Was pretty amazed by Puma snowblower

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
There was about 8 inches of heavy wet snow this AM and it even started raining. I tried using my 2 stage Ariens walk behind blower on a concrete pad close to the house but it was absolutely useless in this snow.

Didn't know if the Pronovost Puma 3 point blower would work to clear the driveway but it had no problem blasting the wet snow off the driveway. I think the 28" fan helped. Hardly had to use the front blade at all. :)

Last edited:

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
Great to hear your Puma snowblower worked well for you.
Couldn,t help but notice the Shelby you got parked in your garage as well. Please tell me all about it.
Have always loved those cars. Is it a real one, or a tribute ? What motor ? How long have you owned it ? Would love to see a bunch more pics of it.:)

RichM752

Equipment
L47TLB
Feb 28, 2017
Mount Shasta CA
Too funny. First reply and they're asking about the Mustang. Glad you got to use the blower. Same wet stuff here, only a little less. I pushed a bunch yesterday with the blade. I made a few piles, and backed my Puma into them. It was hardly an effort to distribute the wet slushy stuff.

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Great to hear your Puma snowblower worked well for you.
Couldn,t help but notice the Shelby you got parked in your garage as well. Please tell me all about it.
Have always loved those cars. Is it a real one, or a tribute ? What motor ? How long have you owned it ? Would love to see a bunch more pics of it.:)

427 Shelby cobra ?

adventure bob

Equipment
l6060
Nov 6, 2013
Colorado Springs
Nice snow rig. I have a 850 TRC on mine and love it. We got a bunch of wet heavy snow that just plugs up every other snowblower. With the TRC you crank the directional away from the chute and there's nothing to clog up. You get the added distance of snow coming straight off the impeller vice traveling through a chute. Thy make great snowblowers very solid compared to most of the other stuff I looked at.
So what am I missing? All I see is the pic of the tractor. No cars...

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Afret, looks like the only thing you have missing is a cab! I just bought chains for the front of my L3560HSTC and have a front blade and rear blade, thinking about a blower next year.

Attachments

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Nice snow rig. I have a 850 TRC on mine and love it. We got a bunch of wet heavy snow that just plugs up every other snowblower. With the TRC you crank the directional away from the chute and there's nothing to clog up. You get the added distance of snow coming straight off the impeller vice traveling through a chute. Thy make great snowblowers very solid compared to most of the other stuff I looked at.
So what am I missing? All I see is the pic of the tractor. No cars...
Wow! That's one of the top of the line Pronovosts. I saw videos of it throwing snow really far. I'm glad I went through the trouble of getting the Puma even though there don't seem to be too many dealers in the West.

I got rid of the photo with the tail end of the car in it. Probably not good to have car photos in a Kubota tractor forum.

Afret, looks like the only thing you have missing is a cab! I just bought chains for the front of my L3560HSTC and have a front blade and rear blade, thinking about a blower next year.
Yeah, a cab would be really nice but I didn't think it would be practical for my heavily forested lot with conifers all over the place. The front chains seem to help keep the tractor going straight with an angled front blade even in 2WD. If you get a snowblower, you might look into Pronovost blowers.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think you will find that most guys in here have been gear heads and most still are. And a classic ride will snap us old guys up like the tinkle of the ice cream mans bell to a kid. My self I love the 60s MOPARS but any classic car is a sure winner, OK I do have a thing for the E type Jags too :D

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Afret,
A member noted the missing item is a cab. I grew tired of wearing, and eating snow from my blower for the last 25 years. Simple solution was the addition of an Agrital Cab and I picked the perfect year to make that decision. It was a bit expensive but absolutly NO regrets. Single digit Fahrenheit temps, no hat, no gloves, sweatshirt and jeans, priceless.

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Afret,
A member noted the missing item is a cab. I grew tired of wearing, and eating snow from my blower for the last 25 years. Simple solution was the addition of an Agrital Cab and I picked the perfect year to make that decision. It was a bit expensive but absolutly NO regrets. Single digit Fahrenheit temps, no hat, no gloves, sweatshirt and jeans, priceless.
Thanks for the tip. I decided against a cab since I need to be able to look over the rear tires a lot due to all the trees and obstacles that I work around in the forest. This is my first season with the snowblower and I don't mind a little snow spray. Maybe if I use it long enough in windy conditions...........