Trying to get my MX5400

swpflipper

Equipment
MX5400 HST, LA1065 FEL, HR2572 box blade - S30 flip Screen
Nov 3, 2020
Arizona
It took weeks to decide on the model and options for my use. Once the decision was made, I moved forward. The dealer is one I have bought my Bobcat and attachments from. I know them.
After a week or so I checked on progress and I was told some of the hydraulic options I choose are on back order and no firm date. Another week and still no firm answer on the kits.
The MX5400, loader, bucket, box blade, canopy, and tires are there. I am stuck on the 3rd function kit and the rear remote hydraulic kit for top-n-tilt + one for the hydraulic rippers on the box blade.
I am to the point of deleting those options, getting the tractor and adding them when they come in. I was trying to get a tractor set up exactly how I wanted it with OEM kits. Anyone else having such delays?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
It took weeks to decide on the model and options for my use. Once the decision was made, I moved forward. The dealer is one I have bought my Bobcat and attachments from. I know them.
After a week or so I checked on progress and I was told some of the hydraulic options I choose are on back order and no firm date. Another week and still no firm answer on the kits.
The MX5400, loader, bucket, box blade, canopy, and tires are there. I am stuck on the 3rd function kit and the rear remote hydraulic kit for top-n-tilt + one for the hydraulic rippers on the box blade.
I am to the point of deleting those options, getting the tractor and adding them when they come in. I was trying to get a tractor set up exactly how I wanted it with OEM kits. Anyone else having such delays?
Its with everything this year...what happens when manufacturing is shut down for months. Why doesn’t the dealer deliver the tractor to you while they wait for the backordered stuff?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Welcome to 2020. Almost everything that is manufactured is delayed due to supply problems. I want to buy a new gooseneck trailer but it is 20 weeks out to be built.

swpflipper

Equipment
Nov 3, 2020
Arizona
Welcome to 2020. Almost everything that is manufactured is delayed due to supply problems. I want to buy a new gooseneck trailer but it is 20 weeks out to be built.

swpflipper

Equipment
Nov 3, 2020
Arizona
Yes I get it, 2020 is the year of back order. If that's what is going on, I will probably delete the options he doesn't have and go get it.
The dealer, trying to help has even offered me a loaner at no cost.
I would prefer to just have mine.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Yes I get it, 2020 is the year of back order. If that's what is going on, I will probably delete the options he doesn't have and go get it.
The dealer, trying to help has even offered me a loaner at no cost.
I would prefer to just have mine.
Backorders are the problem. I drive by a green dealer every week and he has very few tractors on the lot. He is part of the AgPro dealer chain. The chain is very large and can not get tractors at least 2 different stores that I have been to or driven by.

A few weeks ago I carried a used JD tractor over 300 miles from the dealer to the new owner. The buyer was unable to located a new tractor, the same model, in FL.

The Mahindra, Bobcat, New Holland dealer across the street from the JD dealer is running low on tractors also. It is not a Kubota only problem.

swpflipper

Equipment
Nov 3, 2020
Arizona
Do any of you guys know if a dealer only gets parts from the manufacturer or do they have the ability to check the stock of other dealers?

mx1alex

Equipment
2007 L3940
Mar 18, 2015
Missouri
I traded in my L3940 for a new MX5400 a month ago and still don't have it. Said the 3 remote valves won't show up ship till early December. The 1st and 3rd lever kits should ship around the same timeframe. But the 2nd lever kit won't ship till sometime in January. Frustrating!

swpflipper

Equipment
Nov 3, 2020
Arizona
I am down to it needing a L8303 spool valve and the L8388A top-n-tilt kit. The tractor and all of my options are at the dealer. Some are waiting to be installed.
I instructed my salesman to install what he has so I can take delivery this week. Then I will happily pay for the remaining items cash when they come in. I refuse to wait because there are no guarantees of when backorders fill.
I don't blame anyone, it is all covid connected.
As I told him, this is like my new truck arrived, but I cant have it until the mud flaps show up.

Reactions: 1 user

Plaz

Equipment
MX5400
Nov 24, 2020
Saskatchewan
I am down to it needing a L8303 spool valve and the L8388A top-n-tilt kit. The tractor and all of my options are at the dealer. Some are waiting to be installed.
I instructed my salesman to install what he has so I can take delivery this week. Then I will happily pay for the remaining items cash when they come in. I refuse to wait because there are no guarantees of when backorders fill.
I don't blame anyone, it is all covid connected.
As I told him, this is like my new truck arrived, but I cant have it until the mud flaps show up.
I told mine the same thing... then he told me im only waiting on the hydraulic chute and deflector for the snowblower.. apparently they already had the third function and all the other goodies in. Says i should be getting it this week

swpflipper

Equipment
Nov 3, 2020
Arizona
Funny thing. when I said I am picking it up this week no matter what. Everything except the top-n-tilt kit got installed and that kit promised by Monday.
My guy did loan me a L4701 until mine is ready.

Plaz

Equipment
MX5400
Nov 24, 2020
Saskatchewan
thats awesome. i got nothing.. i even asked since im getting all LED lights if he could replace the front work lights with LED. i was told lets wait and see if you like the rear ones.... anyone got a lead on either LED bulbs or LED replacement lights for the cab front work lights?

tinman4240

Equipment
Kubota L4240 HSTC FEL BH-92 hoe Pronovost P-720 SB HLA 1500 6' pusher/backdrag
Feb 1, 2015
South Windsor, CT
thats awesome. i got nothing.. i even asked since im getting all LED lights if he could replace the front work lights with LED. i was told lets wait and see if you like the rear ones.... anyone got a lead on either LED bulbs or LED replacement lights for the cab front work lights?
Hello Plaz,,, Just installed 4 LED's on my 4240 hstc . Try TigerLights out of Oregon. Might be what you are looking for

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Did you ever get everything installed? What is the part number for the OEM 3rd function kit? Does it have hard lines down the loader frame?

Last edited:

vanhanz

Equipment
Kubota L3301 HST, Hustler SD60, Kawasaki Mule 3010 Trans 4x4
Aug 1, 2018
GA
I say get everything they have available now and take it back to have the rest installed when it comes in. Thats what I did when my cruise control was back ordered.