Unique Situation - Need Thoughts and Advice

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Problem with handguns is that they DO require shipping to be handled by a FFL dealer due to common carrier policies mimicking the USPS handgun shipping policies. I searched and was not able to find a common carrier that will accept a handgun from a non licensed individual. I could be wrong but I do not think that Taurus sending a pre-paid shipping label will make a difference.

See post #17
With all due respect, unless something has changed in the last 3+ years.
Ruger sent me a pre-paid shipping label, and I dropped off.
Several weeks later, my Ruger was returned.
No FFL, or anything else was required.

Reactions: 1 user

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I could easily be wrong and happy to learn! What carrier handled the shipping to Ruger and back to you?

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I could easily be wrong and happy to learn! What carrier handled the shipping to Ruger and back to you?
Sorry Ken....
You are asking an 83 year old to remember specifics from 3+ years ago.....?
I wish I COULD tell you,........ but even 3 weeks ago is sometimes difficult. ;)

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
OK contact Taurus they will send you a shipping label box it up and most likely UPS place, they will repair it and send it back eazy peezy, and sending one back for repair does not mean you have to send it to through a dealer. And Taurus once owned, or was part of the group, S&W so a lot of stuff you find is based on something S&W had done. I have,,errr had a 1911 and it shoots ,,,err shot everything you stuck in it from hardball to hollow points cast or jacketed, it shot a lot better than the 2 Kimbers I had. A tracker .357 I would put up against any S&W I own errr did own, and a few others that I have moved along because I wanted a new toy. At any rate, I bet they are faster getting it back to you than SIG was
From FedEx website:

Shippers with a Federal Firearm License

Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. Also, you must be an approved firearm shipper with a signed contract on file with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive.

Nonlicensee shippers

Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx.

From UPS website:

Shipments containing Firearm Products are accepted for transportation only from shippers who are federally licensed and have an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
With all due respect, unless something has changed in the last 3+ years.
Ruger sent me a pre-paid shipping label, and I dropped off.
Several weeks later, my Ruger was returned.
No FFL, or anything else was required.
Sadly it has changed.

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
All, the Taurus raffle gun saga came to an end yesterday. The dealer gave me $275 for the Taurus GX4 which could be applied to any purchase I chose to make.

My wife has been hankering for a pistol of her own and she was with me at the dealer. A very knowledgeable and patient gentleman at the store explained every detail to her on how to find a pistol that "fit like a pair of shoes'.

After handling a number of different makes and models a Springfield Hellcat, Sig Sauer P365XL and Glock (dont remeber the model). Were chosen and taken to the in store range and she was allowed to fire each a number of times.

She settled on the Sig P365XL. The dealer also gave her a weeks worth of instruction classes and a couple boxes of range ammo.

I'm quite happy with out it turned out.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dayum son, thats a dealer I would go to !

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Problem with handguns is that they DO require shipping to be handled by a FFL dealer due to common carrier policies mimicking the USPS handgun shipping policies. I searched and was not able to find a common carrier that will accept a handgun from a non licensed individual. I could be wrong but I do not think that Taurus sending a pre-paid shipping label will make a difference.

See post #17
Well that I did not know, has changed since the sig went back. Thank you for the up date

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Sorry Ken....
You are asking an 83 year old to remember specifics from 3+ years ago.....?
I wish I COULD tell you,........ but even 3 weeks ago is sometimes difficult. ;)
Where were you on Saturday when Mrs. Murphy was murdered? Will you take a lie detector test?

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Where were you on Saturday when Mrs. Murphy was murdered? Will you take a lie detector test?
"Saturday" ?????
What day was Saturday?

Of course I will take a lie detector test.
I will use the standard attorney under oath response ....
"I do not recall"

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
The best part of the whole deal is I got a happy wife out of it!!

Attachments

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The best part of the whole deal is I got a happy wife out of it!!
That is nice shooting with a brand new gun. She looks very happy, you did a great job there.

06B3030

Equipment
B3030, LA403, BH75, York Rake, Plug Aerator, 6' Rear Mower, Forks, Weight Box
Sep 21, 2015
MA
This would make a much better carry gun than the Taurus...and it's optic ready!!!
:p
Really...trade up to a SIG P365XL! Most accurate carry gun I own.

EDIT...sorry, missed the last post!!! GOOD choice!

Milwaukee pin nailer 23ga.jpg
o_O

• Haha

ehenry

Equipment
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
The gentleman helping her was great. Very knowledgeable, methodical and very patient.

The pistol she was shooting in the pic is a Sig like the one we purchased. She really liked the optic on it so I'm on getting one for hers to finish out her Christmas present.

We're planning on taking some classes together at the same business we purchased the gun from.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions on how to handle the Raffle gun recall.