Tractor rookie mistake on attachment

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Ok, I f’ed. so need some professional advice. I ordered a toro land plane attachment for my 1880.

so now I have to decide how to proceed. Could send it back. 20% restocking fee from Titan plus the cost of shipping this heavy beast back. Or, buy the attachment that should work. It’s actually cheaper for this and what I bought vs buying the right one for my tractor.

Or, buy the mounting plate and find a welder. But this mounting plate is a couple inches bigger than the back plate.

thought about trying to sell it but doubt there are that many mini skid steers out there. So, what would be the best way forward? Am leaning toward the the adapter to make this work. Still cheaper (total cost) than buying one for the tractor that works on my quick attach. Appreciate your assistance on this mistake. Thanks.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Ok, I f’ed. so need some professional advice. I ordered a toro land plane attachment for my 1880.

so now I have to decide how to proceed. Could send it back. 20% restocking fee from Titan plus the cost of shipping this heavy beast back. Or, buy the attachment that should work. It’s actually cheaper for this and what I bought vs buying the right one for my tractor.

Or, buy the mounting plate and find a welder. But this mounting plate is a couple inches bigger than the back plate.

thought about trying to sell it but doubt there are that many mini skid steers out there. So, what would be the best way forward? Am leaning toward the the adapter to make this work. Still cheaper (total cost) than buying one for the tractor that works on my quick attach. Appreciate your assistance on this mistake. Thanks.
IMHO.....buy the correct one for your tractor.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
#2, buy the mtg plate ($170) and get a welder to join the two together($200 ?)
#1 is a $650 adapter,so costs more AND adds weight

sadly it'll cost you a few bucks, time

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sadly on a loader on a tractor your not going to be happy with how that operates!
A landplane like that is much better on a skid steer!
that's the reason you don't see it listed under tractor implements.
On a tractor your going to have a heck of a time steering once it gets material in it.
A tractor is much better with a three point landplane.
Sell it and move on. ;)
This is really the style you should get.

Reactions: 2 users

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
If you don't want to return it find a welder & turn it into one for a 3pt & add some weight to it .
animal

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
NIW is correct, that isn’t going to work worth anything on a SCUT loader.

animals45 has your answer. Rig up a hitch for the 3 point and use it on the back where it belongs. Unlike most other hitches, 3 points are quite forgiving on dimensions unless you’re trying to make it quick hitch compatible so even a hack like me can fab up a hitch on an implement sufficient for a 3 point on a SCUT.

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Since you have nothing to lose at this point;

Call Titan with hat in hand, explain what happened, and politely ask them if they will they forgive the 20%, if you buy the correct one from them.

They might even be able to save you some money on shipping too.

Either way I would probably just ship it back and get the correct one. No muss, no fuss.

Reactions: 5 users

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Since you have nothing to lose at this point;

Call Titan with hat in hand, explain what happened, and politely ask them if they will they forgive the 20%, if you buy the correct one from them.

They might even be able to save you some money on shipping too.

Either way I would probably just ship it back and get the correct one. No muss, no fuss.
Nope. Already tried. Funny thing is, they sent one part of it and the other part came a month later. I tried to get them to not ship the other part and return the part I had without 20% restocking fee. Wouldn't go for it.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
NIW is correct, that isn’t going to work worth anything on a SCUT loader.

animals45 has your answer. Rig up a hitch for the 3 point and use it on the back where it belongs. Unlike most other hitches, 3 points are quite forgiving on dimensions unless you’re trying to make it quick hitch compatible so even a hack like me can fab up a hitch on an implement sufficient for a 3 point on a SCUT.
Have thought about a 3 point hitch. Will look into that more. Thanks.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Sadly on a loader on a tractor your not going to be happy with how that operates!
A landplane like that is much better on a skid steer!
that's the reason you don't see it listed under tractor implements.
On a tractor your going to have a heck of a time steering once it gets material in it.
A tractor is much better with a three point landplane.
Sell it and move on. ;)
This is really the style you should get.
Have looked at one of those lately. But until I decide on this issue, can't purchase anything yet.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Have looked at one of those lately. But until I decide on this issue, can't purchase anything yet.
Time now to bite the bullet, and pay the 20% restocking fee.
Get rid of the thing, and get the proper tool for the job.

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I’d offer that after you modify it, there will be no chance to restock even at small loss. Yes the re stock sucks…they have been very responsive in my correspondence…I’d send a email and see how they can help, you might be surprised. The loss(restock) in this case is your sunk cost. Once you modify it, if it doesn’t work, your sunk cost is going to increase more than the restock fee. I don’t think the modification would be free either, not to mention that may not work as you hoped. Good luck.

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
ANIMALS Got the best Solution Im thinking a couple of pieces of angle iron & hardware bolt to what you have convert to a 3 point mount .

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I’d offer that after you modify it, there will be no chance to restock even at small loss. Yes the re stock sucks…they have been very responsive in my correspondence…I’d send a email and see how they can help, you might be surprised. The loss(restock) in this case is your sunk cost. Once you modify it, if it doesn’t work, your sunk cost is going to increase more than the restock fee. I don’t think the modification would be free either, not to mention that may not work as you hoped. Good luck.
AGREED!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You will need to add skis to that model for it to work as a three point unit.
The blades should hang down 1/4 below the skis.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
They will have to be made, welder will be able to come up with something.
Need a 2" or greater wide landing, I beam or box beam works good for this.