Turbo B7100

Rhino1744

Nov 30, 2011
colorado springs
Hey guys,

Just wanted to shair some pictures of my ol B7100, I just added a turbo, (after being inspired by a few others on here) installed an oil supply line T-into my oil pressure sending unit, oil drain line, made a fitting into the fuel pump housing, had to fab up an exhaust manifold, and intake tube and of course a 3" chrome exhaust stack, while i was there i added a 30 amp single post GM alternator, and a 15" flexlight fan, All and all she runs real good now. Hope you enjoy.

Craig

Attachments

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Good Lord almighty,,,,:D Just how much more HP do you think you ll get??
A nice clean job!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm just waiting for a turbo to gernade on one of these tractors and render it useless. Another member on here some time back did the same thing to his Kubota as well. I know how turbos work but they are commonly found on highway operations and seldom on off road equipment.

Rhino1744

Nov 30, 2011
colorado springs
I'm just waiting for a turbo to gernade on one of these tractors and render it useless. Another member on here some time back did the same thing to his Kubota as well. I know how turbos work but they are commonly found on highway operations and seldom on off road equipment.
Maybe on very old equipment, but about 90% of modern equipment will have a turbo.

Last edited:

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Yep, pretty much all diesel equipment is turbo charged anymore. Almost impossible to meet emmisions without one.

To th OP what size and brand turbo is it, what did it come off of originally?

Do you have any baseline #'s as far as HP exhaust temps pre and post turbo ect. What kind of boost do you see and did you do any fueling enhancements?

We need the details here!:D

Rhino1744

Nov 30, 2011
colorado springs
Yep, pretty much all diesel equipment is turbo charged anymore. Almost impossible to meet emmisions without one.

To th OP what size and brand turbo is it, what did it come off of originally?

Do you have any baseline #'s as far as HP exhaust temps pre and post turbo ect. What kind of boost do you see and did you do any fueling enhancements?

We need the details here!:D
Very good questions, and to answer them honestly No i have not yet, only boost. which at full throttle with a load is about 6PSI. wating on a pyro gage to come in before i start with any fuel mods. the turbo came off a very small 4 cyl Cummins gen set (i will get the specs on the turbo and post), so i do have some lag at bottom end, but thats ok, on our tractors you just set the throttle anyways so quickness of bottom end really is not a big deal, once i get my Pyro i will better understand what i can do on fuel, as far as hp numbers, i really dont have a way to get them. PS, I hope to look at sometype of intercooler as well to help with intake temps, but again no hard numbers.

Last edited:

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Most AG shops should have a PTO dyno to test it on. I know a bit about diesel performance. I have been a Dodge Cummins man for many many years and just recently sold one of mine that I had built for power pulling and an occasional drag race. 02 Dodge cummins with a "Few" mods to run 560 hp and 1000 lb ft at the rear wheels last time I had it on a dyno which is not too much as compared to the 600+ hp the cummins can easily attain now with only minor additional supporting mods as compared to my ol 02.

Here is a video of it in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3TkO071kTk&feature=youtu.be

Rhino1744

Nov 30, 2011
colorado springs
That is a sweet video. I am too a Cummins nut, are you ever on Cummins Forum? I have a 2011 1 ton dual rear wheels, 6.7with an auto. Installed the H&S mini max, DPF/Cat delete, 4" turbo back exhaust, S&B cold air intake system, All kinds of cool stuff, Truck is a beast, had it on a portable dyno (not a big fan of them) but its all they had. the best out of 3 pulls was 583hp, almost 1100 ft lbs of torque. LOVE the DIESELs!

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Nice work. What kind of EGT limit do you suppose is safe on a Kubota? How about your Cummins? We're all Powerstroke in my family, but I can appreciate Cummins. That new Dodge crew cab isn't bad either. Glad to see them with full size rear doors. I may go that way someday as you can't get a manual trans in a Ford anymore.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
You're right I'm an idiot I forgot. It's been quite some time since I've played on any heavy equipment. Just been sticking to my lil B6100.

And now that I think about it some of the off road equipment I've hauled over the years I have had to tape up the exhaust so the wind wont do damage to the turbo. With the dozer's and front end loaders I've played on I just never really heard the turbo spool up like I would on a highway diesel with a turbo on it.

They do make quite a racket and created one helluva black cloud of smoke when a turbo gernades on ya going down the Interstate at 70mph...

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
That is a sweet video. I am too a Cummins nut, are you ever on Cummins Forum? I have a 2011 1 ton dual rear wheels, 6.7with an auto. Installed the H&S mini max, DPF/Cat delete, 4" turbo back exhaust, S&B cold air intake system, All kinds of cool stuff, Truck is a beast, had it on a portable dyno (not a big fan of them) but its all they had. the best out of 3 pulls was 583hp, almost 1100 ft lbs of torque. LOVE the DIESELs!
Never got into Cummins forum "Too big and negative" but frquent a few other diesel and cummins forums, Started out at TDR for a few years and now spend most of my time here.http://forum.mopar1973man.com/forum.php
Most of the guys there cmae from CF.

I have an 05 cummins with 106K nothing but a Smarty JR POD and with the old tune on a chassis dyno it did 407 hp and 750 torque at the rear wheels.

As far as Magcarls question about EGTs most equipment is capable 900-1000 steady and full time. As far as anything above that it gets into a lot of engine designs pistons ect ect, as a general rule 1200-1300 sustained is acceptable on most newer engines, I know guys with CR cummins with mods who pull heavy full time and rarely if ever see anything under 1200 I have a friend who runs 1400-1500 consistant on an 05 for many years and has had no issues.

Timing palys a huge role in what you see for exhaust temps as well. Depending on the timing the exhaust is way hotter than the internal cylinder temps with retarded as the fuel is being burned as it heads out but it can go the other way as well, advanced timing results in more fuel being burned in the cylinder causing hotter pistons and cylinder temps. Cams, pump timing injection timing all play roles into it. Also the efficiency of air flow has a lot to play into it as well how much fuel what size turbo, the list goes on for paragraphs.
Where you measure egts plays into it as well pre or post turbo makes a big difference.

Last edited:

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Curious more than anything. 1200F preturbo is the accepted sustained safe limit in the PSD world, 7.3's anyway. Wasn't sure how universal that is.

Are our Kubota pistons aluminum?