Truck Dump Insert Hoist Incease Lift?

TrippeTree&Timber

Equipment
Kubota B6100 4wd
Dec 18, 2010
Rochester, NY,United States
I have a dump insert in my one ton truck and was wondering if anyone has any idea of how i could increase the capability of the hoist. It is rated to lift 6000lbs including the dumper weight, however when i load 3 ton of stone on the truck at the mine, i have to shovel off some to get it to lift. I know there is adjustments on the pump just dont know if i could increase the lift. Not looking to kill the truck, 3 ton is all i want on her but shoveling off some sucks when im dropping stone on job sites. Any help wout be great.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Guess nobody else thought that was funny! Problem is boss your maxing the dump insert out with an even 3 tons of stone. The lift cylender is rated to lift 6000lbs which you have to allow for it to push up the weight of the dump box plus cargo. I'm willing to bet if you scale back and put like 2 and a half tons of stone in the truck you should be able to dump no problem.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah Mac I thought it was funny, I use to unload my pickup like that when I got coal from the tipple,,, drop the tail gate and back down the drive way at a high rate of speed slam on the brakes and hope for the best, it would unload almost the whole thing.. but the timing had to be JUST RIGHT:rolleyes:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
YEAH you hit it at the wrong timing your gonna pop a wheelie and its gonna reuin your day and your underwear!

TrippeTree&Timber

Equipment
Kubota B6100 4wd
Dec 18, 2010
Didnt get a chance to see your first reply, yeh sometimes that works haha. I understand the hoist capacity has to include the weight of the dumper. And yes when i load 2.5 tons it works fine. I just would like to be able to get that little bit more stone or dirt in to maximize trips taken. I may just put a stronger hoist in, or just deal with it how it is. Thanks for the joke and advice.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
You'd probably have to upgrade and put a larger lift cly in there. I'd say maybe an 8000 pound cylender. Which I dont forsee being a cheap cylender to buy.

osut362

Equipment
M9000dtc, b7500hs
Mar 15, 2009
Lindale, Texas
does your hoist work off a pto or a power steering pump? most of the p/u dump beds work off the p.s. pump. make sure it is working at its rated output pressure. it's been too long but it seems that gm pumps work at about
1,500 psi and ford is about 1300 psi...al

TrippeTree&Timber

Equipment
Kubota B6100 4wd
Dec 18, 2010
Thanks eric. For over $1000 ill just deal with it. Its a custom made dump nsert to fit in my service body, which is getting up there in age. I may look at getting a full dump body when i need to replace but will see. I thought maybe there would be an ajustment on the pump. When i get some time ill mess around with it. Thanks for the advice.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I honestly dont think tinkering with the pump will make much if any difference. Bottom line is your cylender is rated to lift 6000lbs and your pump is designed to push up the 6k. I would think that you'd have to get a larger stonger pump and bigger clyender to do what you are trying to do.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
On the cheap maybe try chaning the fluid and filter. Maybe fresh juice might push her up better.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Mac ya just made me remember something, in 1974 I had a BRAND NEW jeep 3/4 ton truck,, well my lovely bride went and we got coal I stoped on top of the drive way droped the tail gateand got back in at the same time she got out to go inthe house and went behind the truck and closed that tail gate,,,, It took a good 20 minuets for the parts guy at the Jeep dealer to stop laffin over a tail gate that was bent into a U