Toothbar for LA340 QA-bucket question

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
So the LA340’s QA bucket already has holes made into the edge of the bucket for an easy bolt-on cutting edge. Does anybody know if a company makes a tooth-bar that can use the holes that the bolt on cutting edge would use?

I have been looking around but haven’t found anyone who makes a toothbar that mounts like that, all of the toothbars require drilling two holes further up inside the bucket. (I have no issues doing that if I had to) but was curious if anyone has made a toothbar that can be mounted by simply using the existing Holes for the bolt on cutting edge for THIS particular bucket?

To me it just makes way more sense and I feel more people would be willing buying it knowing they can use the existing holes in thir QA-bucket to mount their toothbar vs drilling holes that may not even be nessessarry.

Thanks guys.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
The BXpanded bar works great. But I scrape snow and ice in the winter with my bucket. So I just removed it a couple weeks ago. In the spring it takes 10 minutes to bolt it back on.

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Buy the piranha and drill the 2 holes, it's a monster. You won't be sorry.

I deffienlty was planning on it but just was wondering if somebody has built one to specifically mount to the cutting edge of the LA340 bucket but I really don’t think anyone does.. surprising to me tho that nobody has done this.

So when buying the piranha tooth bar for my QA bucket which toothbar should I select? Should I go by the actual inside size of my bucket or do I just select “for bx series”?

The issue i have with their toothbar is I don’t know how well it will fit on my new style QA-bucket because since my bucket edge is made to have a bolt on bucket edge the bucket edge is thinner (I believe) and the front edge of the bucket has holes in it and is shaped slightly different than all the older bx buckets were..

I just don’t want to spend 250+ on this toothbar if it’s not going to be an exact/very good fit..

I might have to shoot BXpanded an email and ask but this was one of the reasons I wanted to make this thread and ask about a QA-bucket specific toothbar to see if anybody knew of another toothbar or manufacturer who makes one specific for the LA340 buckets.

Thanks for the info man, I have heard nothing but amazing things about the piranha toothbar and am exited to eventually get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

95Mustang

Sep 18, 2018
Franklin new Hampshire usa
You need the kubota hard edge on the bucket .
Then when you order the pirhanna bar for bx
(Just order the bx bar)
It's made to fit over the kubota wear bar it works perfect on my la340 qa loader bucket

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
You need the kubota hard edge on the bucket .
Then when you order the pirhanna bar for bx
(Just order the bx bar)
It's made to fit over the kubota wear bar it works perfect on my la340 qa loader bucket

That’s a bummer.. so your telling me I have to spend 150-200$ on the Kubota bolt on cutting edge before I can even buy the toothbar? And then i need to spend another 250$ on the toothbar? That’s just crazy..

This is why I don’t get why somebody hasn’t come out with a specific tooth bar that will bolt right onto the 340 QA-bucket in place of the bolt on cutting edge..

In theory it should be very easy to do and just makes a lot more sense IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I think most buckets already have the necessary cutting edge on it. You don't need any other edge. If you want the pirhanna bar, order it...drill a hole on each side of your bucket and it's done.

That's what 95Mustang is telling you.