the tractor, but not the implements. He was given a ticket, but not for the lights, or being overloaded, but for not knowing the weights of the implements. (and therefore the total weight)
Just trying to be proactive & have a cheat sheet to carry with me when I haul the tractor.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Another forum discussed this and the consensus was near 200lbs for the ROPs kit.
The reason I'm trying to find out this weight & the weight of my FEL is that I spoke to a guy who got pulled over for no lights on his trailer. (he forgot to plug them in)
He was hauling a tractor and was asked the weight of the tractor and each of the implements.
He knew the weight of the tractor, but not the implements. He was given a ticket, but not for the lights, or being overloaded, but for not knowing the weights of the implements. (and therefore the total weight)
Just trying to be proactive & have a cheat sheet to carry with me when I haul the tractor.
thats crazy.. if you gave the cop a number, how does he go about verifying if you’re telling him the exact Number?

not sure how it works where you are, but there is a recycling place near me and they have a scale. If I really wanted (or needed} I could put everything on my trailer and go weigh it.