Traded my L2501 HST for a Kioti DK4210SE

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
Hyundai is not a bad comparable. They started out relatively obscure, offered a great warranty and have shown themselves to be good at designing ad marketing cars. They have a greater market share than GM, Ford or Honda. Kioti is a worthy competitor for Kubota, and they would be fools if they don't hear the footsteps. Maybe it will cause them to ditch that goofy treadle. ;)

mikej_111

Equipment
Dk4210se lots of attachments
Jul 21, 2022
Idaho
I’m not showing up to bash kubota by any means. Just saying for many the small quality difference and a big price difference doesn’t make sense within the small to midsize tractors. As you get into bigger tractors, the difference I believe is more minimal in price. Our local dealer has a plethora of parts and availability though I haven’t needed anything but filters so far. I talked to every dealer within 100 miles and did my best research beforehand. Even the local guys with kubota tractors don’t like our dealer, so there was no way I was going to take that direction. Service is just as important as anything else in a tractor and if I have an amazing tractor but my dealer is garbage then that isn’t worth much in the long run. Best of luck to everyone with any orange tractor!

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I purchased a new Kubota L2501 HST in Nov of 2019.
I was seriously considering the Kioti CK2610 HST which specification wise is very close to the L2501.

After pricing the Kubota with two dealers and the Kioti with one dealer , both tractors optioned as close as possible to each other I found only a $200 dollar difference, with the Kubota being the more expensive. My experience did not hold true that comparable Kioti tractors cost substantially less money.

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Just saying for many the small quality difference and a big price difference doesn’t make sense within the small to midsize tractors.
There are reasons why Kubota has great resale value. Maybe your Kioti will be good for you. Like I said, I people who like their Hyundais and for that matter Kiotis.

Very few people here are going to agree there is a small difference in quality and a big price difference. We’ve done our research and that’s why we own Kubotas.

Reactions: 1 users

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
There is no shortage of dealers in my area for all makes of tractors. I looked at Kioti and was quite impressed with them but did not care for the way the Back Hoe was mounted. Also found the fuel tank position behind the seat was not suitable even though I find it awkward to fuel up my Kubota. For what I was looking for Kioti would definitely have been considerably less money.
I looked at John Deere and Mahindra as well but decided on staying with Kubota.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I’m not showing up to bash kubota by any means. Just saying for many the small quality difference and a big price difference doesn’t make sense within the small to midsize tractors. As you get into bigger tractors, the difference I believe is more minimal in price. Our local dealer has a plethora of parts and availability though I haven’t needed anything but filters so far. I talked to every dealer within 100 miles and did my best research beforehand. Even the local guys with kubota tractors don’t like our dealer, so there was no way I was going to take that direction. Service is just as important as anything else in a tractor and if I have an amazing tractor but my dealer is garbage then that isn’t worth much in the long run. Best of luck to everyone with any orange tractor!
I continue to hear about the price difference between Kubota and Kioti yet, in my area, the prices are identical for comparative equipment.

I’ve shopped both brands for each tractor purchase and it’s always roughly the same pricing. I simply don’t understand these post/threads.

My only guess is that Kioti pricing varies wildly depending on the area.

Mike

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I researched EVERY brand of tractor for a couple of years before buying a Kubota last fall. However Kioti was second on my list so chances are you will be happy for many years. They make a fine tractor! For me it was clear it was going to be orange one way or the other. I'll be upgrading to a larger heavier tractor in a year of two and I hope......maybe wishful thinking that Kubota will update their L series. Better seat, armrest options, better loader capacity. Seems like a L series update can't be to far out on the horizon.

To the point of price though I am not convinced that Kubota deserves the reputation so many seem to think. What I am convinced of is that many people don't seriously shop all dealers within a reasonable drive that can provide service and explore all promotions / incentives that you can take advantage of through Kubota. I was blown away though at how big of a price difference I saw from the 4 Kubota dealers within an hour of me. May take some extra legwork / research etc but I paid less for my Kubota than a new comparable Kioti. Just got to shop around because Kubota pricing is all over the board from one dealer to the next.

Congrats again on the Kioti, sure you will enjoy it!
I think that one of the reasons that Kubota holds a good resale value is dealer networks and parts availability. Kubota and JD dealerships are ubiquitous and so is parts availability. Kioti is a fine tractor but dealerships are sparse in many parts of the country.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I looked at a Kioti RX7320 last year. I test drove a customer's tractor and was kind of surprised at how rough it was for
I think that one of the reasons that Kubota holds a good resale value is dealer networks and parts availability. Kubota and JD dealerships are ubiquitous and so is parts availability. Kioti is a fine tractor but dealerships are sparse in many parts of the country.
I test drove a Kioti RX7320 last year and the "dealership" up here is literally a shed with a small office and small work area. There was one guy working out back on a tractor, and even though the salesman was very knowledgeable and very nice, there was no way I was going to buy a Kioti with virtually no support up here. A friend has a TYM and really likes it.

I live 3 miles from the local Kubota dealer and drove the M6060 over this morning to have wheel weights installed. The facility is nice, they have excellent sales staff and technicians and top shelf products so it's Kubota all the way for me.

Reactions: 2 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I'll bite this line.

In the late 1960's and early 70's I collected farm toys. I had JD, International, Allis-Chalmers and other steel toy tractors with steel functional implements. It was was pretty cool stuff. Today those are collectables. I was a JD fan and couldn't wait to become a man, and get my first property and a John Deere Tractor. I still love JD.

In the mid to late 70's my pops bought a Kubota B7100. I was 15 years old. I was crushed. It wasn't a Deere.

But it was 4WD, and I had a thing for mechanical capability and anything 4WD. Kubota was a relatively new company in the USA and although Yanmar and others were popular overseas, Kubota made a larger marketing effort to bring subcompact and compact tractors to America. My Pop told me; JD doesn't make subcompact tractors. It was true. They made lawn and garden tractor / lawn mowers, and then their line jumped up to construction skip loaders. Deere had nothing small with a heavy steel frame, 4wd, and cast-iron axles and transmission. The only closest thing was Bobcat skid steer but they were primarily just loaders that could spin on a dime. The whole market of skid steers and skid steer implements that we see today, didn't exist. Not even close.

That being said, My Pop's took a chance on a Japanese tractor company, called Kubota, and that machine was a game changer. It was kinda like taking a chance now, on a Mahindra, Tym, Kioti, Bad Boy, Summit, etc.

Capitalism brings freedom and choice. Who's to say that Kubota could get knocked off the top by a Korean company. Competition is good. It's good for the consumer.

The difference to me is, I was brought up in the seat of a Kubota. I, personally put over 900 hours in the saddle on that small beast between the age of 15 and 18. I started a tractor business. I learned volumes about tractors, implements, people, customer service, and doing the right thing for the sake of my family and my customers. i cannot thank my father enough for instilling in me the dedication to good tools that make you money and make people happy. And also to giving thanks to the Lord for our life and its experiences.

I now, have been blessed by God with a forest property, and my very own new Kubota. When tractor shopping, my wife asked: What about John Deere or those red and silver ones that are so inexpensive? I explained, again, my history. She said, It's Kubota or nothing then.

So, to some of us, threads about other makes is almost blasphemy. After all, this is a Kubota forum.

I do appreciate and see the validity in what other tractor brands are doing. Knowledge is power.

But, I personally and Respectfully to the OP. Can't see myself going to a Ford Super Duty website if I sold my F250, and posting about my new RAM, Chevy, etc.

I hope that your new Kioti is all that you want it to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users