Under Armor For BX-23

ncridgerunner

Equipment
BX23, finish mower, bush hog, box scraper, blade scraper, fertilizer spreader
Mar 31, 2013
Marion, NC
I called BXpanded about Under Armor for my BX-23. The owner Harry Clearman answered my call personally and told me the did not offer Under Armor for the BX-23 because he didn't have access to a BX-23 for measurements. Living about an hour from the BXpanded shop I agreed to take my tractor to his shop so he could get measurements for his CNC fabrication process.

After talking to Harry yesterday, he is now has the BX-23 Under Armor designed and ready to fabricate. (I learned my lesson about needed protection after having to replace my HST cooling fan.)

Having the opportunity to tour the shop and see the work going on was impressive and I can tell you that Harry is a down-to-earth guy who will take the time to answer questions and someone who goes above and beyond to make sure his products are high quality.

To be fully honest, I did get a discount on the Under Armor for my tractor but after seeing the quality work at the shop I ended up purchasing two other products from BXpanded.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I ordered a Piranha Tooth Bar from those guys........price was unbeatable! Service was awesome, and hell the product is made to last a lifetime. Products are well thought, and well built!

ncridgerunner

Equipment
Mar 31, 2013
Marion, NC
I ordered a Piranha Tooth Bar from those guys........price was unbeatable! Service was awesome, and hell the product is made to last a lifetime. Products are well thought, and well built!
I bought a Piranha Tooth Bar while at the shop, haven't had the chance to use it yet but the craftsmanship is impressive.

ncridgerunner

Equipment
Mar 31, 2013
Marion, NC
85Hokie...Bedford, VA. I plan to make the 4 hour drive sometime and get up there to visit the D-Day Memorial. My understanding is that it is impressive. I had 10 uncles that served in WWII and my dad served in the Supreme Allied Headquarters following Eisenhower through Europe.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would make the trip, I think you will be touched!
Take the guided tour, it is well worth the price. I moving experience for those of us that never have had the experience of a world war.

BenRich

Equipment
BX1870D w/FEL, Land Pride FDR1648 Mower, Land Pride RBO560 Scrape Blade
Before I even received my BX1870 I ordered their under armor. I found the product to be exactly what I expected; once my tractor arrived it took me only a minute to install and it has given me peace of mind ever since.

Pappy

May 13, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Well, timing is everything. When I bought my BX23 a couple of months ago, I emailed Harry and asked him if he had a belly pan to fit the BX23. He explained the same thing to me - he didn't because he didn't have access to a BX23 to get measurements. So, I bought the Bro-Tek belly pan (front and back).

I'm glad he's now adding the BX23 belly pan. It should be a well-designed and constructed item. I'd love to see pics when you get it.

ncridgerunner

Equipment
Mar 31, 2013
Marion, NC
Finally got a chance to try out my new tooth bar and could not believe the difference it makes. I could dig the hard packed red clay we have in our area much easier and quicker than before. Small trees and brush ripped easily out of the ground. Wish I had pulled the trigger on this sooner.