Trail Cams

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
My buckeye is over 10 years old, and has been smashed once while moving it on my 4 wheeler, and been flooded once. Only 3 megapixel, but takes better pics than my 20 megapixel cuddyback. I just wish they still made them as stand alone units.
You can't rely on any of the MP marketing of trail cameras these days. That picture file may contain that many megapixels, but the image sensor didn't make that many. Trail cameras only have at most a 5 megapixel image sensor, a lot are probably only 3, the rest of the pixels are interpolated, which actually makes the picture less clear. Never set a trail cam at the highest MP setting, start at the mid point, and even try the lowest setting to see which makes the best pictures.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
You can't rely on any of the MP marketing of trail cameras these days. That picture file may contain that many megapixels, but the image sensor didn't make that many. Trail cameras only have at most a 5 megapixel image sensor, a lot are probably only 3, the rest of the pixels are interpolated, which actually makes the picture less clear. Never set a trail cam at the highest MP setting, start at the mid point, and even try the lowest setting to see which makes the best pictures.
The highest on the buckeye I have is 3, and it is the clearest game cam I have ever used.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Down here in the coal country, dogs chasing deer dont last real long. Some guys have a real issue with that

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Down here in the coal country, dogs chasing deer dont last real long. Some guys have a real issue with that
When I was a kid my Aunt who lived in carbondale had her dog's leg shot off by hunters when the dog got out. I wont let him run full out during hunting season and to play it safe I have a small cowbell I tie around his neck.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thats good,but dogs that run deer seem to find out they can catch sheep easyer and that causes some problems for the farmer and the dog owner. I loved my dogs, and I hunted with them. Each one knew deer were off limits.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I hear ya, I've debated letting him out for the bear that come around here, I was afraid he might get hurt though.

Attachments