Utv, Kei Truck or Other

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
another thing I hate about the defender. The throttle is way too sensitive. I didn't see a drive mode selector, I looked but maybe not close enough. Ranger has it in the center of the dash, easy to get at and easy to select. "Work" mode really reduces how sensitive the throttle is. "standard" mode is just that, more sensitive but not "too" sensitive. "sport" mode it's touchy and you get about a 40% power increase.

I kinda wish my General had the drive mode switch. Hmm...I wonder...if it can be added? I'm gonna have to dig into the software in the ecu and see if it's in it. If it is, it's just a matter of adding a few wires and a switch in the dash. it's not terribly oversensitive but in technical, rocky, hilly areas you certainly need to be mindful.

Yeah I do like the can-am engine. Real quiet until you get into the throttle. Downside? 2 cylinder heads, 2 cylinders, chains, etc. A little more complex at repair time. Sorta along the same lines as the Kawaski Teryx 800. I haven't had to get into a can-am engine (yet) but I'm sure it's coming. We JUST started dealing with them at work.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
another thing I hate about the defender. The throttle is way too sensitive. I didn't see a drive mode selector, I looked but maybe not close enough.
My defender has this. Eco normal and work mode. Not hard to see and Not something I had to add. Maybe since you JUST start working on them you should take better notes or at least find out if what your trash talking them about is true or not.
Just another biased post.

Attachments

Last edited: