Tractor Supply 4' bush hog vs their SC bush hog

Brian

Equipment
BX 25
Nov 7, 2010
New York State
Looking at the following. One is regular 4' bush hog and the other is supposedly for the Sub Compacts; its in almost Kubota Orange.
the SC says Category 1 3 pt hitch and the 4' reg bush hog has a Cat. 1; weight Is within a few pounds. the SC has a front guard.

the big difference appears to be that the SC model has twin rear wheels and the 4' bush hog has a single centrally located wheel.
anyone have any experience with either? its not the 50.00 difference, its which will perform best and if those twin wheels are good or bad.
Please provide any input or opinions.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-rotary-cutter-4-ft-w

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-rotary-cutter-sub-compact-4-ft-w?cm_vc=IOPDP1

Last edited:

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
If the weights are nearly equal, I'd go with the single wheel construction, IMHO, its stronger, and 1 less fitting to grease...:D:D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Reading up on both......
the double wheel has no adjustment, the single does.
One said that (double wheel) "Bought and will return. Quality OK, but 3 point pins are 26 inches apart and Kubota BX1500 hitch only stretches to 24 and forcing it, 25, inches."

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Reading up on both......
the double wheel has no adjustment, the single does.
One said that (double wheel) "Bought and will return. Quality OK, but 3 point pins are 26 inches apart and Kubota BX1500 hitch only stretches to 24 and forcing it, 25, inches."
You COULD reverse the pins, but Like I said, I still prefer the 1 wheeler, cause its i less part, and only makes one rut, when dragging through a wet spot...:D:D