Trans fluid

TIGEMOB52

Nov 4, 2012
torrance ca usa
Where to start? Good forum, NEW owner of L2000dt, just bought 5 acres in AZ Trans fluid level check, I found small plug left side middle of trans looks like level check, please confirm, and another small plug at the housing for 2-4 wheel drive lever, painted same yellow colour as the plug first mentioned is this another level check? THANKS

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I can't say for sure but that sounds like the spot where my site glass is. If it doesn't have a site glass or a dip stick anywhere I would think you're on the right track.

TIGEMOB52

Nov 4, 2012
torrance ca usa
just got my manual in the mail. and the plug left side near the clutch pedal is the level check. It does not mention what a very similar plug is for which is screwed into the 4 wheel drive lever housing, if anyone can help me with this plug it would be great. I am going drain & fill with new fluid udt, my manual mentions the filter being removed & cleaned, but Im concerned about doing it right, somewhere I read about three different plug level checks and having to do them in order if anyone can help it would be great THANKS PAUL

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Sometimes the manuals can be a little confusing and not very clear but most of the time they will have the basic step by step instructions for doing the maintainance. Read and understand your manual before you start a project and have it handy so you can refer to it during. My first Kubota I got up under it with the manual and located everything before I started. This seemed to make the job go much easier. Keep us posted on how everything goes and remember the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.