Tractor shutting off!

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Super easy and costs you nothing but time to check the (removable) rad screen (and rad !)
Only takes a minute.

Also, only takes xx minutes to clog it up, depending on what you're doing.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Of course, a plugged air filter will cause any engine to stall.

A clogged radiator screen will typically cause an overheating problem.

I’m truly guessing that cleaning the air filter had nothing to do with the stalling of the tractor.

It only ran 10 minutes after cleaning, so it apparently wasn’t the root cause of the problem.

Certainly a fuel delivery or contamination problem(s) are viable possibilities. With a Brand New tractor (a few months old), I question the probability. Certainly an inoperable lift pump (if equipped) could cause a similar issue.

To me, insufficient information is given to make a good guess as to the problem and is way beyond my ability or experience for such a highly technical machine. Heck, is it an ECM issue causing the problem??

I also don’t like to make guesses that send someone on a wild goose chase.

It could be something simple. Maybe it’s not.

Trust me, not being critical of anyone’s attempts at help. Just think we could all be swinging for the fences in doing so.

At 50 hours and a few months old, I think the dealership should figure it out. JMHO.

Last edited:

Billy G

Equipment
Kubota L6060 50th Anniversary
Jul 3, 2023
South Carolina
Shouldn’t be the air filter. It’s got an inner and an outer, correct? As well as a negative presser indicator?

How’s the screen in front of the radiator look?

Long ago when my L was still new, I overheated it without realizing it until the dash told me rolling some messages. I was brush hogging and grass, seeds etc plugged up the radiator screen. After I cleaned the screen, it had me idle the engine for a while before it was cooled down enough and good to go again. I sort of think it might have powered out and shut itself down when it overheated.
That was the first thing I checked, just in case. Its clean and the little one is clean as well. Temp never increased.

Billy G

Equipment
Jul 3, 2023
South Carolina
Of course, a plugged air filter will cause any engine to stall.

A clogged radiator screen will typically cause an overheating problem.

I’m truly guessing that cleaning the air filter had nothing to do with the stalling of the tractor.

It only ran 10 minutes after cleaning, so it apparently wasn’t the root cause of the problem.

Certainly a fuel delivery or contamination problem(s) are viable possibilities. With a Brand New tractor (a few months old), I question the probability. Certainly an inoperable lift pump (if equipped) could cause a similar issue.

To me, insufficient information is given to make a good guess as to the problem and is way beyond my ability or experience for such a highly technical machine. Heck, is it an ECM issue causing the problem??

I also don’t like to make guesses that send someone on a wild goose chase.

It could be something simple. Maybe it’s not.

Trust me, not being critical of anyone’s attempts at help. Just think we could all be swinging for the fences in doing so.

At 50 hours and a few months old, I think the dealership should figure it out. JMHO.
I appreciate you taking the time to think through it for me. I also completely understand not wanting to "guess". I working through it slowly trying to make sure I do not miss anything.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I appreciate you taking the time to think through it for me. I also completely understand not wanting to "guess". I working through it slowly trying to make sure I do not miss anything.
Billy - thanks for that.

My kid had a Nissan Rogue that would periodically quit. He bought it used through a wholesale auction.

With the help of @Fordtech86 here on OTT, we figured it likely had a problem with the wiring harness….maybe a previous accident? Something would occasionally ground out, and it’d quit. Sometimes would be fine for weeks. Fix was to trade it.

Believe me, not suggesting you have a similar problem. I don’t want to send you chasing things that may be out of your ability to fix.

Our folks here at OTT are very willing to help any way they can. What makes this forum a great place with great people.

Guess my message is just that “I’m out…”.

Best wishes. I truly and sincerely hope you find an easy fix!😉

Last edited:

Billy G

Equipment
Jul 3, 2023
South Carolina
Billy - thanks for that.

My kid had a Nissan Rogue that would periodically quit. He bought it used through a wholesale auction.

With the help of @Fordtech86 here on OTT, we figured it likely had a problem with the wiring harness….maybe a previous accident? Something would occasionally ground out, and it’d quit. Sometimes would be fine for weeks. Fix was to trade it.

Believe me, not suggesting you have a similar problem. I don’t want to send you chasing things that may be out of your ability to fix.

Our folks here at OTT are very willing to help any way they can. What makes this forum a great place with great people.

Guess my message is just that “I’m out…”.

Best wishes. I truly and sincerely hope you find an easy fix!😉
Yea you guys genuinely try to help each other. Not a lot of snide comments. I've been reading OTT since I purchased my tractor. I decided to join b/c everyone seems so willing to help. You never know where your help is going to come from so I appreciate any and everyone that has taken a look and tried to assist. And I'm sure there are those out there like me that probably don't have a clue. That's why I tend to keep my mouth shut if I can't offer anything beneficial to the issue at hand haha.

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
Hey BillyG, I have been researching this problem a LOT also. The surging/dying engine has been an issue a few times on my 2022 L6060 also. Mine only has <200hrs on it. Always fresh fuel, no problem with fuel filter/water/algae, etc. But there are a ton of people with L6060's who talk about this issue. I was mowing 15 acres yesterday and it happened again. It's happened once or twice before in prior weeks but tractor never died those times. Nothing noteworthy about my circumstances. I let the tractor sit for a while, start up, and run again for maybe 20 minutes. It died again. I let the tractor sit for about 15 minutes (was a long way from the truck) and it started right up and ran fine for TWO HOURS until I was done! I mowed for 4 hours earlier in the week and no hiccups then either. It's hard to believe it has to do with anything getting hot or a problem with the fuel pump/filter/etc. This sort of intermittent problem is so hard to solve but it does bring to mine something like debris that may or may not move into the wrong place and block fuel flow. I did read a thread somewhere else where the baffle (check-valve?) that runs between the two main fuel reservoirs has come loose and occasionally blocked fuel flow. In some ways that seems unlikely but it should would explain the intermittent nature of the problem. Does this bring to mind any new ideas for you? I'm going to blow out the elbows at the fuel filter today but since it ran fine for two hours, it's hard to believe that is the issue. I really don't want to drain and drop the fuel tanks to inspect inside them but that might be next.

Last edited: