Tsc/County Line landscape rock rake

txnbygod

Equipment
L4701
Nov 6, 2016
Burnet Texas
I have an opportunity to buy a like new tsc rock rake.

There are a couple reviews on them saying they are not very sturdy. Does anyone here have experience with one?

Or other brand recommendations?

TD Tractor

Equipment
L4701, LA765 FEL, 60" Grapple, 84" Snow Blade, 60" bush hog, Ford 871,703 loader
Dec 1, 2016
Partlow, Va
I have one made by Tarter, which from what I can tell is the same company that makes them for Tractor Supply. The only difference I can tell between them is mine is painted gray. I use mine quit often and have been pleased with its performance on rocks, dirt, leaves, yard debri and even some snow. Haven't used it on my L4701 yet, but my 871 Ford hasn't bent it.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
What happens if you need anything for TSC/family farm and home? The customer service and help at these big box stores has to work it's way up to be bad!

Yes, you will spend more at a dealer of your choice, but the knowledge, support and quality, will be easier in the future.

We have people that buy stuff from big box stores that bring units and or parts for help from us all them time.:rolleyes:

Pat

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
I have a 60" that I got in a good trade deal. The tines are holding up so far, but I can see where the frame that holds the tines is starting to twist, not too bad so far, but I'm not sure how to reinforce it.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
My 60" has performed well. I initially used it to comb the underbrush for trash before cutting into it. Its ripped out countless berry vines not to mention roots & rocks my middlebuster exposed. I now use it to maintain my 800' gravel drive. I can see where a ham handed operator could tear it up in short order and even a good one on too strong of a tractor could. But for the money even at regular TSC prices they're a good deal.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It's a rock rake. Pretty simple tool with no parts to routinely service. So the answer seems to be how it's used and the size of tractor it's attached to.

I'd say use some common sense when pulling it and it will last until you don't (use the common sense)!

As far as needing parts or service for a rock rake, if you can't find a hitch pin or a rake tooth on the internet probably ought to buy the biggest you can from a dealer with warranty!:D

I have a 6' and a 7' and use the 7' behind a 60HP tractor going through a hay field busting up processed hay piles that the cattle deposit there over the winter. Somehow it says in the shape it's suppose to be in.

txnbygod, buy the used one and see if you can tear it up. If you do, buy a bigger, heavier, more expensive one!!:D

txnbygod

Equipment
L4701
Nov 6, 2016
Burnet Texas
My intentions are to use it as a rock rake on recently cleared property. I've used a box blade, but that also moves too much of the precious top soil I have in these rocky areas

I'll be pulling it with a L4701 fel

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I have a TSC 72" rake I pull with my B6200 and it is heavy duty enough for my uses. Field raking, trail making, camp site grooming and rocks.