Was bored so...

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
I removed the floorboards and step from my new L3301 and applied a spray on bedliner product. I don't like the scratched paint look and was looking for a more anti-slip surface.

Curious if anyone else has tried this. If so, did it prove to be very durable?

I was going to take them in to be professionally done, but couldn't get any of the places that do this to answer the phone this week.

I figure if the rattle can product doesn't last, I can always take them in to a pro later. Manufacturer says to let cure seven days before putting into service. Worst case, I'm out $25.00 and three hours of my time.

Attachments

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
I am wanting the linex product from my previous experience but have not got it done yet, I really like the look and feel this gives.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Fro65, Looks good in the pictures. Is it a rubbery product or hard coating? I have been thinking of doing something to my L3901.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I removed the floorboards and step from my new L3301 and applied a spray on bedliner product. I don't like the scratched paint look and was looking for a more anti-slip surface.

Curious if anyone else has tried this. If so, did it prove to be very durable?

I was going to take them in to be professionally done, but couldn't get any of the places that do this to answer the phone this week.

I figure if the rattle can product doesn't last, I can always take them in to a pro later. Manufacturer says to let cure seven days before putting into service. Worst case, I'm out $25.00 and three hours of my time.
Very nice !:)

What is the total cost to do it ??

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Fro65, Looks good in the pictures. Is it a rubbery product or hard coating? I have been thinking of doing something to my L3901.
I used a product called Bed Armor. I tested it on a piece of sheet metal last week and it is now cured to kind of a harder rubbery surface. It flexes with the sheet metal. It is definitely not as hard of surface as the Line-X that is in my truck bed. But, I really like the feel and texture of it. I just don't know how well it will do long term.

As I said, for $25.00 and a few hours of my time, figured I may as well try it. If it holds up well, I'll be tickled to death:D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I covered the pedals in a roll on product a while back, two years and its pretty much all gone- pretty much daily use and it could have used a heavier coat. I plan on doing the floorboard of my tractor.