Two questions about an L2501

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
1/ Found this odd valve thingy while greasing underneath. Can't see anything about it in the WSM. The pin is loose and not oily. It's the only thing not painted.
What is it?

IMGP0064.JPG

2/ The new hydraulic filter is bigger than the original and gets in the way of the hose even more. i'm thinking I should re-route the hose above the 2 steel lines.
Is that a bad idea?
When I unscrew the fitting on the main block is it going to piss out fluid like crazy?

IMGP0065.JPG

Thanks

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
First one is a drain for the clutch housing.

second one that hose isn’t routed right I don’t believe. It that for a back hoe?

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Just speculating just from what I can see, that almost looks like a hose being (strangely) routed perhaps from the Kubota Rear remote outlet (PB for the sandwich under the seat) heading over to a backhoe (inlet hose of the BH). Without the BH hooked up, that connects in a loop on the back and then the BH outlet hose would head back to the Hydraulic Block.
What’s the part# of the filter you’re looking to put back on?
I know if you take that Hydraulic Filter loose, it will ‘drain the vein’—and like nobody’s business—not sure about the fitting, though.

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
Ok, so the clutch housing drain lets any oil out that got by the main seal so it doesn't contaminate the clutch material? Automatically?

The hose goes back to the rear remote valve.

IMGP0067.JPG

IMGP0068.JPG

The filter already got changed, I'm sure the original filter was shorter and the hose wasn't in the way so badly. HH3A0-88623

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Is it possible to route that hose on the top side of the filter, would also reduce the chance of it getting caught on something. Just say this because when I installed the hoe on mine the hoses run over the top of the filter

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
I know they change part #s all the time but the Hydraulic Filter I’ve been getting in recently had been HH3AO-82623
Was the old one that came off the original Gray-painted one? Seems like the part# between the original one and my first replacement went from starting with TC422- to HH3AO- —so not overly concerned there. Was the Rear Remote addition done with a Kubota kit? And is there a BH (or bones from a previous one)?

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
Yes, it's possible. Seems like it's not a bad idea to you guys.
i intend to go above the 2 steel lines and above the filter so nothing is stressed like it is now.

So is a whole bunch of fluid going to come out?
I can get an assistant to put a thumb over the hole I guess and get the hose re-routed as quickly as possible.

When the filter came off there was a waterfall of UDT. I didn't do it but I watched, I think he lost about a gallon and a half.

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
I know they change part #s all the time but the Hydraulic Filter I’ve been getting in recently had been HH3AO-82623
Was the old one that came off the original Gray-painted one? Seems like the part# between the original one and my first replacement went from starting with TC422- to HH3AO- —so not overly concerned there. Was the Rear Remote addition done with a Kubota kit? And is there a BH (or bones from a previous one)?
I got the machine new with rear remotes, I assume Kubota parts. No back hoe ever.
The filter was gray, painted at the factory. I don't have it.
Dealer came out and did the 50 hour service almost free, I'll be taking over now.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
It's best that the thingy isn't oily. If stuff comes out there it gets expensive.

With regard to the filter. Are you doing a hydraulic oil change? If not, I'd try to work around it. The vacuum cleaner trick works well if you're just doing a filter change. Suction on the fill hole makes the fluid yodel back into the machine (think 8 year-olds finishing a milk shake) :)

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
Re-routing the hose was super easy.
The hose drained of course but only a dribble came out of the block.
Now it's out of the way of the filter.

IMGP0073.JPG

Reactions: 2 users