Tractor down payment back?

gaby68

Apr 8, 2012
Ontario
My first email here and already need advice.
Two weeks ago I put the down payment (3000$) for an L3800HST with FEL, R4 loaded tires (21,000$). The dealer didn’t have it in stock so they order one from another dealer and in couple of days they prepared one for me in specially I agree to have a different bucket with tooth bar installed. Before delivering to my farm I said, let's do a quick inspection at dealer location. During the inspection I checked the 3pth based on info found on internet and unfortunately the tractor was jerky quite bad so I mentioned this to him. They took almost a week to try to adjust the 3pth and after that the 3pth is smooth up and down but is moving up a little bit and then down every time when the FEL is used, so I said this is not safe at all. Now I’m thinking to switch to another model if we can agree to the price or move to other brand and take the down payment back. My question is: can the dealer say I can’t switch my mind and I can’t have the down payment back?
Thanks.

E/S

Equipment
2009 M8540HDC 4x4 w/ Cab
Jan 6, 2010
Reno, NV
That all depends on the contract you signed and whether or not it is worth the dealers while to do so.
Read your agreement.

E/S

gaby68

Apr 8, 2012
Ontario
That all depends on the contract you signed and whether or not it is worth the dealers while to do so.
Read your agreement.
E/S
Perfectly agree as long a product is working properly, but in the case of L3800 the jerky 3pth is a design flaw.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Kind of wondering why you asked for an opinion if you seem to already have your mind made up.

The jerky hitch has been an issues with the L Series as long as I have been reading about them and some dealers refuse to accept or acknowledge it as a "design flaw". Kubota has not done so, not ordered a recall or repair, so you are pretty well stuck in a situation such as described by E/S.

You really need to read your sales contract and try to work with your dealer to come up with something agreeable, but if you can't, whether you can do anything else is only going to be an "opinion".

gaby68

Apr 8, 2012
Ontario
Kind of wondering why you asked for an opinion if you seem to already have your mind made up.

The jerky hitch has been an issues with the L Series as long as I have been reading about them and some dealers refuse to accept or acknowledge it as a "design flaw". Kubota has not done so, not ordered a recall or repair, so you are pretty well stuck in a situation such as described by E/S.

You really need to read your sales contract and try to work with your dealer to come up with something agreeable, but if you can't, whether you can do anything else is only going to be an "opinion".
TripleR, the question is: "can the dealer say I can’t switch my mind and I can’t have the down payment back?" and nothing more.

dkizerian

Feb 2, 2012
Erda, Utah
TripleR, the question is: "can the dealer say I can’t switch my mind and I can’t have the down payment back?" and nothing more.
He answered it with this
Nobody here knows what you signed, and you're not telling us IF the dealer is working with you or not, or if you've even taked to them yet.

gaby68

Apr 8, 2012
Ontario
dkizerian: My reply to TripleR was refering to his first sentence: "Kind of wondering why you asked for an opinion if you seem to already have your mind made up." I applogize beeing litle bit crude.

Last update: the dealer is working with Kubota Canada to try and find a solution for this "jerky" 3 pth. Hope they will find one. I'll keep you informed.

dkizerian

Feb 2, 2012
Erda, Utah
I'd have a hard time taking delivery of a tractor with the jerky 3pt, the youtube videos make it look Horrible!

I hope they can either find you a new tractor, fix/adjust that one (make sure you try it with weight on it), or just let you out of the deal...

Good luck!

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I'm going to have to look into this. My grand L has never had a jerk in the hitch. Smooth as can be after 1150 hrs. Never heard of this as an issue until now.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Is it my imagination or did Grand "L" not have these issues?

gaby68

Apr 8, 2012
Ontario
I'm going to have to look into this. My grand L has never had a jerk in the hitch. Smooth as can be after 1150 hrs. Never heard of this as an issue until now.
As far as I read after hapened to me, this problem affects just some models from L standard series as L3200/L3400/L3800. No complain from grand L users. I found on other forum lots of threads regarding this issue and even on this forum:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ng/233308-l3400-3-point-hitch-adjustment.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/231542-l3800-jerky-hitch-fixed.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/221524-l-series-jerky-3-point.html

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6516&highlight=jerky
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3568&highlight=jerky
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5193&highlight=jerky

etc., etc., etc........

mkc1962

Equipment
2012 L3200
May 17, 2011
Valley Grande, Alabama
My new L3200 also does NOT have this problem. I did question the dealer about the issue when I ordered mine. They took me back to the service dept. Service dept did say that on accasion they would get a unit that would do that. But, they also stated there was a way to adjust it out if it does. I drove to the dealer for a loaded test prior to delivery. No issues.

I also have the 66" LA524FEL and by no means does the 3pt do anything at all when I operate the bucket.