Water in trans case B6000DT

poconoguy17

Equipment
Kubota B6000E & Kubota B6000DT w/Loader
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
I posted a few days ago about two B6000's I purchased in this thread. Today I greased all the fittings on both , cleaned the air filter bowls of sludge and did a hydro flush on the B219 Loader. It was pretty decent aside from clogged screen and old ATF in it.

Then I took a look at the trans case... mustard yellow.

Trans.jpg

So I guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow. Any concerns or advice on it? Is there a screen in there as well that is serviceable?

Manual says 80 gear Oil but I have seen people mention UDT in there now, any suggestions?

Thank you!

03marauderman

Equipment
Kubota BX 23S
Sep 27, 2018
Plattekill
You had 32 views & no replies...I'm no expert but what I would do is a flush...Drain, change filter if it has one, clean the screen if it has one.....fill it with the cheapest oil you can find, run it a bit, drain, & refill with the fluid as recommended in the manual....I don't think you can do any more harm than already happened, if it did....I did a service on a "B" model with an HST that the cap was missing for years & the fluid looked much like yours.....I changed the fluid & filter, filled it back up with the recommended fluid, sent it on its way, & never heard a word about it....I think you'll be OK.......Good Luck......

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Does your loader tractor have a separate pump and reservoir for the loader?

If not then what exactly did you do with the "hydro flush?"

Kubota's manuals recommend the change to UDT which is different advice from when the tractor was built.

Dave

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Does your loader tractor have a separate pump and reservoir for the loader?

If not then what exactly did you do with the "hydro flush?"

Kubota's manuals recommend the change to UDT which is different advice from when the tractor was built.

Dave
The loader has a separate reservoir that is the right vertical upright of the frame. I pulled the low pressure hose, took off the breather and screen and took out the drain plug and screen. Cleaned the screen and put it together and refilled with fresh hydro oil. Ran it for a few minutes cycling the new fluid and drained again. 2nd drain was slightly pink with ATF still , but close enough so refilled and it operates great now.

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
You had 32 views & no replies...I'm no expert but what I would do is a flush...Drain, change filter if it has one, clean the screen if it has one.....fill it with the cheapest oil you can find, run it a bit, drain, & refill with the fluid as recommended in the manual....I don't think you can do any more harm than already happened, if it did....I did a service on a "B" model with an HST that the cap was missing for years & the fluid looked much like yours.....I changed the fluid & filter, filled it back up with the recommended fluid, sent it on its way, & never heard a word about it....I think you'll be OK.......Good Luck......
Going to NAPA and picking up 10 gallons of gear oil for both machines trans, 4x4 front diff , and 5 gals of 10w30 for the engine oil change shortly to get these both cleaned up lol

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
My real question at this point is should i use gear oil in the trans or hydrualic fluid / udt ? I have read both and am unsure. The Loader has two hydro remotes coming off the trans for implements I think so I would think UDT would be better??

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My real question at this point is should i use gear oil in the trans or hydrualic fluid / udt ? I have read both and am unsure. The Loader has two hydro remotes coming off the trans for implements I think so I would think UDT would be better??
I am confused by your statement "Loader has two hydro remotes coming off the trans for implements."

Previously you said the loader was its own hydraulic system with separate pump and reservoir.

Dave

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
I am confused by your statement "Loader has two hydro remotes coming off the trans for implements."

Previously you said the loader was its own hydraulic system with separate pump and reservoir.

Dave

I meant the machine *with* the loader has two remote hydraulic quick connects on the right rear fender.

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
Are there any gear levers on top of the transmission? Is so is there a boot on it to keep water out?

Reactions: 1 user

nocash247

Equipment
B7200
Jul 13, 2020
RI
Are there any gear levers on top of the transmission? Is so is there a boot on it to keep water out?
^^^ This is how I got water in mine. Boot is cheaper than the fluid so it doesn't happen again. I bought 5 gal of Universal Tractor Fluid and 5 gal of Utility Tractor Fluid (Utility fluid is cheaper). I plan on changing the fluid 3 times. 3 gallons per change. Starting with the cheaper Utility fluid to run it through until warm and immediately changes it again with the remaining cheaper fluid and a gallon of the universal, run that for a few days to a week then the 3rd change with just Universal. I'll check and change it once more before the winter.

Reactions: 1 users

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
^^^ This is how I got water in mine. Boot is cheaper than the fluid so it doesn't happen again. I bought 5 gal of Universal Tractor Fluid and 5 gal of Utility Tractor Fluid (Utility fluid is cheaper). I plan on changing the fluid 3 times. 3 gallons per change. Starting with the cheaper Utility fluid to run it through until warm and immediately changes it again with the remaining cheaper fluid and a gallon of the universal, run that for a few days to a week then the 3rd change with just Universal. I'll check and change it once more before the winter.
Confirmed the boot had a tear in it on the backside. ordered two from Messicks. In the meantime I drained the trans....

IMG_0925.jpg

Looked like a newborns diaper. Took 6 gallons of Gear oil to fully flush it from all drain ports before it was clear. Topped it off with UDT and now moving on replacing radiator and belts for FEL and fan.

nocash247

Equipment
B7200
Jul 13, 2020
RI
Confirmed the boot had a tear in it on the backside. ordered two from Messicks. In the meantime I drained the trans....

View attachment 46301

Looked like a newborns diaper. Took 6 gallons of Gear oil to fully flush it from all drain ports before it was clear. Topped it off with UDT and now moving on replacing radiator and belts for FEL and fan.
Just got my order from Messicks today. Changed my filter, replaced my boot, and my fuel filter too. Shipped quick. Noticed a change in my hydraulics performance right away.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user