Tractor Supply Price Shenanigans

Raymo853

Equipment
LX2610SU
Jun 26, 2019
Dorset, VA
Had plans to get a EA box blade, but the wait times convinced me to look for alternatives. Decided the County Line/Tatar one made sense especially since Tractor Supply announced a 15% off all 3 point County Line implements starting Nov 24th.

Well I have now watched the price increase twice. First from $699.99 to $749.99 and now to $799.99. Will still be cheaper than the original price (679.99) unless they bump it another $50 tonight before the coupon becomes active.

Attachments

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Well, I'm not surprised. You should look for a used one anyway. I bought a 6 footer from a guy who listed it on Craigslist for $300. I assume you're close to Richmond. I went to Richmond Craigslist and found this one. You can even haggle on the price. You might want to look on Facebook as well if you use it. I don't.

Reactions: 1 user

Raymo853

Equipment
LX2610SU
Jun 26, 2019
Dorset, VA
Well, I'm not surprised. You should look for a used one anyway. I bought a 6 footer from a guy who listed it on Craigslist for $300. I assume you're close to Richmond. I went to Richmond Craigslist and found this one. You can even haggle on the price. You might want to look on Facebook as well if you use it. I don't.

I saw that one, but decided the original TSC price with the 15% off ($595) made thinking a used one for just $45 less made no sense. Now I am thinking it does make sense.

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
You still have to pay tax at Tractor Supply. Craigslist, no tax. The guy would most likely take less. I'd offer $500 and go from there. I think the used one looks to have a stronger 3 point assembly anyway. I have read County Line stuff can be pretty light duty.

Raymo853

Equipment
LX2610SU
Jun 26, 2019
Dorset, VA
You still have to pay tax at Tractor Supply. Craigslist, no tax. The guy would most likely take less. I'd offer $500 and go from there. I think the used one looks to have a stronger 3 point assembly anyway. I have read County Line stuff can be pretty light duty.
That specific Craigslist ad is by a dealer, Sam Long, so he will have to charge sales tax. He sells a lot of stuff.

He also sells Titan box blades. May get one of those.

Last edited:

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I will chime in here because I own this exact box blade. I got my L2501 tractor in may 2019 along with some quick hitch and root rake and bucket and such. I wanted a box blade, and elected to go with the cheaper TSC option over a more expensive name brand option. I have 13 acres. I use the box blade sparingly on all sorts of little jobs on the property, and I didnt want to invest a ton of money on something that will be used here and there. Ive used this box blade now for over a year and a half, and it is one of the exceptions to the county line tractor attachments. I typically wouldnt buy county line attachments for something like a mower or rototiller. They come with cheap chinese gear boxes, also things like the disc harrow when I was in the market for one of those, the county line ones are light duty, made with angle iron. Their box blade though is farily solid. Its just a lot of welded steel, so as long as the welds are good it should be ok. I looked it over good. Ive drug mine all through the woods, snagged it on roots and all sorts. Backed it into trees a few times clearing land. It has held up perfectly. Ive not had a single negative issue with it. No welds have broken or cracked. It still mostly looks like it did when I left the store with it, and I keep it right outside in the rain and weather. It is quick hitch compatible as well, so works with my QH15 just fine.

Compared to the Land Pride options, you really don't see the gap on the box blades like you do other pieces of equipment. For example the County line option here is 395lbs. Two land pride options at the same 5 foot width are the BB1260 and the BB1560, those are 346lbs, and 428lbs, respectively. Also the county line has 5 shanks on the 5 foot box blade while the land pride only has 4 shanks. When you compare the two side by side, look at the welds, the gauge of steel, the scraping blade, etc....The county line is very comparable. I would argue the Countyline may be even better than the BB1260. The BB1260 goes for about $750 or so I believe. The BB1560 is a bigger 5 foot box blade (more capacity, so the box is larger), but it goes for over $1,000 and is only 33lbs heavier. These things are nothing but steel welded together so weight is a good spec sheet judge of what you're getting. I dunno, when I done this comparison back in 2019 I chose the county line option to save money, and I feel I made the right choice. If I was going to use a box blade heavily though, I might would go with something diferent, but for the odd job here and there, and just as a general counter weight for loader work, it works great.

Reactions: 1 user

Raymo853

Equipment
LX2610SU
Jun 26, 2019
Dorset, VA
HOLY MACKEREL, I found how to game the TSC system. I made my home store Madison Wisc and that then changed my prices to their price. I made the pickup store as my local one and was able to buy it for just $586.

I know the Everything Attachments units are better,but being able to use it tomorrow and for $300 less, I could not resist.

Reactions: 1 users

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I believe that TSC also has a 30 day return policy for full refund even if you have used it for what ever reason. I purchased a 3 pt sub soiler and the manager told me someone had purchased the unit, used it and returned it for a full refund, store sold it to me at a big discount as it was used!

I think you got a deal and agree better to buy this model than a rusty used one with little to no savings. Play with your top link length for different results with box blade.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
That home store trick is interesting and may not be around long lol

Good luck.

Bucky Badger

Equipment
BX2660
Mar 17, 2017
Madison
HOLY MACKEREL, I found how to game the TSC system. I made my home store Madison Wisc and that then changed my prices to their price. I made the pickup store as my local one and was able to buy it for just $586.

I know the Everything Attachments units are better,but being able to use it tomorrow and for $300 less, I could not resist.
Glad it worked out for you

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Nice! Glad you got it all worked out and saved some money. Much of what Tractor Supply sells is WAY overpriced anyway. They just built a store here. I often use price match with them and that has saved me money. Their spray paint, for example is double what Home Depot charges across the street.

Raymo853

Equipment
LX2610SU
Jun 26, 2019
Dorset, VA
Nice! Glad you got it all worked out and saved some money. Much of what Tractor Supply sells is WAY overpriced anyway. They just built a store here. I often use price match with them and that has saved me money. Their spray paint, for example is double what Home Depot charges across the street.
Just got home with the County Line/Tartar 5 foot box for $586.49. The TSC guy helping me load it had sold the other one last night for $679.99 and thought that was a good price.

1606320145828.png

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Our TSC store here is a little spendy also, but when you only need a small item and need it now, it's nice to be able to walk in, purchase, and be back on the road in just a minute or two. Fighting the crowds in the big box stores is no fun. And I always wind up behind people in the check out lane with oodles of small items that weren't noticeable and they'll sit and watch each item being rung up. Then only at the very end do they figure out that they need to get their checkbook out and start writing after they've shown the cashier pictures of their grandkids. :mad: LOL!!

Raymo853

Equipment
LX2610SU
Jun 26, 2019
Dorset, VA
I will chime in here because I own this exact box blade. I got my L2501 tractor in may 2019 along with some quick hitch and root rake and bucket and such. I wanted a box blade, and elected to go with the cheaper TSC option over a more expensive name brand option. I have 13 acres. I use the box blade sparingly on all sorts of little jobs on the property, and I didnt want to invest a ton of money on something that will be used here and there. Ive used this box blade now for over a year and a half, and it is one of the exceptions to the county line tractor attachments. I typically wouldnt buy county line attachments for something like a mower or rototiller. They come with cheap chinese gear boxes, also things like the disc harrow when I was in the market for one of those, the county line ones are light duty, made with angle iron. Their box blade though is farily solid. Its just a lot of welded steel, so as long as the welds are good it should be ok. I looked it over good. Ive drug mine all through the woods, snagged it on roots and all sorts. Backed it into trees a few times clearing land. It has held up perfectly. Ive not had a single negative issue with it. No welds have broken or cracked. It still mostly looks like it did when I left the store with it, and I keep it right outside in the rain and weather. It is quick hitch compatible as well, so works with my QH15 just fine.

Compared to the Land Pride options, you really don't see the gap on the box blades like you do other pieces of equipment. For example the County line option here is 395lbs. Two land pride options at the same 5 foot width are the BB1260 and the BB1560, those are 346lbs, and 428lbs, respectively. Also the county line has 5 shanks on the 5 foot box blade while the land pride only has 4 shanks. When you compare the two side by side, look at the welds, the gauge of steel, the scraping blade, etc....The county line is very comparable. I would argue the Countyline may be even better than the BB1260. The BB1260 goes for about $750 or so I believe. The BB1560 is a bigger 5 foot box blade (more capacity, so the box is larger), but it goes for over $1,000 and is only 33lbs heavier. These things are nothing but steel welded together so weight is a good spec sheet judge of what you're getting. I dunno, when I done this comparison back in 2019 I chose the county line option to save money, and I feel I made the right choice. If I was going to use a box blade heavily though, I might would go with something diferent, but for the odd job here and there, and just as a general counter weight for loader work, it works great
By the way, your post tipped me to getting the County Line.

rAzkid

Equipment
BX2200D, LX3310, FEL, MMM, PF, rear mount snowblower
Nov 6, 2020
MA
I wish I lived near you! In MA it's $679.99! There is also a $122 shipping charge for ship to store or home option!

Attachments

Last edited: