Tractor function.

Orange-U-Nice

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST 4WD, Kubota ZG327, JD X728, JD 4600, Honda Foreman 400
Jan 6, 2013
Stanardsville, Virginia
Got the new-to-me B7100 cleaned, greased and checked out the other day, then took it for a spin cutting some grass in my field. Its operation was very good, it ran smoothly and feels like a gutsy like tyke. Looks like I have a leak in the radiator but it never overheated so I will check that out some other time.

The tractor has hydrostatic drive and I noticed when moving forward and removing my foot from the forward pedal it slows way down but does not actually come to a stop until I tap the rearward pedal just a touch. Is that normal?

Should the clutch always be disengaged for a momentary stop which also disengages the blades?

The grease fitting for the pedals was greased.

Bill

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
When stopping, I sometimes have to tap the opposite direction of the pedal. That's normal on mine.
I don't push in the clutch for momentary stops. If I need to, I will just pop the hi-low shifter into neutral.

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Not unusual at all. My lawnmower does the same thing. You can probably fix it by adjusting the linkage but that's a lot like work so just tap the pedal in the reverse direction like everyone else :)

That pedal controls the direction of flow of the drive pump and it's likely wear has caused the neutral position of the pump to go out of phase with the rest position on the pedal.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My BX will do that some times too,,,try clening all the gunk out underneath that helpd some times

Orange-U-Nice

Equipment
Jan 6, 2013
Stanardsville, Virginia
Glad to hear I'm not alone on this one. Thanks for the information.

I'm sure I will have more to ask and to share ideas as I use the machine more and more.

Bill

OkieDavid

Equipment
L 3010
Aug 29, 2012
Valliant, OK
Manual will tell you the pedal creep is a factory tech adjustment but it's really easy to adjust. With the engine off of course....Locate the adjuster rod by operating the pedal and viewing from under the tractor. Loosen the linkage lock nut and give her a twist....one way makes it worse, one way fixes it....retighten linkage lock nut.

Or just tap it backwards until you get tired of it.

Orange-U-Nice

Equipment
Jan 6, 2013
Stanardsville, Virginia
Manual will tell you the pedal creep is a factory tech adjustment but it's really easy to adjust. With the engine off of course....Locate the adjuster rod by operating the pedal and viewing from under the tractor. Loosen the linkage lock nut and give her a twist....one way makes it worse, one way fixes it....retighten linkage lock nut.

Or just tap it backwards until you get tired of it.
Thanks, OkieDavid.... I think I'll go the adjustment route which will have to wait for a few days since we are under a winter storm warning until Friday night.

Winter has finally arrived, I knew the mild weather couldn't last much longer.

Bill