Tooth bar for bucket

GeoBx2680

Equipment
FEL, 60" mower, 60" plow, Pallet Forks, 50" snowblower Front mount
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
So im thinking of stimulating the economy and buying a tooth bar.
Which bar are you running ?
Any other sites then everything.com to look at ?

I have a BX tractor

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
BXPANDED Piranah Tooth Bar. Don't bother considering alternatives. Do a search on this forum. There's no legitimate comparison. This thread is over. You're welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

GeoBx2680

Equipment
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
BXPANDED Piranah Tooth Bar. Don't bother considering alternatives. Do a search on this forum. There's no legitimate comparison. This thread is over. You're welcome.
Will ok then guess this thread is done. LOL

I knew there was one people talked of on here couldn't remember what it was called.
Who sells them ?

And thank you

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I have the Piranha tooth bar as well.
Me too.
Digging ability of the bucket increased orders of magnitude, and you are NOT going to break it.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'm frugal and creative, made my own version of the pirhana bar. Couldn't see spending 500 Canucks for $20 worth of steel and 2 hours of my 'free' labour.
Mine bolts on using the 7, 5/8" holes in my bucket,so NO mods to bucket !
OK, it's not as pretty BUT it does a GREAT job. Money saved buys me more diesel ( $4 USD/USG up here...)

Last edited:

GeoBx2680

Equipment
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
Nicfin36----Thanks for the link. I think.....

Now i'm looking at the front loader storage dolly too.

Anyone got or use one of them ?

Greensvillejay ----Only $240 in the states plus what ever shipping is. Diesel is only $2.50 gallon here I think haven't looked in while.

Can you post a picture like to see it. I could make one I guess. My employer is set up to work with metal being that I'm a hvac guy. I just don't like going to the shop after hours but I could my boss is real cool about us using work vehicles and tools and such for home projects and side work.

Last edited:

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Had my Piranha tooth bar for about 4 years and love it. Thought when I got it I would put it on when I was digging but since the install it had not been off the tractor.

Works great for ripping up small trees, digging, grading well just about anything.

It also serves well protecting the bucket edge.

Here is mine installed, painted it orange, most of the paint is still on it today.

Attachments

cjoffutt

Oct 14, 2019
Indiana
No legit comparison?

How do you figure when there are others made/sold. I would say you could easily legitimately compare the BXpanded Piranha Bar to Everything Attachments Tooth bar.

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
I've got the BXPanded piranha bar as well and echo all of the above comments. It hasn't come off my tractor since the day it was installed and I almost think it's criminal that Kubota doesn't sell the tractor with one on it [emoji23].

Another common bucket attachment is the ratchet rake, https://www.ratchetrake.com/, and I came close to buying one of these before settling on the piranha bar...but they're also different tools for different jobs (I was looking for something to help de-root an area as well as clear brush. I ended up with a box blade because it can de-root-and more, and the piranha bar because it can clear brush-and more).

I don't have the FEL dolly...it's on my list though...but info have the backhoe dolly and it's a game changer. Makes getting the backhoe on & off even easier, and I love being able to move it all around my garage so it's always out of the way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cjoffutt

Oct 14, 2019
Indiana
No. Legitimate. Comparison.

Hrrrmmm...

Both are V notched tooth bars, relatively same price. Only a $100 difference between the two for my tractor (actually less when you figure shipping from BX vs free shipping from EA). Both are used for the exact same function(s). There have been comparison videos already done of the (2) bars.

But hey, I guess if you don't think they can be compared then no-one should compare Ford to Chevy to Dodge when looking to buy a truck?

I could personally care less which/what the OP or anyone buys, but to state there is NO comparison to it, that's just incorrect at its core.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The choice of a toothbar should be determined by what it's use will be and the soil conditions, and I suppose tractor size. I have toothbars (2) that are not the style being debated here. If you're digging into tight material, and not focusing on chopping stemmy brush, I'd suggest looking further then piranha and similar bars.

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
EA makes great stuff. Their toothbar looks good, certainly better than a standard bucket edge, but costs more and isn't sharp. Every leading edge is a blunt 90 degree vertical angle. Looks like it would be good for catching a sapling to lift up from the ground, but if it's on a smaller tractor that can't lift the roots out, it's just going to skin it and fold it over. With the PTB, if it won't lift out, it cuts it. I'm afraid of my PTB. A fall or mis-step into it and you're going to be applying pressure to stop the bleeding.

Reactions: 1 user

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
PTB = BXPANDED Piranah Tooth Bar

Reactions: 1 user

flogler

Equipment
2017 BX23s
Dec 18, 2019
Debary, FL. USA
I don't think it will work for my application here in Florida. I've got a foot deep of vines in my backyard that I half cleared. The tractor really strains on breaking it loose and can't lift the load to rip it out. I have been using the backhoe as a dragline and that has been working slightly better. I bought a 3point rake from Titan (250) and it works great for leveling the yard and prepping for sod.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I don't think it will work for my application here in Florida. I've got a foot deep of vines in my backyard that I half cleared. The tractor really strains on breaking it loose and can't lift the load to rip it out. I have been using the backhoe as a dragline and that has been working slightly better. I bought a 3point rake from Titan (250) and it works great for leveling the yard and prepping for sod.
Do you live in the country far enough out to where you could burn it?