Transport box

volp

Equipment
Kubota B6001, MF35 with backhoe, Ford 3000, JD LX186 Lawn tractor
When seeing all the excellent fabrications in this forum I feel embarrassed presenting my simple project. :eek: But everyone cannot be a master mechanic so I hope there is room for us beginners also. ;)
I have just bought a B6001 (with a D950 engine) and as I have no trailer I needed something to transport firewood to our house and gravel to repair the road. I have seen pictures of rear mounted transport boxes so I decided to built one with the odd bits of iron and wood in my possession. I am an intuitive constructor so I had no written plan, just started in one end! I welded together a steel skeleton which I filled with board and wood. Below is how it turned out! :eek:
Anders

Attachments

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Aint nuttin wrong with that my friend,, I think ya done good !!:D

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I am a be leaver that form follows function, not the other way around. You had two needs and filled those needs with one solution and it can also act as a counter weight if you ever need it. Best of all, it cost you almost nothing. Great job.:)

res

Equipment
L3301HST, 7' back blade
Oct 25, 2014
Cadillac, Mi
Looks to me as if you had a need, thought through the process, and built a working solution. Great work!!! Don't worry, most of the projects you see were preceded by hundreds of other projects with the first ones looking worse than yours by far! :D Keep up the good work!!!

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland
Hoping not to burst any bubbles here, but I see what may be a potential problem. Most, if not all, of the weight of whatever you load it with will create a lot of pulling pressure at your top link. From what I'm able to see, it seems that will be an easily stressed point, subject to failure. Again, this is with not seeing any kind of supporting platform under the box, which may be there. In any case, I would add some support by connecting a steel bar, or like, at the rear, corner to corner tied into your top link connection. That would better distribute the weight instead of eventually bowing your plywood.

Just my 2¢. Otherwise, a clean looking finished production.

Ron

volp

Equipment
Thanks for all support! :D
Ron, you are quite right that I could add a reinforcement at the rear but I ran out of suitable iron. Maybe a piece of rebar would fit? I could also add a diagonal on the sides to make it even more stable.
There are extra support under the floor which is hard to see on the pictures. You can see part of it in the picture below.
Anders

Attachments

Last edited:

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Thanks for all support! :D
Ron, you are quite right that I could add a reinforcement at the rear but I ran out of suitable iron. Maybe a piece of rebar would fit? I could also add a diagonal on the sides to make it even more stable.
There are extra support under the floor which is hard to see on the pictures. You can see part of it in the picture below.
Anders
Anders,
I think you id a great job on that box. :D I just wish I could do s good on my projects.
Welcome to the forum.

Dave

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Butt-kicking job Anders!

You can haul all kind of stuff in that: tools, generators, small equipment, groceries, kids, dogs, and wood. You made a practical tool even more practical.

Thanks for stimulating our imaginations by sharing your project in pictures. I want to start a similar project for my machine. Hope it turns out as well as yours did.

Ray

volp

Equipment
One other thing is that you can remove the rear wall after loosening the two wing-nuts and place it against the forward wall. There are small knobs there that keeps it in place.
Can be useful when unloading gravel. :cool:

Anders

volp

Equipment
Re: Transport box and chainsaw

After finding inspiration on another thread here I added a holder for my chainsaw!
As most of my box is of wood it was easy to fix with a few screws and some glue.
Now I don't have to have my saw wobbling on top of the firewood in the box. :)

Anders

Attachments