upgrading a L4060 Limited

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Hello, I just bought a new L4060HSTC Limited Tractor. I realized Limited meant missing things but it was all anyone had in my area with a loader on the lot. Trying to find part number or a grab handle for the right side. Have the Mirrors, front work lights and cruise switch done. I like the idea of being able to access each side but can not find this grab. Ordered over the phone with Messicks, part they sent is for a much larger cab. Very strange.

Im new to Kubota, but got tred of fixing my old Ford 3400.
Any help would be appreciated !!!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I can't help directly with right side grab handle, but suggest you live with your new tractor for a bit before trying too hard to find one. With the loader valve control where it is, you'd have to be pretty darn agile to get onto platform or into cab from right side. I couldn't possibly, and I am relatively small.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I can't help directly with right side grab handle, but suggest you live with your new tractor for a bit before trying too hard to find one. With the loader valve control where it is, you'd have to be pretty darn agile to get onto platform or into cab from right side. I couldn't possibly, and I am relatively small.
I gotcha. Maybe ocd a little to. Was thinking if out somewhere on my proprty and ned to get in or reach in would be nice to have. Instead of grabbing wrong thing. Not teally to enter and exit.
Love the tractor, already moved a lot of dirt and logs from trees that fell over the winter.
Thanks for the response!!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hello, I just bought a new L4060HSTC Limited Tractor. I realized Limited meant missing things but it was all anyone had in my area with a loader on the lot. Trying to find part number or a grab handle for the right side. Have the Mirrors, front work lights and cruise switch done. I like the idea of being able to access each side but can not find this grab. Ordered over the phone with Messicks, part they sent is for a much larger cab. Very strange.

You got tired of fixing your old Ford 3400?
I sold my 3400 TLB (gas) with 1850 hours, three years ago, and I often miss it.
Replaced the 3400 with a 2006 251 hour Kubota L48 TLB, but the 3400 was a great machine for me.
A $23K difference!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I gotcha. Maybe ocd a little to. Was thinking if out somewhere on my proprty and ned to get in or reach in would be nice to have. Instead of grabbing wrong thing. Not teally to enter and exit.
Love the tractor, already moved a lot of dirt and logs from trees that fell over the winter.
Thanks for the response!!
My L48 TLB also has the right grab bar missing, but I have a 3 remote valve system mounted on that fender (previous owner), and a 3rd function lever extending aft from the loader post.
A right side grab bar in my situation would be useless.
There is simply not sufficient space for me to mount/dismount from the right side.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Yeah, mine had so many hydraulic leaks. Then the Holley Carb gave me fits. I gave to a good friend who has the time to tinker. When i need to do something i always wound up ti kering for 2 hours to get it going. Had vumes of service manuals and lots of new parts. My friend will trwat it right. I love this Kubota. I also had the 3 cyl gas 3400. Well i still have it, wIting on spring to have him come get it.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
You got tired of fixing your old Ford 3400?
I sold my 3400 TLB (gas) with 1850 hours, three years ago, and I often miss it.
Replaced the 3400 with a 2006 251 hour Kubota L48 TLB, but the 3400 was a great machine for me.
A $23K difference!

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Yeah, I paid 42000.00 for my new Kubota. But....with my landscape I needed 4 wheel drive and that HP and the loader. I may not NED the grab to actually enter the cab but I dont want to grab and break things if I need to adjust the PTO height or whatever the 50 dollar handle is worth it.

Justasquid

Equipment
L4240HSTC
Nov 2, 2020
Michigan

Did you buy from a dealer? If so, I’d say call them and ask them for part numbers or perhaps order the parts through them. I’m a little surprised they didn’t offer to help set it up the way you wanted.

You should be able to log into the messicks website and look at their parts Fische and find the part numbers you need. I would think as long you looked up the non limited version, you would be able to find what you need. In order to log into their parts Fische, you will have to enter your email. That’s it. Then you can log into it whenever you need to find part numbers.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Did you buy from a dealer? If so, I’d say call them and ask them for part numbers or perhaps order the parts through them. I’m a little surprised they didn’t offer to help set it up the way you wanted.

You should be able to log into the messicks website and look at their parts Fische and find the part numbers you need. I would think as long you looked up the non limited version, you would be able to find what you need. In order to log into their parts Fische, you will have to enter your email. That’s it. Then you can log into it whenever you need to find part numbers.
Yeah i bought it new from a Dealer in Wellington Ohio. The sales guy just said yeah you can add that.....on anythingbi asked about like 3rd function and items missing on the limited series. Then I was told if I wanted all that to order and wait a year. I ordered mirrors still no word so i tried Messicks. They sent the wrong 1.
I did today figure it out and sent the wrong 1 back. This supply chain issue makes everything upside down. I agree about dealers but i was made to feel they were doing me a favor by even having 1 for me to buy. Thats fine, im a car guy and dida lot on my old Ford. I will get this the way inwould have ordered it. A shame the way things are right now. I appreciate everyones feed back.
BTW.....anyone use thier stationary pto much ?
I want to get a woodchipper at some point. That is another item they left off. Not sure where it even goes, the switch. Was told the harness is there.
Thanks guys !!

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Next issue, I bought front work lights, Can't find the plugs from the factory. Do I have to take the fiberglass top off the outside to find them? Not sure how to do that.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Watch this video if you have to take off roof.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Watch this video if you have to take off roof.

Thank you so MUCH !!!! the plugs i need were already through the grommet on that tractor in the video.
I was hoping I could just take out the interior screws and pop it up then get the plugs out. Just wanted to be sure. I attached the PDF I found online Hopefully its that easy.

Attachments

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
new issue, here is the plug i found. I just finished this removing the top. I bought Cree Led Lights, Plug & Play for L series online. Plugs not at all the same. Have to make a pigtail of some sort. I found the only wires with grommets under that roof. 2 others for the defog switches if added is all there were left. I did my stereo to. No issues there. Really disappointed about the Cree saying exact replacements as far as wiring. Just led upgrade.
Is this what your light plug looks like as well ? I looked as I said only saw these with the weatherproof grommets on them.

Attachments

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I think these LED work lights plug and play with the L4060HSTC I'm planning to replace my halogen with these soon.

1645535091608.png

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I think these LED work lights plug and play with the L4060HSTC I'm planning to replace my halogen with these soon.

View attachment 75524
Yeah, that looks like the correct plug. Cree had the same part number listed. I attached the pdf to my original post they even list our tractor model as compatible. KTD170-75300 I think I'm going to try to find or make a pigtail. Im sure I am not the first to be fooled. They included a plug you can wire but I am not cutting my Tractor harness. Searching Amazon and Ebay right now. I thought I was crazy though.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Hmm some of the things I have to look forward to whenever the loader for mine arrives. I'm going to deck mine out as much as possible, 3 rear remotes already installed, getting the 3rd function and QA remote kit to install myself. Already have the front light brackets and mirrors ordered and waiting with the tractor.

6 months so far, no loader.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Wich loader are you getting ? I fully understand...I got lucky snagged the LA805 when I got my tractor. I am trying to Un limit my Limited though. Only thing left off now is the cigarette type 12volt thing I would never use and the defrost glass options. Am waiting on my rear light kit still.
I was told, like you're experiencing that if I wanted these from the factory get ready to wait a year. Crazy. I guess backhoes are the same situation. I wanted 1 but now I'm just having my buddy loan me his mini when I need it.
Most of the missing stuff is easy to do. Cruise, Light switches Mirrors Step on right side and handle as well.
Roof wasnt bad after watching that video.
Good luck and I now have a lot of part numbers to share if you need them.