tyres/wheels

hampshireborn

Equipment
B7100 HST , B1502M,RK1100 rotovator, finishing mower,wessex trailer,DM topper
Hi all, As my B1502 is not very stable I was thinking of putting some turf rims 15&10 inch from my b7100 and fit them with agri tyres rather then turf tyres would anyone know what size tyres I would have to fit to these rims. the original wheels from the B1502 are 825x16 & 500x12 so something with a similar rolling radius I guess.
thank you

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Well, it's been 30 days, and you've collected 114 views but no replies. I wonder if the folks with particular knowledge (excludes me at all levels) suppose that you will read some of the threads on changing tires (or I suppose you prefer tyres?) or wheels and find the info you need.

If I understand your intention, you want to use the turf rims from your B7100, fitting them with R1 tires (tyres?), with the proper RC for your B1502. (If I've gotten it wrong (I've had to start over twice from misunderstanding the issue), please just bail out and go the the next post!) I think that if I were someone who was knowledgeable about such things, I would suggest that you take the dimensions of your wheels to m. e. MILLER tire and see what tires/tyres would fit. (I recommend them only because the name stuck in one of the holes in my memory and didn't fall out after I read posts by some of the experts on the site who recommend them. But maybe they'll send me a few hundred bucks when you buy the tires from them! :D:D:D)

You mentioned rolling radius (it is actually RC, which it has been explained, can vary enough to be important at a given radius) -- is your B1502 an E or a DT? You prolly know that on either it's important to have a good match to reduce wear, but on the DT the bad wear is on the drive, not the tires.

Hope this helps. Good luck with this project!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I too have missed this post. :confused:

You won't be able to find AG tires that will fit Turf rims, or at least not very easily.
AG rims are normal much narrower than Turf rims, also turf rims are normally much smaller.
The only way I know that you can keep the same RC is to stay with the right rim tire combination.