Trailering my new kubota

rod

May 8, 2011
Ypsilanti, Mi
I just ordered a new B3200 with a 60 inch front end loader, Land Pride quick hitch and Land Pride RCR 1548 rotary cutter. It will be trailered to another location to cut grass, plow snow etc.

I haven't decided on a trailer yet and I'm looking for suggestions. Can anyone that trailers a similar rig tell what type (enclosed, flat bed, landscape, car hauler) and length they use?

Thanks,

rod

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I have a 6x16 foot trailer I used to haul my B6100 on and my dad can fit his L275 with a FEL and grading box on it as well. How large of a truck are you hauling with? Do you plan to haul other things if you have a trailer. I'd say maybe look for a 6x18 flat bed trailer with flip up equipment ramps. There are so many different ways you could go with a trailer configuration.

Key factors, how big is your towing truck and what could be some future needs or uses for the trailer.

rod

May 8, 2011
Ypsilanti, Mi
My tow vehicle is a 1 ton, dodge cummins turbo diesel.

My main concern is the rotary cutter hanging off the back of the trailer. The land pride website lists the lenght at 91 1/2 inches. When I did the math, the tractor, loader and cutter come out to slightly over 20 ft.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well then with out a doubt get a goodeneck trailer. You can get a deck over 8x20 and either a 12,000 to 14,000 GVWR and your Dodge will handle it nicely.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
That may be a little over kill for a B3200 so if your on a budget and not looking to dump a ton of money then get a deck over tag along. There's usually a few thousand dollars price difference between a goose neck and tag along.