Vaccination opinions wanted...

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
This is ABSOLUTELY not a question related to whether someone should get a vaccination or not.

This question is simply asking for opinions from those who decided to get vaccinated to begin with.

Free choice, no opinion to be voiced here.

Simply a question as to how those that decided to get vaccinated against the corona virus might think about a 4th dose.

AGAIN, IF YOU DECIDED NOT TO GET VACCINATED, GOOD FOR YOU, BUT THAT HAS NO BEARING ON THIS QUESTION.

PLEASE READ THE ABOVE SENTENCE AGAIN.

So I was thinking since we are "elderly" it might be wise to get a forth shot, even if we had to lie about being immune compromised, or even saying that we never got a shot before but now think it is time.

But after letting things settle in my mind, I am thinking that it might be best to just wait until things are approved for 4th doses.

Reason is, we were some of the first to get the initial shots, so we were also first to get the booster shots. But now, we are also the first to lose protection after the booster.

So I am thinking it might be best to wait a while and get the forth shot then if it is approved, or to lie and get what we want anyway if approval is not given by the fall.

Not even sure if lying would work anyway, but I would try it I guess...

What do you guys think that are in the same boat.

Again, if you believe that vaccinations are worthless (edit: OR dangerous), PLEASE leave this thread alone. That is not the question, and the intent is not to debate that issue.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I did cause my lungs suck, allergies asemia and a touch of black lung, so yeah I did it for me, also I couldnt get into the GWN with out them. Not that I plan on going after the last couple weeks

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Do as you see fit for your situation. My wife got a vaccination March 31 of last year. She told me she'd never get another covid vac. Wish she'd have not gotten the first one. She been sick since about 5 days after the vac. Blisters on her entire body, lost most of her hair. Been to dermatologist, rheumatologist at two different hospitals and was at the ophthalmologist today. They have very little clue of what's going on except her immune system went into overdrive, and they're trying to calm it down. They say she's now allergic to sun and have to stay out of it or wear clothes to cover herself.

She use to go to the fitness center three times a week and walk two miles each of the other two days. She had no health problem of any kind prior to this.

She told me a few weeks ago insurance had spent over $33,000 last year on this problem.

I didn't say their worthless, This one cost over 33K and it's still going on!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I got my shot of the J&J shot. A few months later I got COVID. Since then I have been around several that later tested positive, but I myself haven't got sick again.

So, I have opted to wait on any boosters. It appears that studies are starting to show natural immunity from recovering from COVID is just as good/better than the vaccine.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Do as you see fit for your situation. My wife got a vaccination March 31 of last year. She told me she'd never get another covid vac. Wish she'd have not gotten the first one. She been sick since about 5 days after the vac. Blisters on her entire body, lost most of her hair. Been to dermatologist, rheumatologist at two different hospitals and was at the ophthalmologist today. They have very little clue of what's going on except her immune system went into overdrive, and they're trying to calm it down. They say she's now allergic to sun and have to stay out of it or wear clothes to cover herself.

She use to go to the fitness center three times a week and walk two miles each of the other two days. She had no health problem of any kind prior to this.

She told me a few weeks ago insurance had spent over $33,000 last year on this problem.

We talked privately previously. I understand. I had some minor issue that could have been related to the vaccination, but decided to get the booster.

We will still get the booster one way or the other, or not at all maybe, who knows as time passes. But everyone's case is different, and concerns are different.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
It will depend on the infection/death rate for my county at that time. If rate is too high for my liking I will get the 4th.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I got my shot of the J&J shot. A few months later I got COVID. Since then I have been around several that later tested positive, but I myself haven't got sick again.

So, I have opted to wait on any boosters. It appears that studies are starting to show natural immunity from recovering from COVID is just as good/better than the vaccine.
Seems wise, The only thing I would ask if it were me, is how can getting a booster hurt?

Myself, I would probably get the booster, just in case. BUT I have no idea if it would increase protection. But it is often a painless procedure, but not always. So one takes his chances.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
It will depend on the infection/death rate for my county at that time. If rate is too high for my liking I will get the 4th.
I hear ya. But keep thinking that if a booster decreases my chances of getting sick/hospitalized even a bit, I probably should do it. Kinda like buying a lottery ticket. No chance to win if you do not buy...chances to win are only greater than zero if you do buy...LOL

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Seems wise, The only thing I would ask if it were me, is how can getting a booster hurt?

Myself, I would probably get the booster, just in case. BUT I have no idea if it would increase protection. But it is often a painless procedure, but not always. So one takes his chances.
The reason I'm cautious is my daughter at a young age experienced acute ITP due to an overactive immune system. As such, I try to balance the risk verses reward. If I have adequate protection based on current studies, then I will wait. If something changes in the studies, then I will reconsider.

My guess, the COVID shot will be added to the annual flu type booster shot, but we need the studies to show this and not just getting a jab to get a jab.

If the science comes out to support an annual shot, similar to the flu, then I will be getting it. If the studies show that like the shingles shot, you get two and then you are good to go for the rest of your life, then I'm okay with that.

Yet, I want to give science a little time to make sure that we are doing the correct approach. Like many things with science, sometimes treatments have to change as knowledge grows.

Reactions: 4 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Your doctor can test to see where your antibodies are at before getting the shot. You may not need it.

I'm already on an immuno suppressant for an over active immune system. Will be on it the rest of my life.

My doctor determined when I got the vaccine, and which vaccination to take. He will determine when and if I need to get the booster as well.

My wife will not be getting the booster. The second shot kicked off the mother of all migraines in her.

Knocked her down sicker the the dickens for 3 days wishing someone would shoot her and put her out of her misery. Was another 3 or 4 days before she really started to feel better.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Len, have they discussed an immuno suppressant?

I will tell you this, insurance will cry uncle over an immuno suppressant. My first months dosage was $45,000. $30,000 the next 2 months, and is currently $15,000 each month for the past couple years.

But you can sign up for copay assistance through the medications website. They will provide the medication for $25 a month.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When she had her antibodies tested at the rheumatologist it was 5,126. The nurse said she was jealous since hers was under 500. When she was at the Dr. last week to schedule a colonoscopy the Dr. there, after hearing her medical history, said "Someone with covid could cough directly in your face and you wouldn't get it."

She had a colonoscopy 15 months ago, but they want to make sure things are still Ok.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
NONE of the shots 'protect' you from getting 'it', rather they lessen the symptoms and chances of needing to stay in hospital. I've had my 3, stay away from crowds. though after 2 years I finally have someone 'in my circle' that has had 'it'. I'm in the 'high risk ' group... 68, lung problems(NOT cancer/smoking),so reasonably careful about 'contact'.
what's interesting was the SuperBowl...65K and 3-4 masks, Daytona500... no masks...

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I wouldn't take the fourth until it's recommended. I think that they're already erring on the side of caution/profitability.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
This is ABSOLUTELY not a question related to whether someone should get a vaccination or not.

This question is simply asking for opinions from those who decided to get vaccinated to begin with.

Simply a question as to how those that decided to get vaccinated against the corona virus might think about a 4th dose.

AGAIN, IF YOU DECIDED NOT TO GET VACCINATED, GOOD FOR YOU, BUT THAT HAS NO BEARING ON THIS QUESTION.

So I was thinking since we are "elderly" it might be wise to get a forth shot, even if we had to lie about being immune compromised, or even saying that we never got a shot before but now think it is time.

But after letting things settle in my mind, I am thinking that it might be best to just wait until things are approved for 4th doses.

Reason is, we were some of the first to get the initial shots, so we were also first to get the booster shots. But now, we are also the first to lose protection after the booster.

So I am thinking it might be best to wait a while and get the forth shot then if it is approved, or to lie and get what we want anyway if approval is not given by the fall.

Again, if you believe that vaccinations are worthless (edit: OR dangerous), PLEASE leave this thread alone. That is not the question, and the intent is not to debate that issue.
No different than the annual flu shot I get every year.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa

I would consult my doctor Henro. This site is comprised of Kubota tractor enthusiasts. Your personal medical history and circumstances dictate your course of action.

Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
We talked privately previously. I understand. I had some minor issue that could have been related to the vaccination, but decided to get the booster.

We will still get the booster one way or the other, or not at all maybe, who knows as time passes. But everyone's case is different, and concerns are different.
I am 81, and have had 3 shots.
Where does it stop?
I have heard that Domino's is offering a free large 3 topping pizza after the 8th shot. ;)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

I got my first two shots (Pfizer) and booster. If they permit a 4th vaccination, I will get it. I get vaccinated for anything I can: tetanus, shingles, flu, pneumonia, and Covid. Vaccinations work and I hate being sick. I have to wonder about the thought process of people who vaccinate their dogs, horses, and livestock every year on schedule, but won’t vaccinate themselves.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I am 81, and have had 3 shots.
Where does it stop?
I have heard that Domino's is offering a free large 3 topping pizza after the 8th shot. ;)
It will end up like the the flu, with annual vaccinations.

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
I'm pretty good with wrenches and a voltmeter.
Not great at molecular biology.

We've had 3 shots.
I'm thinking we will get a covid/flu shot every Fall now.