wants to stall over 2600 rpm

jayrogers

Equipment
kubota bx 2350 with front end loader
Feb 10, 2013
west greenwich, ri
my bx 2350, starts ok but as soon as i rev it over 2600, it lopes and goes down to 800 and then back up. if i keep it at 25oo rpms it runs smoothly. it is only 4 years old. I need help to define problem.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
About has to be a fuel problem. When's the last time it was serviced, fuel filter, air filter ect?

How often is it used? Does it have good fresh fuel in it? Have you tried using some conditioner to make sure it doesn't have algea or water in the fuel?

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
It sounds like a fuel delivery problem, but I am no mechanic. Have you changed your two fuel filters? Might also want to check your air filter. How many hours do you have on it?

EDIT: I see Bulldog beat me to it.

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Probably plugged fuel filters but it could be a governor spring problem. Start with the easy fix first. Drain your tank into a 5 gal bucket, make sure you've got good flow out of the hose and then inspect the tank bottom for crud. Clean the tank if necessary then change your fuel filters, refill with fresh fuel, make sure you've got good flow out of the filters and then hook everything back up and drive it for a bit to work the new fuel up through the pump and lines.

EDIT: That makes three of us!

jayrogers

Equipment
kubota bx 2350 with front end loader
Feb 10, 2013
west greenwich, ri
i use this weekly, even thru the winter. no algae and i just filled the tank with new fuel. i took off plastic filter and blew thru it and it was clear. is there a u tube or something on the bx2350 on these filter locations. i found the one on the left side of the motor. where is the second one?

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
From RayDaKub on another forum, "There are 2 filters. One up by the injector pump, the other just inline ahead of the electric pump. To get to the one ahead of the pump, pull off your mower if you have one, and crawl underneath. There is no filter up by the tank itself."