Tooth Bar Needed

Gecko76

Equipment
Kubota B2150 (1996) Front Loader
Jan 2, 2022
Setauket, NY
Looking for a 48" tooth Bar, BOLT ON for Kubota B2150 Bucket. Inside measures 48 1/2"

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Looking for a 48" tooth Bar, BOLT ON for Kubota B2150 Bucket. Inside measures 48 1/2"

I take that BXpanded is still 8 weeks out? Or has it got worse than 8 weeks?

SRRGC1

Equipment
BX1870-1, BX23S TLB, RTV XG850, MX5100DT
Jan 6, 2021
Bloomsburg
Bxpanded do make good products for their intended use. Just be careful when using a tooth bar as you can damage your loader cylinders. There are other companies that make tooth bars as well.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Bxpanded do make good products for their intended use. Just be careful when using a tooth bar as you can damage your loader cylinders. There are other companies that make tooth bars as well.
Curious as to how you can damage cylinders with a tooth bar versus no bar? Not arguing your post but if there's something I'm missing I want to know so I don't make that mistake.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I would be interested in how that happens also.:confused:

foobert

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 25, 2021
Washington
Curious as to how you can damage cylinders with a tooth bar versus no bar? Not arguing your post but if there's something I'm missing I want to know so I don't make that mistake.
The conventional wisdom oft repeated is if you try to drag/push material with the bucket in a mostly dumped position, the traction force of driving attempts to roll the bucket, causing much more pressure in the dump cylinder(s) than the system was designed for and you wreck your dump cylinder(s).

A tooth bar that extends farther out than the original edge only increases the length of the lever arm in such a regime, making it even easier to cause damage.

No first-hand experience, but seems plausible.

Reactions: 2 users

SRRGC1

Equipment
BX1870-1, BX23S TLB, RTV XG850, MX5100DT
Jan 6, 2021
Bloomsburg
No problem when doing normal loading of material and actually a tooth bar can help. If you try to dig hard pack OR back dragging you can bend the bucket cylinder rods. The farther out the rods are from the cylinder, the more chances for damage. You need to watch the bucket angle. This goes for any FEL, small or large. There are videos on this to show what NOT to do. The Kubota dealer I worked for would instruct customers the use of a tooth bar might affect the warranty if one was used on the FEL and damage resulted. Unsure if accurate or not, just saying. Check out the videos.

Reactions: 1 user

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
The conventional wisdom oft repeated is if you try to drag/push material with the bucket in a mostly dumped position, the traction force of driving attempts to roll the bucket, causing much more pressure in the dump cylinder(s) than the system was designed for and you wreck your dump cylinder(s).

A tooth bar that extends farther out than the original edge only increases the length of the lever arm in such a regime, making it even easier to cause damage.

No first-hand experience, but seems plausible.
👍
No problem when doing normal loading of material and actually a tooth bar can help. If you try to dig hard pack OR back dragging you can bend the bucket cylinder rods. The farther out the rods are from the cylinder, the more chances for damage. You need to watch the bucket angle. This goes for any FEL, small or large. There are videos on this to show what NOT to do. The Kubota dealer I worked for would instruct customers the use of a tooth bar might affect the warranty if one was used on the FEL and damage resulted. Unsure if accurate or not, just saying. Check out the videos.
Thanks STRRGC1, I have heard this for normal use of a bucket but never really thought about the tooth bar making it even more a possibility.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I suppose it seems possible if you are "right on the edge" of breaking or bending something, the extra length of a toothbar (3"?) might push you over the edge. Seems unlikely, but I acknowledge that it is possible.
But then again, it's possible there is a competent bureaucrat out there somewhere.

Reactions: 2 users

foobert

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 25, 2021
Washington
I suppose it seems possible if you are "right on the edge" of breaking or bending something, the extra length of a toothbar (3"?) might push you over the edge. Seems unlikely, but I acknowledge that it is possible.
But then again, it's possible there is a competent bureaucrat out there somewhere.
Perhaps the corollary is: any ham fisted operator is capable of wrecking machinery, some machines easier than others.

Reactions: 1 user

snobunee37

Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2020
Grantville, PA
I have one that I bought from Titan last spring. I got the single teeth and the double (aka tiger teeth i think). i have to double check the length though and get back to you. I was going to use it to dig into this hard shale bed my house is on to save some money on fixing my foundation wall that has been taking on water since 1947 :oops: but I couldn't get a comfy position on the slope (actually almost rolled it...didn't even see it comin...thanking my protectors for having me double check the 4wd was engaged...sorry i digress).

I never bolted it on but instead strapped a heavy duty chain around it and the bucket and it snugged up pretty darn good. I've had to fix issue after issue with the hydraulics and now i've got to address the hubs allowing the rear wheels to all but fall off. so i literally used the toothbar a total of 1.25 hrs in the past year. LOL I'd be willing to part ways with it...I will measure and take some pics today.

Gecko76

Equipment
Kubota B2150 (1996) Front Loader
Jan 2, 2022
Setauket, NY
I have one that I bought from Titan last spring. I got the single teeth and the double (aka tiger teeth i think). i have to double check the length though and get back to you. I was going to use it to dig into this hard shale bed my house is on to save some money on fixing my foundation wall that has been taking on water since 1947 :oops: but I couldn't get a comfy position on the slope (actually almost rolled it...didn't even see it comin...thanking my protectors for having me double check the 4wd was engaged...sorry i digress).

I never bolted it on but instead strapped a heavy duty chain around it and the bucket and it snugged up pretty darn good. I've had to fix issue after issue with the hydraulics and now i've got to address the hubs allowing the rear wheels to all but fall off. so i literally used the toothbar a total of 1.25 hrs in the past year. LOL I'd be willing to part ways with it...I will measure and take some pics today.
Hi Snobunee37. Please do measure and photos. I am extremely interested, what state are you in (shipping?)

snobunee37

Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2020
Grantville, PA
Hi Snobunee37. Please do measure and photos. I am extremely interested, what state are you in (shipping?)
Do you know where "The Sweetest Place on Earth" is located? :) I live there....and yes it really does smell like __________(insert your best G rated guess here)!!!!

snobunee37

Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2020
Grantville, PA
Turns out the toothbar is 59" because my loader bucket is 60". That is not going to work for you, right? sorry again for the delay. i still dont know what is going on with my service and temp hotspots are being picky also.

snobunee37

Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2020
Grantville, PA
Turns out the toothbar is 59" because my loader bucket is 60". That is not going to work for you, right? sorry again for the delay. i still dont know what is going on with my service and temp hotspots are being picky also.
If you think it will work, please let me know. Here is a pic of it on my bucket.

Attachments