Tweaked or Normal

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I’ve had my BX 2680 for maybe 3 weeks now And noticed when sitting down the front loader bucket it’s not even. Now it’s probably normal to be off a little but want to make sure, one side maybe a 1/2” off of my level concrete floor.. yes it’s level! I don’t remember my B7510 being uneven, am I being too picky with this tool.. I won’t mind as long as it’s kinda normal.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
First thing to do !

check tire pressures - 'specially the rears, a little off will throw the front "levelness" a bit out of whack.;)

Reactions: 3 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
First thing to do !

check tire pressures - 'specially the rears, a little off will throw the front "levelness" a bit out of whack.;)
Aw.. right! I tried checking them the other day but not for this reason, duh why didn’t I think of this!🤔 It was cold and my gauge wasn’t cooperating. Another rookie question.. if my tires are filled with the rim guard is everything as normal when checking?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Aw.. right! I tried checking them the other day but not for this reason, duh why didn’t I think of this!🤔 It was cold and my gauge wasn’t cooperating. Another rookie question.. if my tires are filled with the rim guard is everything as normal when checking?
If you have fluid in your tires, make sure your steam is at the 12 clock position and wear gloves. RimGuard won't hurt you, but it can be a little sticky.

Reactions: 1 users

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Maybe unrelated but..... My one year old BX1880 had that issue since day one with the grapple since it came with it installed. It was bad enough that if I was not on flat but also perfectly levelled concrete, I had to use a piece of 2X4 on its side under the left side of the grapple to be able to install the FEL. I complained to the dealer and they blew me off. I continued to work around it and when finally I put the bucket on the problem was still there.
I just bought a new set of larger all terrain tires recently since the R1's have destroyed my lawn. When I put them on, I noticed that the grapple was almost perfectly levelled as it touched the ground. Since I had just removed my rear R1 tires and they were standing side by side, it seemed that one was smaller than the other. I put a level on them and surely enough one was smaller by at least 1/2 inch!

Reactions: 1 user

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
If you have fluid in your tires, make sure your steam is at the 12 clock position and wear gloves. RimGuard won't hurt you, but it can be a little sticky.
I’m glad I asked! Thank you

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
it seemed that one was smaller than the other. I put a level on them and surely enough one was smaller by at least 1/2 inch!
So what was the deal? Were the tires actually different sizes, manufacturer, or one worn more than the other?

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
am I being too picky with this tool
Yeah, probably a little. 1/2 inch is nothing to worry about. Heck there is a 99% chance that when using the bucket one side of the tractor is 1, or more, inches higher or lower than the other just because of uneven ground, tire sitting in a little hole, implement on the back leaning one direction, etc.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
air pressure different ? it don't take much .....
Yeah I’m going to check that again as soon as I get back out there. Thanks
Yeah, probably a little. 1/2 inch is nothing to worry about. Heck there is a 99% chance that when using the bucket one side of the tractor is 1, or more, inches higher or lower than the other just because of uneven ground, tire sitting in a little hole, implement on the back leaning one direction, etc.
this is true and I’m aware of it being off camber most of the time when using it. I just don’t want to be starting out with a brand new machine that maybe supposed to be tighter tolerances.
I know when I set the bucket down to where one side barely touches and then force the other side down till it sits flat.. it twist the whole tractor till it’s down. Seems like it twists the tractor from right to left a 1/2” - 3/4” if you’re watching the hood. Hope this makes sense!

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
Yeah I’m going to check that again as soon as I get back out there. Thanks

this is true and I’m aware of it being off camber most of the time when using it. I just don’t want to be starting out with a brand new machine that maybe supposed to be tighter tolerances.
I know when I set the bucket down to where one side barely touches and then force the other side down till it sits flat.. it twist the whole tractor till it’s down. Seems like it twists the tractor from right to left a 1/2” - 3/4” if you’re watching the hood. Hope this makes sense!
I'll chime in, I get what your saying, it would drive me a little if my new tractor was not close to perfect tolerances, if and when I set my bucket down and its not level, causing it to twist a bit, I'll even move the tractor until the bucket DOES sit level without torquing the arms. I agree, that's a lot of money these days for one of these tractors, I would expect everything to be precision. lol

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
So what was the deal? Were the tires actually different sizes, manufacturer, or one worn more than the other?
I don't know. The tractor is just over a year old and the tires have been used less than 90 hrs. with no visual wear. The tires are the same manufacturer and size, the pressures were the first thing checked and the FEL had the issue since day one.
So, either it is a manufacturing tolerance issue or the tires are "staggered" like in NASCAR:eek:.
The only thing that I can think of is when the tractor was delivered, it looked like it have been outside for more than a year with corrosion in several areas, all plastic faded and one of the rear wheels was "Kubota pink". I was not happy. Not impressed with the dealer. Maybe one tire got more sun than the other.
And yes, mine would twist the tractor and you would see the hood and FEL kind of out whack.

Last edited: