Wanted... BX Wheel Spacers

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Would the spacers for the Bx1860 be the same for a Bx1850? thanks
The BX1850 has the same size tires and wheels as the BX1860 so I would have to believe that the spacers would be the same for both tractors.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
When I was researching rear rims for my BX22, I came to the realization that all the BX series tractors use the same rim and bolt pattern. I purchased the Jeep spacers, and bought 1/2"-20 flange bolts from McMasterCarr that were 1 3/4" long. I cleaned the bolt holes first with brake cleaner, and then screwed in the bolts from the rear, until they were 1/4" from the axle flange. One at a time, I put a drop of red loctite on the threads at the head, and tightened them down. Once I had all 5 done, I torqued them to 90 ft pounds. I then installed the spacers, and used heavier nuts (used 13/16" socket that I purchased, and torqued them to 90 ft pounds. Mounted the tires & rims on the studs, and tightened them to 90 ft pounds also. The reason I used the flange bolts instead of the original Kubota bolts, was that I didn't want to loctite those bolts in incase I had to remove the spacer at a later date. With my method, should I ever want to remove the flange bolts, all I would have to do is to heat the heads, and unscrew them, and wouldn't have to go anywhere near the spacers with the heat. Right now, I can remove the wheels and spacers in less than 5 minutes using my impact gun and wheel skate.

PS.. While researching the rims, I came across a Kubota wheel spacer, part number
SPACER, REAR TIRE
The part fits the 2 models listed below:
BX22D
BX23D

Last edited: