Water pump leak

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
My m100 is leaking between the water pump and engine block. I’ve replaced the seal between the 2. Any tips or tricks to get this thing to seal properly ? Thanks

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
Not sure what I’m doing wrong
I don't have one of those tractors, but in the absence of anyone else offering suggestions I would attempt to troubleshoot by asking myself some questions:
1. When did it start leaking... or what might have caused the original leak? As in did it start after someone did something to the water pump or the block in that area?
2. Did you follow the workshop manual instructions when you have worked on the engine? If not what did you do differently?
3. What was the condition of the sealing surfaces.
4. Photo/s of the leak could help.

Reactions: 1 user

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
So I’ve checked the water line hoses for the oil cooler and all the water pump hoses . I’ve also pulled the water pump and changed the seal on the back side. I’m still getting coolant dripping in these areas . See picture . I don’t see any leaks from the head. Help

Attachments

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
So I’ve checked the water line hoses for the oil cooler and all the water pump hoses . I’ve also pulled the water pump and changed the seal on the back side. I’m still getting coolant dripping in these areas . See picture . I don’t see any leaks from the head. Help
Sorry you've had no progress. Answering the 4 questions above would help me, maybe others. No. 4 is asking for a photo of the leak, not roughly where it is on a new engine. So does that mean that you don't know where the fluid is actually emerging from? Until you discover that, I don't think I can be of any futher. Good luck, I hope others can help you.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Up on the front of the head there is a freeze plug that could be leaking
It could be a freeze plug in the block.
It could be the thermostat housing.
It could be the water pump itself, look under the bottom of the center section to see if there is a leak at the weep hole.