Used B2020 front blade & subframe don't fit my B6200

Equipment
B6200 D HST
Aug 16, 2021
Keene NH
I bought a used Kubota 60" 2020 front blade & 20(xx) (2021??) subframe to fit "B series Kubota tractors". The equipment came at a decent price & is in good condition, but yesterday I found they don't fit my B6200. Today I found in my B6200 Kubota Operator's Manual that my tractor is limited to a 48" front blade & a subframe is required, but no Kubota part numbers are listed. Where might I find a list of what Kubota implement part numbers will fit what subframe & what Kubota tractors, or specifically my B6200 D HST?

I want to find a used 48" (or 54"?) front blade & subframe for light grading & plowing snow with my B6200. I'm considering an attempt to make major alterations to the existing subframe so the 60" 2020 blade might mount to my tractor, but then the blade might be too heavy &/or too wide, the blade might extend too far forward, & the subframe would then not fit a tractor the blade was designed for.

Now, or maybe after I find a blade & subframe that fit, I'll have to sell or trade the used items that don't fit my tractor.

No blame is intended here. I took a chance when I bought this used equipment. Now I'm just trying to find a solution to achieve my goal.

All replies are always appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I personally would just alter what you have, The B6200 will handle a light weight 60" blade if the snow is not too heavy.
Dirt work, you would be better off with a rear blade.

Here is a listing for the right setup.

Equipment
B6200 D HST
Aug 16, 2021
Keene NH
Thanks for your input Wolfman: My 2020 blade with mounting frame (not including sub-frame) may be heavier at ~300 pounds. It's made for bulldozing &/or plowing, has an attached riser plate making the top edge of the plow blade 5" higher, & the plow frame (not sub-frame) is longer than on the 2030 blade photo you shared. I tried to buy that exact unit from the same ad several times but never got any answers. It was probably already sold. I'd like to know Kubota's part numbers for that sub-frame, & for the extra piece that holds the top of the vertical lifting piston to the tractor frame. (Not pictured in the photo?)

Is the swivel point between the plow frame & the sub-frame supposed to be below or behind the front axle? If I position that swivel point behind the front axle the blade is then ~2' forward of the nose of the tractor frame, & the vertical lifting piston is also ~6" forward of the tractor's frame. Fabricating a point to hold the top of that piston in a vertical or slanted position leaves that extra weight extended further in front of the tractor, adding to the weight factor. I have lots of pictures of all this but haven't figured out how to email them to myself so I can attach them to this email. I can text the photos but need a phone number for that.

I also refurbished the 3 point hitch on my tractor so I can hopefully use a 5' rear blade for plowing snow in both forward & rearward directions. At this point I expect that's all I be able to do this winter since it will probably take me months to complete a front blade plow system.

Equipment
B6200 D HST
Aug 16, 2021
Keene NH
Where might I find a list of what Kubota implement part numbers will fit what subframe & what Kubota tractors? The used Kubota 2020 dozer/plow blade & sub-frame I bought does not fit my B6200 tractor.

Reactions: 1 user