tractor security and dealing with possible theft.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Good deal, bad part is he will be out in 6 months doing his thing all over again. Hope your Pap gets everything back like it was

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hmmm aint there some place in the middle east where they take the whole hand?

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Skeets, you missed it by over 5 mnths. He got out today on bond and they did not charge him with the theft because they ((could not prove it)) . Hope he doesn't come back, Daddy will shoot him, he's an old redneck.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
And to keep this on subject track,,, Dad does have a tractor next to his house. Guess we'll have to rig a secret fuel shutoff on it.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
I hate thieves, luckily I haven't had the problem yet, but never say never. When I worked down in Charlotte, NC we had a few kx1213 track hoes. The company had a few stolen and started taking all of the main fuses out every night. What I do in my garage is set a few traps, just don't forget they are there! Find yourself a few good sized traps and cover them with a rag and some bait on top. A nice shiny tool or something that they would want, they go to grab it and pow! Not only will you have finger prints and some DNA, you may get the whole hand! Set some trip wires and make sure they have something sharp and pointy to land on. Maybe some plywood with sharp nails covered up. I like that pepper spray in the cab setup, that's pretty slick. Lye in a powder form, inside a balloon, rigged to a trap could do some serious damage. Ok I'll stop, but I hate scum bags. :D

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Ohh yeah forgot to add.... Hang a few signs that say Danger Keep Out Serious Injury Or Death Could Occur Beyond This Point. Take a picture of it for your records in case you catch one so they can't sue you. :D

Garandman

Equipment
L3200, SSQA bucket, pallet forks, Ratchet Rake, Wallenstein BX42s chipper
Sep 1, 2014
Boston / Sullivan County NH
Yeah but the scumbags even find their ways out to the sticks too,, I just hope I find the scumbags before the cops do,,, wait I didn't say that out loud did I?
We have offices in MA and NH and most of our equipment losses are in NH "Because that doesn't happen here." Meth heads, pill poppers and heroin addicts are everywhere.

You dhould be able to "Box in" a tractor to make it difficult to get. As an example, when I park in a garage I put valuables in the trunk, then back right up to the wall.

I have a wireless game camera that downloads pictures and sends me a text message when it is triggered. The pics are good enough to read license plates.

Fraste89

Equipment
L3800
Oct 8, 2014
Houston, tx.
YEP! I agree chains and locks only keep the honest people... honest! If a theif wants it bad enough they'll figure out a way to get it. There is NO 100% sure fire way to prevent theft, only ways to recover the stolen item faster.

A hidden battery kill switch MAY slow them down and deter them for a while...
For theft, I installed a hidden heavy duty toggle switch in the fuel shut off wiring to the fuel solenoid at the front of the fuel pump area. Both leads to solenoid are positive 12 volts. To keep someone with another Kubota key from getting on it and quickly driving it off.....The engine turns over, but won't run... Bought the switch at Home Depot....