Tractor ran 50' and Stopped

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
You can see by all the varying responses that even we aren't certain it's a fuel problem. There is no way the dealer can diagnose this over the phone. Have them send someone out to take a look. The worst you get is a $50-$100 bill for a service call that will drain your fuel and put new stuff in. It will be a learning opportunity for you so you can have the mechanic explain the entire troubleshooting process and show how to drain the fuel. In my book that would be worth the money to me as I'd know what to do in the future. However he also might find it's a warranty issue and then he's right there to figure it out.

You have a cheaper route, see if you have a neighbor you trust that is tractor friendly and can look it over. You're new to this and there is a learning curve but once you know it, it will be old hat. Gender means nothing to these tractors or to the forum folks here. We like our Orange Tractors, but like all tractors, so that's the focus.

If you are willing to work with the folks on the forum here, we can eventually walk you to a solution, but it will take much longer than the dealer or a neighbor.

Pocolilli16

Aug 22, 2015
Tellico Plains, Tn
I'm already feeling secure just knowing so many folks here are so helpful! En Teng, my husband passed away soon after his retirement and within weeks of living on the farm :(. I have 33 acres dogs and horses in a very rural area. I'm from NJ a Jersey shore girl (south). Tractors are new to me.

When the mechanic calls I'll ask him if they could just work on the farm instead of bringing the tow truck. Seems like it would be easier, but probably less profit :D. I will continue to read the manual and watch YouTube videos. My neighbor did come out only to tell me the 63 h was an error code...I noticed that mistake the next day when I tried to start it::eek:. I thx y'all again!

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
So if 63 h is the error code, what does the meter read for hours on the unit?

The meter will look something like this one on Hefty2000's unit:

It should have something that says "hours" next to it.

Pocolilli16

Aug 22, 2015
Tellico Plains, Tn
Well, after coming back from my mini vaca I finally had to have the dealership pick up my tractor. I replaced the fuel and cleaned the filter only to have it not start. Didn't know that because I "lightly" use my tractor algae grew in the tank...who woulda thunk! Live and learn in my tractor yrs ***128527;

Thank everyone for your help.