Trail Cams

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I like the owl, and of course the night pics where you have a set of eyes and nothing else can be seen. That last one is one for the books;)

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
Owl, turkey, coyotes and that one band of deer sure keep your cam busy. Nice string of photos; enjoyed it!

chazman26

Equipment
L3560HST w/ LA805 fel BH92
Dec 28, 2016
New Berlin NY

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Here is one from late January.

But lately I have been battling these beasts.

Went fence in 1 feeder with hog panels and so far I have been able to keep them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
NEPA Guy - really liked the pictures. We have a few does that hang within 100 yards of the house. Cool seeing them lose the winter coat.

Bowhunter - I was a varmint hunter for years. 'Round these parts they were woodchucks. Nuisance for farmers.

Seeing those hogs makes me think I should find another target for the Remington Mod. 700 Varmint Special .22-250.....

But, being an ole' farmboy, we don't like to travel much......:eek::eek:

8upbowhunter

Equipment
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Woodchuck hunting looks like fun, I watch it on youtube sometimes. I've always wanted to do that some day.

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
Are trail cams good for catching crack-head thieves? Working a rental house that is being broken into. I looking for cheap idea to protect my investment.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
They can be as long as they dont spot them and steal them too. Place them high up in a tree. Most folks dont look up. Also when you get the trail cam make sure the capture speed is good. Some older ones have a 30 second delay before the picture goes off AFTER it detects movement. Moultrie M-40 is a good one I just bought. About $140. I caught one neighbor tearing down my No Trespassing signs with one.

Its a bit costly but If you want better cam protection, look into the arlo brand. I have 5 wireless cams I setup for security. Works great. It works off wifi and theres no monthly fee. Instant notifications and login from your phone to see live feed. Cheapest one cam setup will be $250 five cams for $700. They also make a single system that works on a cell phone signals. Around $300 and $5 month line fee and data charges apply.

Or just use some vaseline on the doorknobs. :D

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Some older ones have a 30 second delay before the picture goes off AFTER it detects movement.
I've been using trail cams heavily for 10 years and have been active in trail cam forums for that long and I've never heard of such. The worst I've heard has been 5-6 seconds. Most anything now should be less than 2 seconds, with most claiming less than 1 second.

Now there is a timeout delay between the time it takes a picture before it will trigger again. This is adjustable by the user though, from whatever the minimum for that model is to minutes or hours. I think there have been some models where the minimum here was 30 seconds or a minute, but now I think the longest minimum is 5 seconds, with many able to trigger again within a couple of seconds.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
IMO the buckeye is the best camera I have ever used. Been using trail cams since they where 35mm. Bought most brands, and the only ones that last are buckeye and reconyx. Both will cost you well over 500 bucks though.

8upbowhunter

Equipment
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
I have been using the same 2 Bushnells for 4 years now and both are still going strong. I bought 2 Coverts last year and never had any issues with them yet. None of them take the greatest pictures but good enough to see what I need. I am thinking about trying an Exodus to see if they are worth getting more as my others start crapping out. They have a great warranty and customer service from what I have read.

https://exodusoutdoorgear.com/produ...VK_AQP7JplgP3pa9HWrKrTkGszDijEp3V0aAn7l8P8HAQ

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
I have been using the same 2 Bushnells for 4 years now and both are still going strong. I bought 2 Coverts last year and never had any issues with them yet. None of them take the greatest pictures but good enough to see what I need. I am thinking about trying an Exodus to see if they are worth getting more as my others start crapping out. They have a great warranty and customer service from what I have read.

https://exodusoutdoorgear.com/produ...VK_AQP7JplgP3pa9HWrKrTkGszDijEp3V0aAn7l8P8HAQ

My buckeye is over 10 years old, and has been smashed once while moving it on my 4 wheeler, and been flooded once. Only 3 megapixel, but takes better pics than my 20 megapixel cuddyback. I just wish they still made them as stand alone units.

8upbowhunter

Equipment
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Never heard of a Buckeye camera before but if it has lasted that long it has to be a good one.