New To Me B6000E & B6000D w/Loader

poconoguy17

Equipment
Kubota B6000E & Kubota B6000DT w/Loader
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Hello all! Picked up a pair of machines today and had a few questions I hope I might get some help with.

Tractor 1:
B6000E
Mid Mount Mower 48"? I think. Kubota K44 - Thank You TSmith2670
3 point hitch

Condition is I would say great for an original tractor of this age.
Starts right up every time, smooth idle at all RPMs.
Clutch and trans tight and smooth.
PTO operates as it should.

Aside from replacing fuel/oil/air filters, changing the oil ...... Anything else I should service? The tires on the rear are 235/75/r15 truck tires that need to be replaced... Going mowing down a slightly damp hill had my first Holy #$&^ moment and slid diagonally , pretty sure it because I hit the left brake only and locked it up and nearly crapped myself! Any reccomedations on cheap rears for mowing lawn? Turf tires or a cheap car tire? Its a 2wd so I dont think I have the same issues as a 4wd for ratios right?

Tractor 2:
B6000DT
Kubota Loader unsure of model B-219 Thank you Lil Foot!

Condition..... It has several.... LOL This tractor I bought just for the loader but it does run and start right up also. Clutch Trans/PTO seems fine as well. The 4wd engagement level is seized so there is that issue to look into. It is in 4wd and my main use for it is to mulch, push snow , attach my 3pt log splitter or brush hog to it for "dirty work". It needs a LOT of love, the petina is umnnnn vintage alright haha. The loader will need new hoses and one cylinder re-packed it leaks a bit. The AG tires are cracking and 2 rims are cracked considering welding them , adding tubes if they dont already have them and seeing if it holds up. The goal is to use it and fix things as they inevitably fail. Worst case it can be a donor machine for the other . As I mentioned above it also will be used for mulch , small loads of dirt and stone to repair my gravel driveway via loader , york rake and log splitter on the 3pt.

Same idea on filters and oil for this one and see if the 4wd selector is just rusted or *worse* lol

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

And Some of the homely sister that badly needs a rebuild. Again... I think I am better off investing on rebuilding the FEL and transplanting it onto the B6000E as the B6000DT has soooooo many issues that ( 2 cracked rims, leaking everywhere and will need gaskets and hoses from rooter to tooter). This way I have 1 machine w/FEL that is in great shape and affords me the winter to rebuild the B6000DT. Thoughts?

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Don't know anything about B6000 tractors, but the loader appears to be a B219.
I say appears because it looks like there is an extra crossmember on the loader frame, right in front of the radiator, down low. And either your tractor is a lot smaller than a B7100, or that bucket is wider than normal, although the design looks like a a standard bucket, which is 42" wide.
The location for the nomenclature plate is on the inside of the left upright, down low. Mine was heavily painted over. Some appear to be missing altogether.
Some pics for comparison:
IMG_0255.jpg
IMG_0165.jpg
IMG_0155 4.11.45 PM.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
I say appears because it looks like there is an extra crossmember on the loader frame, right in front of the radiator, down low. And either your tractor is a lot smaller than a B7100, or that bucket is wider than normal, although the design looks like a a standard bucket, which is 42" wide.
The location for the nomenclature plate is on the inside of the left upright, down low. Mine was heavily painted over. Some appear to be missing altogether.
Some pics for comparison:
View attachment 45864 View attachment 45865 View attachment 45866
Thank you for that! I think you are correct, I will verify in the morning and now know what seals / rebuild kit to get. The 7100 seems to be 4" wider.

EDIT: I measured the bucket's interior width, 48" so that is why.

Just picked it up today but I may rebuild the loader as it squeals like a banshee and has little down pressure, can't pick the front up.

Last edited:

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Would anyone be able to identify the mower deck? The blades are pretty beat up and I would like to replace them but all the markings seem to be worn off to all hell.

IMG_0857.jpg
IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg
IMG_0860.jpg

Last edited:

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Before welding any rim remove the tire.

Google pyrolysis to understand why.

Daave
Thank you. Yes, I had no bright ideas of welding a rim with a mounted , inflated tire lol. Not a chemist (or a professional welder for that matter) but heating rubber and/or a tube by a few hundred degrees in hot spots was not something I would consider LOL

TSmith2670

Equipment
BX2670, B6000
Dec 28, 2015
Hummelstown, Pa.
You would be better off keeping the mower on the 6000E and using the 6000DT for the loader. You can not use the mower with the loader attached. By the way the mower is a Kubota K44. With a little work both will be up and running in no time. Messick's has most of the parts needed.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
For tire replacement on your nice 2 wheel drive, I'd find a couple of deep lugged 15" tires of off a pickup, or new.

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
You would be better off keeping the mower on the 6000E and using the 6000DT for the loader. You can not use the mower with the loader attached. By the way the mower is a Kubota K44. With a little work both will be up and running in no time. Messick's has most of the parts needed.
The 4WD for the loader is a def nice feature. If she can hold it together long enough maybe I'll deal with the rebuilding the loader on it first and work my way around to all the other issues. Didn't realize the mower wouldnt work w/Loader attached so that is a solid point, thank you.

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
For tire replacement on your nice 2 wheel drive, I'd find a couple of deep lugged 15" tires of off a pickup, or new.

Any suggestions for mowing? My property is *very* hilly 10-40% grades and some area's drop 30 ft in elevation of 30ft in distance .... def mowing up and down not side ways lol

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The best thing for those grades would be to get the 4x4 tractor operating to do the mowing. Or some goats! 😁 😁

TSmith2670

Equipment
BX2670, B6000
Dec 28, 2015
Hummelstown, Pa.
Here is a couple of pictures
IMG_0476.jpg
IMG_0475.jpg
of my 6000DT. I have a belly mower but they are a pain. I have Woods RM48 but I have a reverser for the PTO. By the way the PTO turns counterclock wise on B6000. Woods did make a RM48 for the counter clockwise PTO. I saw one on Craigslist several months ago. You are somewhat close to me and if I remember it was up your way. By the way, get the operating manual and the parts list. They are avaliable online to download. Feel free to ask questions. I had a B6000 since at least 1977. I would go with turf tires on grass. I use mine in a swampy field. Millers in Ohio has them.

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Here is a couple of pictures View attachment 45881 View attachment 45882 of my 6000DT. I have a belly mower but they are a pain. I have Woods RM48 but I have a reverser for the PTO. By the way the PTO turns counterclock wise on B6000. Woods did make a RM48 for the counter clockwise PTO. I saw one on Craigslist several months ago. You are somewhat close to me and if I remember it was up your way. By the way, get the operating manual and the parts list. They are avaliable online to download. Feel free to ask questions. I had a B6000 since at least 1977. I would go with turf tires on grass. I use mine in a swampy field. Millers in Ohio has them.
Thanks for the pics and advice. Yeah the CCW pto and spline are a pain in my butt but I knew that going in. I have access to implements from a bx25 that need to be adapted, 3pt log splitter w/hydro, and brush hog and a york rake that needs no adaptation.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
has little down pressure, can't pick the front up.
Never seen a B219 that would lift the front end with down pressure, but it should lift it with the curl function.

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
After looking at the options available for the B219 , mine has the OEM : B273 - 48" MATERIAL BUCKET (see attachment) . Tomorrows afternoon plans are to try and degrease the entire machine and find sources of leaks, oil change, hydro fluid flush. manuals say to use an ATF or 10W30Motor Oil and since I have no idea what is in it already ... full flush it is. I can't imagine (based on what i read) modern hydro fluid would damage anything, worst case the existing cylinder leak will be worse LOL? next week I will order rebuild kits for all hydro cylinders and new hoses (but not new tubing). Thoughts?

Any suggestions on how to clean all the oil, dirt etc off the engine , valve covers, pumps, trans? I don't want to pressure wash and force water where it doesn't belong or compress (internally) ? I would like it clean so I can see which hoses, gaskets, seals are having issues to plan the rebuild.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I can't imagine (based on what i read) modern hydro fluid would damage anything, worst case the existing cylinder leak will be worse LOL?
Mine had what appeared to be ATF in it when I got it. I talked to the hydraulic experts at work and they said to flush it a couple times with any modern, quality hydraulic fluid. They said seals would last longer, get better lubrication, and resist corrosion better with a modern hydraulic fluid. I used Napa's Kubota approved conventional fluid. Don't forget the screen where the suction hose connects to the right hand upright- that big hex fitting is the screen. This is what I use, FEL, backhoe, and tractor:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Also, if yours is anything like mine, the bottom of the tank (right upright) below the screen fitting will probably be full of dirt, leaves, sticks, etc. Kind of a pain to clean out, but worth it IMHO.

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Also, if yours is anything like mine, the bottom of the tank (right upright) below the screen fitting will probably be full of dirt, leaves, sticks, etc. Kind of a pain to clean out, but worth it IMHO.
Thank you so much for your help/advice and saving me the *pain* of lessons learned the hard way via your experience. I haven't been this excited over new toy projects in a while. My background is in construction/backhoes/cars and a semi-dangerous mechanic that knows enough to not kill myself and get things done lol. I am almost afraid at the cost of rebuilding the full FEL but think it will be worth it in the long run.

Based on my property I really need to figure out a ROPS solution for both. It is sketchy just mowing the lawn and the B600DT on the driveway with snow on switchbacks and ice is a terrifying thought w/o seatbelt/ROPS and even manual stabilizers bolted to the subframe.

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Greased all fittings on both tractors today and did a hydro flush on the loader. EDIT: Also degreased the loader machine engine of years of neglect (no pressure washer!, degreaser and paintbrush). Wants to have it dry and clean to see if/where/which seals and gaskets may need service. The fluid was atf and look pretty good, screen was goobered up pretty well though, and got as much of the "bits" out of the bottom of the reservoir. Ran 2 full fills of hydro through the loader and flushed them and re-filled the final fill with std walmart farm/equip hydro . No more screeching / squeeling and operation is smooth and fluid! I am willing to drain once more if anyone feels a better quality fluid would be better, but given they call for ATF in the 1977 manual, I guess its already better?

Tested with a large rock I had in the woods, guessing >350lbs because i couldn't budge it no matter what I tried. Loader pivoted back in the bucket , lifted and drove back over some rough-ish terrain w/o issue (power steering would be awesome though lol). Once I was on level ground turned the bucket back and had no issue at all lifting to max elevation. Really impressed with this little old machine. She may not be a looker but she sure can cook lmao. Think I may do a full restoration over the winter on it .

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg
IMG_0889.jpg