Waiting for my LX2610 Backhoe

MidwestGuy

Equipment
LX2610 EA55
Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
As previous stated, I ordered a LX2610 with a Backhoe, an it's been 6 weeks,
Tractor is sitting their, just waiting on the BH77 Sub frame and Backhoe so I can complete the paperwork.
This seems to be an issue across the board as I have contacted a couple of other dealerships.
Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks Group.
Bob M

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Bought tractor 6-30-2020 backhoe showed up around 1-15-2021. At dealership now getting installed.

Reactions: 1 users

TX Chris

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400, BH92, RTV900, ZD326
Dec 14, 2020
Rowlett, TX
How far away is the dealership?

I had the same issue with my MX5400 / BH92. I brought the MX home a few months ago and took it back last week so they could mount the BH92. No point in the tractor sitting there just waiting on the BH to show up.

firgus

Equipment
L3901HST
Dec 22, 2019
Central Texas
I sent a quote request for a tractor package to several dealers. All of them stated that the BH77 backhoe was back-ordered until at least July. I am hoping they mean July 2021.

MidwestGuy

Equipment
LX2610 EA55
Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
TX Chris
I'm going with the 0% financing, so he can't complete my paperwork.

I was also told Kubota won't give a date of when it will get sent, and the weather here has been perfect!

Bob M

TX Chris

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 14, 2020
Rowlett, TX
I'm no salesman, but I'd guess it's because he doesn't have serial numbers or anything for the BH you'll receive in the future. Mine was a little different in that the dealership had the BH92 in stok, but not the hydraulic thumb and quick attach coupler. So they had to order those and wait for them before they could finish the BH. But I was still able to finish the paperwork and take the tractor home.

Bummer that you have to wait.

MidwestGuy

Equipment
LX2610 EA55
Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Good News dealer called and Kubota confirmed my parts will be here within 2 weeks.
But! my 12" bucket is not available, and he doesn't know when it will get here.
Dealer is also a rental yard/store and he said I can use one of the 16" from the rental fleet, or he will sell me one for a really good price if I want it, if it's in great shape with only paint missing I can live with that.
Thanks, Bob M

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
The Kubota dealership had to do 2 contracts at the zero percent, one is the tractor, the other is the back hoe(and other goodies). I didn't have an issue with that except they did 2 hard credit checks.

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Good News dealer called and Kubota confirmed my parts will be here within 2 weeks.
Dealer is also a rental yard/store and he said I can use one of the 16" from the rental fleet, or he will sell me one for a really good price if I want it, if it's in great shape with only paint missing I can live with that.
Thanks, Bob M
What your use for the back hoe? I have the BH77 and have the 16” bucket, wouldn’t want to go smaller for most tasks.

And Ive seen on here people can’t take delivery until everything is in, when I bought the backhoe (added after I already had tractor) I did 2yr 0% thru Kubota and I signed the loan papers before they even ordered it. Almost made the first payment before I picked up the back hoe.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Thanks, Bob M
Agree with fordtechs statement. You'll WANT the 16" bucket. I wouldn't get the 12" as a first bucket. So, take them up on that offer.

MidwestGuy

Equipment
LX2610 EA55
Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
You know I really didn't give it much thought, I was thinking 12" for my mailbox resetting, posts for my shed lean too, french drain, I'm sure the 16" is fine.

Also I asked if I could take the tractor before the backhoe and he said he needed the serial numbers, not a big deal, I have light at the end of the tunnel.
Bob M

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Snag an owners manual and WSM and do a little light reading to pass the time. We can point you to those links if needed.

Congrats on your new machine. Hope you like it as much as I do.

TX Chris

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 14, 2020
Rowlett, TX
Get the 16" bucket from Kubota. If you decide you want a smaller bucket, order a 6" trenching bucket from BXpanded. If you REALLY want to treat yourself, get the quick coupler from BXpanded as well. Change buckets in seconds...

coboco

Equipment
l2501
Mar 26, 2021
ky
I started looking for a backhoe in January 2021 and had to dig a bit to find a BH77. Most of the local dealers told me they'd have to order it and expect it by April of 2021 (which after reading this thread sounds like that may not have even happened) but I wasn't wanting to wait that long. One dealer even ran credit anticipating another dealer would transfer it but they declined and he also told me he'd have to order it and would not tell me the dealer that he was trying to source from.

Ended up getting a nice salesman at another dealer that looked up inventory of other dealers and found one about an hour away that showed one so he gave me their contact info. They did have the hoe, but no subframe/install kit. So around Feb 5 2021 I took the tractor there because the sales guy said it would be 1 week turn-around, he ran credit but ended up taking until March 15 because they were apparently shorted some parts in the kit, so he actually had to run it again since 30 days went by! So 3 credit runs and over a month later finally in my garage and glad I got it.

He told me during the wait that there were 3 other people trying to get that hoe. I was getting frustrated waiting but seems like it's the common theme on backhoes now apparently.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
What your use for the back hoe? I have the BH77 and have the 16” bucket, wouldn’t want to go smaller for most tasks.

And I've seen on here people can’t take delivery until everything is in, when I bought the backhoe (added after I already had tractor) I did 2yr 0% thru Kubota and I signed the loan papers before they even ordered it. Almost made the first payment before I picked up the back hoe.
Really have no use for it. Do have to replace one pole in the pole shed, but, really it is something I have always wanted to play with. Will come in handy when the cat dies.😢😢 Now thinking about if I can also finance the front K-connect blade and brush. Can justify the blade(Mule 2510 has blade, but, no cab(heat and radio). Ideally this will be the last tractor I buy(Same thoughts about my old BX2370), but, found myself looking at the RTV1100. Choices and other choices(2021 Chevrolet Silverado High Country with the 3.0 diesel((already own a 2016 Colorado 2.8 Duramax)) or buy another Bolt EV(Totaled after 63 days of ownership(((((F@#King deer)))))((((((Colorado already has got 5 deer))))))))))🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 I before I get flamed for hitting deer, 3 were into the side of the truck and one only broke the headlight mounts(the other deployed the seat belt retractors)

astora

Equipment
LX2610, LA535, BH77
Mar 26, 2021
Astor, FL
Snag an owners manual and WSM and do a little light reading to pass the time. We can point you to those links if needed.

Congrats on your new machine. Hope you like it as much as I do.
I ordered the LX2610 and it has now been three weeks and the dealer still will not provide me with an estimated delivery date for the BH77. In the meantime I called Kubota customer support and they emailed the owner's manual for the tractor, LA535 and BH77 but I was told the WSM pdf files were too big to email. Is there a download site where I can find the WSMs to provide me with some light reading while I wait?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I ordered the LX2610 and it has now been three weeks and the dealer still will not provide me with an estimated delivery date for the BH77. In the meantime I called Kubota customer support and they emailed the owner's manual for the tractor, LA535 and BH77 but I was told the WSM pdf files were too big to email. Is there a download site where I can find the WSMs to provide me with some light reading while I wait?
If it's not listed here it's likely not anywhere on the web for free. Good luck! http://www.kubotabooks.com/

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I was going to get a BH77 as well. The dealership was going to deliver the tractor without it (and did) and do a separate contract at the same finance rates 0-0-60 for the hoe. Had no idea when the subframe would be available, and Kubota wouldn't lock in a date. So I bought the tractor without it, and they said they'd come and get the tractor when the subframe finally came in, and deliver it back to me, no charge. That's a pretty good deal. But, the more I used my tractor around here, the more I realized a BH77 would have a finite use cycle for me, and I'd wind up with a very expensive piece of equipment sitting in a corner collecting dust and dry-rotting. The BH77 is nearly $10K and I had no way to justify spending that kind of money for it other than some stumps that I could get out earlier if I had it. Termites and wood rot will get a stump eventually, for free. As wet as it is here, a stump won't last long.

So, no, your situation is NOT unique. The LX has enough design changes in the frame and assembly that the B series sub frames do not fit. So if someone tells you that your LX is a just a B, they're wrong. You're not going to be able to go out and grab a B subframe and bolt it up to your tractor. But I'm sure you already know this by now. You might be able to get your dealer to do the same deal mine offered. Go ahead and get the tractor now, and get the hoe when the subframe comes. At the very least, the dealer/Kubota should agree that it's the right thing for them to do to pick up and deliver the tractor for the installation, or comp the installation for the inconvenience of you having to transport the tractor. That way, at least you'll have the LX to play with until your hoe comes in.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
(((((F@#King deer)))))((((((Colorado already has got 5 deer))))))))))🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 I before I get flamed for hitting deer, 3 were into the side of the truck and one only broke the headlight mounts(the other deployed the seat belt retractors)
I feel your pain on the deer.

I had a brand spankin' new 2008 Chevy Impala for about 3 weeks before a big ol' flop-eared doe decided to run over me. It's sister barely made it and was why I was braking when the second less-lucky deer slammed into the left front quarter panel and wheel, which broke the upper control arm and wheel speed sensor on the left front as well. The transmission and ABS were very unhappy about this. My door was caved in nearly 6 inches because the car had spun her around and slammed her into the door. If you've never been hit by an air-bag, count yourself lucky. The side impact curtains and belt retractors deployed and nearly took my head off while a boa constrictor was trying to kill me. I think the side curtain is what pitched the deer back out of the car. I remember seeing an ear and a hoof peripherally to my left (I was still watching the first deer to my right) and then my ears were ringing and my neck hurt and the dashboard was lit up with a Christmas tree. I was still going 50+ mph with no engine, no steering, and one good shot left at the brakes . The deer had come through my window and stripped my left hand off the steering wheel. I thought my wrist was broken, but only sprained. I was wearing shorts, and most of the shattered window was headed for my nether regions in small bits. Fortunately, tempered glass, ergo, no shards. The rear view mirror on the door didn't exist anymore. Just wires where it used to be. My glasses frame had cut me behind my left ear from the wallop from the airbag. I don't think Mike Tyson could have hit me much harder. Only the side curtains deployed, not the steering wheel (thankfully) or passenger bags. The seat belt was crushing my chest and all I wanted was off that road and out of that car. I managed to one-handed muscle the Impala between two oncoming cars about a half mile apart with no steering assist and get to a large driveway on the left where I locked down the parking brake to stop the car. The Impala had graciously automatically turned on the flashers at least. Then I called the Troopers with *HP to get an ambulance on the way just in case I was hurt worse than I thought I was. I knew I was bleeding, but had no idea how bad because I was covered in blood. Good thing I wasn't bleeding any worse than I was. I was sitting on the boundary between two different Trooper districts and the local PoPo were all snuggled up in their beds at that hour. Both Troopers came 'looking for me' and both also stopped about a mile short (in their respective jurisdictions) of where I was sitting. The car was already on the roll-back (that our fleet administrator had called) when the Troopers finally decided whose jurisdiction I was actually in (after the second call and me giving the dispatcher my GPS coordinates) and finally showed up. The roll-back had been waiting with me for nearly 30 minutes after getting to me in less than 15, and my wife had arrived shortly after the roll-back to take me to the emergency room for examination. I looked like I'd been in a knife fight with blood all over me (some of it was the deer's), my left wrist and hand were about the size of a football, and blood was still dripping from my left ear lobe. My wife was freaking out because of all the blood, but the last thing I needed that night was being charged for a prank call to the Troopers. I had made 6 phone calls before someone finally showed up. If the company had taken the optional FREE 6 month OnStar subscription, the impact that shut the car down would have automatically triggered a call for help. Cars automatically calling for help generally draw a good response. Good thing it wasn't an emergency, huh? We don't need no steenkin' OnStar! $7500 damage down the left side of the car. The one good thing that happened was that I got out of working a maintenance outage in a papermill the following week because I was suddenly car-less and injured (minor). Seems an air-bag deployment was an automatic 48 hour trauma restriction for HES, too. Maybe they know something they're not telling us.