Washed my "new" B7100 and now won't start??

tiger9297

Equipment
B7100HST-D w/ Bush Hog FEL
Jun 28, 2009
Tupelo, MS
Changed the oil, oil filter, and fuel filter. Then cranked the tractor and drove it out of my shop for a MUCH needed pressure washing. (I just bought the tractor a few days ago.) After I washed it, I tried to crank it and it sputtered a few times but would never run. Could I have gotten something wet that's keeping it from starting? I pressure wash my other B7100 all the time, and have never had this problem. Any help is much appreciated. Tks.

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
My guess is you pressure washed the linkage to the fuel pump so it isn't letting fuel in. I guess you could have got water in the fuel line, but I doubt if there was a place in the line downstream of the pump that would let water in, it wouldn't hold fuel pressure. So any water ingress would have to happen from the tank to the pump. There is nothing electrical, other than the starter, that would interfere with starting your tractor. All you need in your little tractor is fuel and compression to get that thing running.

grandv8

Equipment
b7100d
May 15, 2010
Utah
did you bleed the fuel system after you changed the filter ? You could have introduced air into the fuel system try bleeding it off as the manual suggests and try it.....

misterb

Equipment
L 35 TLB
Mar 22, 2010
Powassan, Ontario
Check the air filter, a soaked air filter (element) will stop the air flow.

good luck and best regards all my gentle colleagues in orange!
db