Warranty FOREVER....

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
So I have seen ads for Chevrolet dealer in Western Washington state that offers a forever warranty on all drive components ie: engine, transmission, axle and transfer cases. All you have to prove is that the of the maintenance has been done. Has anyone heard of offers like this?

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
So I have seen ads for Chevrolet dealer in Western Washington state that offers a forever warranty on all drive components ie: engine, transmission, axle and transfer cases. All you have to prove is that the of the maintenance has been done. Has anyone heard of offers like this?
I have in Maine. I know someone that got a truck and had it for about 6 years before they had a problem with the transmission. The dealership had done all the maintenance on it. They tried to have it done under warranty. Little did they know that every year the dealership reorganized under a new corp but kept the same name and people. No such thing as a legitimate "forever warranty" that I have ever found.

My father got bit the same way by a forever warranty from a body shop.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A local GM dealer had something like that back in the mid 70's one of the Ladys that worked in the office had a late model 70's Gran Prix, her hubby bought the life time warranty, oil changes grease, drive line rust through,, the whole 9 yards, if it broke it was covered,, the dealer ship was after her for years to BUY A NEW CAR, she knew what she had and kept it, and they stood behind it ,,she retired and I don't know what became of her or the car, but it was one sweet ride just like brand new

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hello my friend,

there is no such thing like "free" or "forever" in business. :eek:

I would search the internet for "car forever warranty don't want" or "... not covered". Normally the contract has such exceptions that the company has always a way to get out...
Local dealers may act different because their reputation stikes to the local people.

Just buy an old truck and use it as a tool. More fun, don't car about scratches and parts are cheap. My old 2000 Jeep Cherokee cost nearly nothing except fuel...:cool: A new car would loose yearly much more value as my Jeep need for spareparts!

But if you are crazy about cars as 99,9% of us, maybe you just buy what you like and make a story up to yourself, that the price and costs are reasonable... ;)

Have fun

carl

mike-o

Equipment
BX25D, 60" MMM, Land Pride 48"Box Blade
Jul 27, 2013
SW PA
The only LEGITIMATE lifetime warranty that I am aware of is the lifetime service contracts that are offered by Chrysler on their vehicles. These are NOT the standard warranty, that is 3/36 bumper to bumper, 5/100 powertrain. They are service contracts offered and backed by Chrysler on new and some Certified used vehicles. Yes you must prove maintenance if requested, that has a lot to do with the type of failure. Not inexpensive, but a good option if you put on a lot of miles, or jsut keep vehicles forever.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
We have a huge car dealer over our way that offers "Guaranteed for Life'' Engine, Transmission, Tires, oil changes, and state inspections for life. My guess is they offer such crazy deals so you'll buy a new car and the dealer figures no body keeps a car longer then 5 years and gets a new one.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
There is a Subaru dealership in Auburn Maine that offers lifetime oil and filter changes as long as you own the car. At $30+ more for synthetic oil change that is 'kinda' a deal I think.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
WFM well at that I would do it every 3k and ask for the used stuff to dump in my old truck,,,,lol:rolleyes: