Trailers for carrying small Kubota

dookanooka

Equipment
B6000
Oct 25, 2009
Australia
hi, what are people's thoughts on the best trailers to carry a Kubota without a FEL (and perhaps your opinions on it with a FEL too)? Single or tandem wheels, 7x4, 8x5 etc. I'd appreciate your opinions on it. I'm about to buy one and close to going single wheel 7x4 but would that be a mistake? I've moved it with a standard car trailer and it seemed like overkill, it was almost lost on it.

thanks all,
Dookanooka

P.Holm

Equipment
L2250 4WD,FEL,60"belly mower,60" JD bush hog,60" JD box blade-Kubota T1400
Apr 24, 2009
Lakeland,Fl
I use an 6x14 tandem, but then with the FEL,a bush hog and ballasted tires I'm at about 3600 pounds and I use every inch of it

Last edited:

dookanooka

Equipment
B6000
Oct 25, 2009
Australia
thanks for the replies. It's looking like the tandem is winning here! I had thought about the weight distribution and it'd likely be a lot safer and less stressful to tow with a tandem. I'm looking at moving a B6000 by the way, which is comfortably 7x4 let's say, but I think could squeeeze on a 6x3! Considering I may well be needing a FEL down the track, I really should think about giving some leeway there. In an ideal world i'd like something I could also move building materials, furniture and such like with too as it'd probably be my only trailer.

small&mighty99, that dovetail idea is brilliant, how easy must that be to load! I'm thinking about getting a secondhand tandem trailer then having an engineering company put one on for me. Great pictures too, thanks for all the advice.

So, maybe i'm now in the running for something of between 5x8 and 5x12, tandem, or thereabouts.

thanks. Any more thoughts greatly appreciated.
Dookanooka

Last edited:

P.Holm

Equipment
L2250 4WD,FEL,60"belly mower,60" JD bush hog,60" JD box blade-Kubota T1400
Apr 24, 2009
Lakeland,Fl
Just keep on mind, you run out of space real fast when you start adding things like an FEL or your bush hog, I originally bought an l2050 and loaded it on to an 8 foot trailer I borrowed, when I switched to a l2250 almost the same dimensions but with an FEL and the bush hog on, I use every bit of the 14feet. My rear wheel on the bush even hangs off the back about a foot.

Paul

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
First Thanks for asking the question because it was something I was wondering about also but you put it so well. I love this forum there always so many folks to help out. But I want to add my 2 cents also.

I found that your better off going a bit over than under and as Paul said once you start adding things FEL, Brush Hog you will need the space and the ability to handle the weight. Jerry :)

Just keep on mind, you run out of space real fast when you start adding things like an FEL or your bush hog, I originally bought an l2050 and loaded it on to an 8 foot trailer I borrowed, when I switched to a l2250 almost the same dimensions but with an FEL and the bush hog on, I use every bit of the 14feet. My rear wheel on the bush even hangs off the back about a foot.

Paul

todddrummey

Equipment
B6000
May 21, 2009
falmouth, ma
Bigger is almost always better. I have a B6000 w/FEL. It barely fits on a single axle 5x10 landscape trailer. I would also suggest going with a galvanized trailer. In New England both are common, but the painted ones are half the price. I went with painted a while back and it is starting to rust. I've seen galvanized boat trailers that get dipped in salt water every weekend for 30 years that look better than my 10 year old painted trailer.

I think it also depends on how often you will be moving the tractor. Mine hasn't been on the trailer for years, but I do use the trailer for other things. If you are using the tractor for business (every day or week) I would definately go with a bigger tandom axle.

Hope this helps

Todd

rednecklimo85

Equipment
78 B6100E(brush hog, boxblade, snowplow) 85 B7200DT(loader and backhoe)
Oct 24, 2009
torrington,ct
i have a 7X16 and my B7200 with FEL and back hoe take up almost all of it(keeping the backhoe straight anyways) i'm sure however my B6100 would look tiny on it.

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
I bought a B7100 2 weeks ago and rented a 5x9 trailer from U-Haul. It was the perfect size. Room around it for this or that. The Uhaul has a very strong rail on 3 sides. The bucket rests perfect on the rail and straps down easily. With the bucket centered on the rail, the weight on the tongue of my tow hitch was probably about 350 +/- lbs. When i buy a trailer, I will buy one that size. But I will have a rail only where the loader bucket it, sides will have no walls at all. 5x9 deck is also perfect to hold 2 ATVs.

The trailer from U-Haol at a single axle, and I was perect driving for 250 miles at 75 mph and about 20 miles through twist and turns and big elevation changes.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
My advise get youself a big one. I own a 6x16 tandem axle which is rated for 7000 pounds. I have had every single inch filled up and even had to take the ramps off because I had some hanging over. I own a B6100E and yeah sometimes with just the tractor and a grading box its over kill, other times when I put the bushhog on its not enough. I use my trailer for everthing, if it fits on the deck I've moved it. From compact cars to a Chevy Suburban to lumber for building a deck to hauling away brush and logs from takeing down a tree. And do yourself a favor DO NOT waste your money on ratchet straps. Spend a few dollars more and buy chains and binder. Listen to me on this, I have been a truck driver for 9 years driveing tractor trailers. I've had too many web ratchet straps break and have lost loads. DOT is makeing it mandatory to have 4 indvidual chains and 4 binders to secure a load. Yeah thats a bit over kill for a dinky B series tractor, but atleast 2 metal chains are still better then 4 straps!