use of clutch

ihfr

Equipment
b3300su w/loader & backhoe
Jun 27, 2014
Barrington, IL
Hello, I have a new B3300SU which I've been enjoying and have a question regarding the use of the clutch. With a front loader and backhoe attached, the only time I find it necessary to use is when shifting between the H M L ranges. With this in mind- is there a benefit (or need) to shift into N - other than obvious safety reasons now and then. I'm not wearing anything out/causing damage by keeping it in gear while stationary w/the clutch disengaged (pedal not pushed in)?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Nope no need to use neutral unless you need it. and about the only situation I see that being a need is dead and towing it in to fix it. ;)
And the other use for the clutch pedal is if you needed to control the PTO.

navspecwar

Equipment
B3300HST FEL, ATH72 Finish Mower, 5ft KKRear Blade,Piranha TB
Oct 5, 2013
Marion, Illinois
Your gonna love your 3300. I have 200 hours on mine and its been amazing for me. Take good care of her and she will do the same for you for years to come!

ihfr

Equipment
b3300su w/loader & backhoe
Jun 27, 2014
Barrington, IL
Thanks. I suspected that to be the case. However, with the owner's manual cautioning (I believe a few times) not to ride the clutch- made me wonder. So I guess this transmission (PTO aside) is sort of in between a [car] manual transmission- where you have to engage the clutch when you stop- and an automatic transmission. HST?