upgrading a L4060 Limited

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Don't forget the PTO switch under the seat. That is not installed either.

I just got a call from my dealer, the loader arrived today, it is at another location and due to the ice storms in the area will probably be transferred later this week. Maybe Friday, maybe Monday, but I am finally getting my new tractor next week! 👏

Reactions: 1 user

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Awesome, i did the under the seat switch too. Forgot to list. Messicks helped figure out part number. There is a cap in the plug from the factory. Took me a second to figure that out. Lol....very easy to install !!
Im glad your getting your Tractor and loader soon !! Took 4 hours for the loader install on mine.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio

I just got a call from my dealer, the loader arrived today, it is at another location and due to the ice storms in the area will probably be transferred later this week. Maybe Friday, maybe Monday, but I am finally getting my new tractor next week! 👏
I got my rear light kit installed today. Switches go in the pillar. Note when you fish those plugs out the blue is for the rear, White is the Front. Waiting on Pigtail to finish the Led install on the front.
The Rear kit L8333 has everything including the rear switch. very good value at 146.00 bucks.
20220223_160513.jpg
20220223_160526.jpg

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I plan to install some LED's I already have, so just need the brackets. I will know more when I finally get the tractor next week. I have a set that will go by the front amber lights by the loader frame, and once I get the brackets, I can check to see if the ones I have on my B2410 will fit and order a couple more pairs of those. They are extremely bright and well focused. I made a light bar to mount them on that have a pair pointing forward and one backwards, and lights up the entire back so I can hitch at night if needed.

If you look up the individual parts, the lamp alone for 1 is $107 from Messicks, but the kit from elsewhere is $146. I may get the kit just to have everything and go from there.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I haven't seen mine yet, but does yours have the telescopic lower link ends? A comparison chart shows they do, but have not been able to confirm. I think the stabilizers are turnbuckles on the LE, but not sure on that either.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Yes, mine are the telescoping i was suprised and i bought that rear kit for 146 from Messicks. Same exact lights as standard frints for 107 bucks each. Kinda strange plus the switch which is the same as well except it has a R on it.
Kit has the light Stays as well. Trust me i thought about putting on the front. But i want led Crees out there as the loader hides the headlights most of time.

bigcummins03

Equipment
L4060 Limited Edition
Feb 23, 2022
Tennessee
I haven't seen mine yet, but does yours have the telescopic lower link ends? A comparison chart shows they do, but have not been able to confirm. I think the stabilizers are turnbuckles on the LE, but not sure on that either.
Here you go. Mines a limited too.

EED57089-DDD9-400C-A86B-E231F97AC076.jpeg

bigcummins03

Equipment
L4060 Limited Edition
Feb 23, 2022
Tennessee
See
Nice!!!! I just happened in to mine but the base price savings versus adding the items back is still a good deal. I cant wait to do more with mine.
Yeah same happened to me too. We had a deposit waiting for an MX for far too long. Was in town and decided to swing by the dealership and sure enough they had this in the lot. Some of the things missing didn’t bother me like the mirrors in the woods don’t have to worry about them. Lights I can’t wait to add for sure. I do wish they had a limited in a larger size for the turbo lol. But the savings base price is well worth it. Got third function and waiting on the rear valves to arrive for them to install.

IDKUBOTA

Equipment
L3800DT/FEL/BH77 and others
Dec 16, 2012
Latah County, ID
I gotcha. Maybe ocd a little to. Was thinking if out somewhere on my proprty and ned to get in or reach in would be nice to have. Instead of grabbing wrong thing. Not teally to enter and exit.
Love the tractor, already moved a lot of dirt and logs from trees that fell over the winter.
Thanks for the response!!
I have the right side grab handle for my l3800. I find it useful when going down some of our steep hills and I hold onto it and the steering wheel. To many items on the right side to enter the open platform from the right.

bigcummins03

Equipment
L4060 Limited Edition
Feb 23, 2022
Tennessee
Don’t know why everyone saying it’s so hard to use the right side. With the control lever next to the seat I find plenty of room. Can’t wait to add the grab handle and step to that side. Even without them it’s not that bad and I’m crippled lol.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Great, I will know for sure on Saturday when I go to look at it, but thats encouraging that I wont need to spend more to get a really handy feature.

What will take some getting used to for me is going from the loader attached joystick, to the fender one. Going back and forth between them will be like me going between my F150 and F350, one has console shift, the other column shift and I find myself doing the hand float because I am looking for the shifter that isn't there.

bigcummins03

Equipment
L4060 Limited Edition
Feb 23, 2022
Tennessee
Great, I will know for sure on Saturday when I go to look at it, but thats encouraging that I wont need to spend more to get a really handy feature.

What will take some getting used to for me is going from the loader attached joystick, to the fender one. Going back and forth between them will be like me going between my F150 and F350, one has console shift, the other column shift and I find myself doing the hand float because I am looking for the shifter that isn't there.
it won’t be hard or take long lol. It’s so damn comfortable and ergonomic. That and with this new cab having increased room makes it very easy roomy and easy getting in and out of the right side too.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I will still be using the other tractor though, so will be in the same situation going back and forth, laughing at myself every time. I get in my F350 and go to shift, reaching for the console shifter that isn't there, then go to drive the F150 and reach for the column shifter that isn't there. Happens every time, I just SMH each time.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I will still be using the other tractor though, so will be in the same situation going back and forth, laughing at myself every time. I get in my F350 and go to shift, reaching for the console shifter that isn't there, then go to drive the F150 and reach for the column shifter that isn't there. Happens every time, I just SMH each time.
I understand that. I just retired but had 40+ years of overhead cranes, lift rucks, then 5 vehicles here plus tractors. I do That ALOT !! grabbing for nothing in wrong vehicle. I love this Kubota, my first.
F350's are awesome my buddy has a dually SuperDuty. I tell him I have truck Envy.....

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I have the right side grab handle for my l3800. I find it useful when going down some of our steep hills and I hold onto it and the steering wheel. To many items on the right side to enter the open platform from the right.
Kubota: HANDLE, Part # T4365-71110
That is the correct part number if you want that handle. I agree, with the step and this handle I can get in easily. Really aided in removing outer roof to get the wiring harness out for the front lights. Only thing I had to watch was the hydro pedal on the floor.
Took me a minute to figure this out, got a huge handle first go around. Price is 45.82 Messicks. If you paste that and search you will see our models listed.

Thanks for your input and I am glad to talk to other Limited Owners. My wife shakes her head at me over this tractor.... I have 5 acres but a shit load of trees(can see in rear light pics). Tired horsing around up and down the hill to my pond as well without 4x4 impossible. Used my Polaris for way more than it was intended for. Great investment to save my back and other equipment.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio

No code has to be inserted here.
That is that obscure part number. It's the switch that allows the seat to be flipped up and PTO can run. Screws already there in the bracket that holds the existing connector. Plug and play. Took some research to find the part number. Dealers kept listing the normal seat switch.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
That is that obscure part number. It's the switch that allows the seat to be flipped up and PTO can run. Screws already there in the bracket that holds the existing connector. Plug and play. Took some research to find the part number. Dealers kept listing the normal seat switch.
TD170-47920